Qui peut dire le faux et le reel?

  • val2160
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2010
      .

      2005 SMWS Pentathlon
      Here's the problem with what you are suggesting here (that racism has been removed from Waldorf)… you still require Waldorf teachers, TODAY, to read Steiner's racist comments about skin color – AND to APPLY those ideas to children through the concept ALL Waldorf teachers apply to children… the Temperaments! The temperaments were Steiner's way of dividing children by body type. The temperaments are used TODAY to divide Waldorf children – by BODY TYPE – for the Greek Olympic games (pentathlon) in the 5th grade. Why Joan? If Waldorf has addressed racism, why are children divided by temperaments, why are teachers instructed to read Steiner's VERY DUMB ideas about body types (even Steiner's own Anthroposophical doctors couldn't distinguish "small-headed" children from "large-headed" children). It's one of many distinctions Waldorf teachers use to separate children. http://smrtlernins.com/2010/11/16/ask-a-smrt-homeschooler-about-the-waldorf-method/#comments

    • val2160
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 2, 2010
        Pete with Norwegian Nurses

        Here's AWSNA's OFFICIAL statement or "racism" – it's not about racist ideas being taught or applied to children – it's really about racial discrimination for admitting students into Waldorf schools.

        "Waldorf Schools are independent schools committed to developing the human
        potential of each child to its fullest. Admission to the schools is open to everyone, without regard to race, sex, creed, religion, national origin, or ethnicity. In company with many other tuition-based independent schools, Waldorf schools are actively seeking ways to increase the economic and ethnic diversity of their student populations.

        It is a fundamental goal of our education to bring students to an
        understanding and experience of the common humanity of all the world's
        peoples, transcending the stereotypes, prejudices, and divisive barriers of classification by sex, race, and nationality.

        We most emphatically reject racism in all its forms, and embrace the
        principles of common humanity expressed by the founder of Waldorf education, Rudolf Steiner:

        "(We) must cast aside the division into races. (We) must seek to
        unite people of all races and nations, and to bridge the divisions
        and differences between various groups of people."

        – The Universal Human, Lecture 1″

        I can understand why they would have to publish such disclaimers – the Waldorf school in Harlem, for example, has (had) no black students at all. Kinda makes you wonder… ;) But the statement does NOT address racism in Waldorf.

        The quote AWSNA uses from Steiner – above is out of context BTW. The entire lecture can be found here:http://wn.rsarchive.org/Lectures/UniHuman/19091204p02.html

        Here's the whole three sentences around AWSNA's quote:

        "Therefore, in its fundamental nature, the anthroposophical movement, which is to prepare the sixth period, must cast aside the division into races. It must seek to unite people of all races and nations, and to bridge the divisions and differences between various groups of people. The old point of view of race has a physical character, but what will prevail in the future will have a more spiritual character."

        Steiner is talking about casting aside the divisions of races and treating humans as individuals IN THE NEXT EPOCH, NOT this one. So, in 1000 years, Waldorf schools will stop teaching children in accordance with their race. But for now, they will continue to deceive us – even using Steiner's own words out of context – in order to bring children to Anthroposophy.

        http://smrtlernins.com/2010/11/16/ask-a-smrt-homeschooler-about-the-waldorf-method/#comments

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 3, 2010
          --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "val2160" <wdenval@...> wrote:

          > [Pete with Norwegian Nurses]
          >
          > Here's AWSNA's OFFICIAL statement or "racism" –
          > it's not about racist ideas being taught or applied to children
          > – it's really about racial discrimination for admitting students
          > into Waldorf schools.

          I don't get your point in bringing this shit here, Val. btw, What Waldorf school in Harlem?
          Frank
        • val2160
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 3, 2010