Re: The Great Initiates

    Message 1 of 85 , Dec 1, 2010
      It's a preview with 240 pages missing.

      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "val2160" <wdenval@...>
      wrote:

      > I think this one

      <http://books.google.com/books?id=QzL5Z5U7YPQC&printsec=frontcover&dq=th\
      \

      e+great+initiates&hl=en&src=bmrr&ei=hof2TNrFMoPmsQOF8pHjCw&sa=X&oi=book_\
      \
      > result&ct=book-thumbnail&resnum=1> is already available through
      Google
      > books though I don't know what that means in terms of accessibility
      for
      > the archives. -Val
      >
      > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "elfuncle" elfuncle@
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Gee Frank, it's a small world, and the anthro-world is even smaller
      --
      > I seem to recall Bradford telling us he used to know Stewart Easton,
      who
      > wrote that excellent Steiner biography.
      > >
      > > And here's something for the holefolks to sink their teeth into: Dan
      > Dugan said to me many years ago that I DARED NOT <sic> take the word
      > "Aryan" in my mouth (or in my pen, on my keyboard, take your pick), so
      > I'm doing it in very big letters with the next installment of "The
      Great
      > Initiates" by Édouard Schuré (1889). Let them eat their hearts
      out
      > and keep spitting against the wind ;)
      > >
      > > Tarjei
      > >
      > > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Thomas Smith"
      > fts.trasla@ wrote:
      > > >

      > > > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "elfuncle"

      > > > I met Paul Allen once in Dornach, it must have been around 1970
      > during a "Faust - Parts 1 & 2" presentation at the Goetheanum. Faust
      > runs all week and in the mornings there were lectures about the part
      of
      > the play we were to see that day. Paul Allen was the lecturer in
      > English. In order to understand what was going on, I was reading the
      > play in German the night before - not an easy task for someone whose
      > German was good, but far from "native speaker". I remember Allen as
      > being a brilliant describer and explainer of Goethe in general and
      Faust

      Message 85 of 85 , Dec 25, 2010
        Happy, merry, jolly Christmas day to you, Frank -- and to everybody else here. Yes, the Pythagoras chapter is the best in this book by Schuré, I think too.

        Incidentally, the original files (ms word docs and tif images) are up until James has downloaded them for the RS Archive after the holidays:

        http://uncletaz.com/gr-init-docs/