Re: The Tea Party and the Pee Party

  • val2160
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 28, 2010
      http://family.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/805/~/how-would-being-a-late-bloomer-and-having-trouble-learning-to-read-be-related%3F

      Reading, particularly, is a highly complex neurological process. The visual stimulus must be relayed to the brain without distortion, where it should be interpreted and retained in the memory. Not all 6-year-old children are equipped to perform this task. Unfortunately, however, our culture permits few exceptions or deviations from the established timetable. A child of that age must learn to read or he will face the emotional consequences of failure. This is why I favor either holding an immature child out of school for a year or homeschooling him or her for several years.

      James Dobson