Noah Dove Abraham Ram

    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 3, 2010
      Noah Sends a Dove from the Ark: Genesis 8:6-12
      6 And it came to pass at the end of forty days, that Noah opened the window of the ark which he had made: 7 And he sent forth a raven, which went forth to and fro, until the waters were dried up from off the earth.
      8 Also he sent forth a dove from him, to see if the waters were abated from off the face of the ground; 9 But the dove found no rest for the sole of her foot, and she returned unto him into the ark, for the waters were on the face of the whole earth: then he put forth his hand, and took her, and pulled her in unto him into the ark.
      10 And he stayed yet other seven days; and again he sent forth the dove out of the ark; 11 And the dove came in to him in the evening; and, lo, in her mouth was an olive leaf pluckt off: so Noah knew that the waters were abated from off the earth.
      12 And he stayed yet other seven days; and sent forth the dove; which returned not again unto him any more.

      Dottie: The language in my bible is similar but a little more pronounced in the 'came in to him' but if we look at 8:8 we see that in the first lines he already pulls her into the ark and then it says again 'in unto him in the ark'.

      And so once again I am at the Shekinah going out into the land, the beginningness of 'God's presence on earth as the Shekinah...and then it takes me to who Abraham gives tithes to, this Melichizedek......this man of light.....man of the ...well, actually if we consider the words that Jesus is a priest after Melichizedek as written in one of the Gospels then I think we have to look back to Noah.

      Anyway my thoughts, d

      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 3, 2010
        I am surprised to learn that dove * duv* has this term in Hebrew: tor, Yonah....

        Surprised because both relate to the feminine . And it comes to me to now finally understand what was so difficult in the Temple when Jesus came through admonishing the 'seller's of doves' he was speaking of the sellers of the soul as a symbol, not because they were doing in that house but what they were selling....for he knew the temple would be rent but the temple of man, as he said would be built up in three days.....he was speaking of the doves being sold as an allegory to the souls being sold...so goes my thinking....
        Parshas Vayikra
        The Statement: Vayikra Perek 5:7 "Shtay Sorim Oh Shnay Bnay Yonah" Two turtledoves or two young doves.
        The Rule: The Posuk uses the feminine form of two for the Torim and the masculine form of two for the Bnay Yonah. This is because the word Tor is feminine and therefore it receives the feminine form of two. Although Yonah is also feminine, since the Posuk is referring to the offspring of the Yonah which are the Bnay Yonah and are male, it uses the masculine form of two which is Shnay.
        The Question: If both Yonah and Tor are feminine, then why is the plural form Torim and Yonim? The plural form would seem to be projecting a masculine word and not a feminine word.
        The Answer: There are certain words which include the whole species such as Cheetah (wheat). In words such as these even the singular form includes many. When these type of words want to express just one of the species frequently they will say Cheetah Achas (one wheat). This group of words when saying many of them use a word that would seem to be a masculine plural. Eventhough they are feminine, these type of words get a masculine suffix. Since these words always mean many, whether they have the plural ending or not. The plural ending is not to be seen as a plural of the singular but rather as a word all of its own not merely the plural form of the singular. That is why the word Chookah (law) becomes Chookim with a OO sound for it is a plural of Chokewith a Cholom. In our case Tor becomes Torim with an Oh sound for it is not merely a plural of the word Tor but a separate word that means many doves.
        (See Emes L'Yakov on this Posuk from Rav Yakov Kamenetsky)
        To reach Rabbi Terebelo you can email him at the following address: mterebelo@...
        Courtesy of JewishAmerica (www.JewishAmerica.com)

        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 3, 2010
          Tor is also connected to the Knights of the Roundtable. Adopted son of King Ars/Aries, the natural son of Pellinore, (Shepherd King) , Tor and his twelve half brothers, including a Percival were raised as shepherds but King Arthur made him a knight, old norse meaning Thor.

          Shekinah is also understood as 'indwelling' and so if we look to the idea that the dove dwelled within Noah we have a better understanding of  who sent out this dove...and then interestingly enough I recall that photo of Pope John Paul a few months or weeks before his death: the doves he released from his window, refused to leave his breast, they kept flying back into the  window covering his chest as he warmly smiled and tried to free them...indwelling, the skekinah, the Sophia, and now we have her known in our time as Anthroposophia, as having already moved through man....but I am looking to find tor and torah....if tor by itself means dove...what does this 'ah' stand for. Val?

          The Rock symbolizes the unity of the three faiths of the God of Abraham (Bernheim).
          "Here is Jerusalem, and you should know why you came here.
          Above Jerusalem, in heaven, there grows a tree,
          and out of the roots of the tree flow three rivers,
          and these rivers are Judaism, Christianity and Islam".
          Grand Mufti Ja'abary of El-Aksa
          Fulfilling the Torah of Moses in the Shekhinah and the Asherah
          "She so pervades this lower world ...
          that if you search in deed, thought and speculation,
          You will find Shechinah
          for there is no beginning and no end to her."
          Rabbi Joseph 13 th-century.

          Whoever is humble will ultimately cause the Shekihnah to dwell upon this Earth.
          Whoever is haughty brings about the defilement of the Earth and the departure of the Shekihnah.
          The glow of lovers is a reflection of her presence
          She is the flaming jewel of the Torah and the Holy Queen of the Kabbalah
          She is the ancient one, the Holy Apple Orchard
          She is the immanent indwelling presence of the living God
          She is the animating life force of the Earth"

          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 3, 2010
            I am thinking Torah means the Doves Teachings....the indwellers teachings as the dove is feminine and Tor is dove and the Torah is the teachings and learnings of the dove, I guess we could say in future terms the 'holy spirit'. well that just about says it all I guess. interesting.

            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 3, 2010
              Look at this wording of the Rabbi:

              "Noah then opened the window in the sealed ark and sent out a raven "to see if the waters had subsided from the surface of the earth." The raven, which refused the mission, was followed by three doves: the first returned immediately, indicating that the flood's waters still engulfed the earth; the second came back in the evening, clutching "a plucked olive leaf" and the promise of a new life for earth. The third did not return at all, informing the ark's inhabitants that the earth was ready for habitation."

              Dottie: and now look at this :

              "Rabbi Israel Baal Shem Tov explains the relevance of the divine instruction to Noah, "Come into the ark," to our daily lives. The Hebrew word for "ark," teivah, also means "word." Come into the word, says the Almighty to each and every one of us; enter within the words of prayer and Torah study. Here you will find a haven of wisdom, meaning and sanctity amidst the raging floodwaters of life."
              Dottie: So, teivah means ark which means 'Word' now isn't that something...we can be looking at the Gospel of John wherein we find 'In the beginning was the Word'...the ark.........that heavenly ship is what it seems to me...whew, and this must be the new jerisalem as well....for another day,

              These three doves moved out from Noah, as did the raven too I suppose although I guess that's gonna have to remain in the background a little while longer till we get this first mystery on the doves....three of them, emminating out from Noah. '

              Ahhhh 'go out from the ark, go out from the Word....oh boy....go out from the spiritland wherein the Word is born.....

              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 3, 2010
                If I didn't know any better....and I don't....I'd consider that the flood is another way of what is termed as chaos or the hashayim ....can't recall the other word, Steiner expresses it in his Genesis book, where the warmth and air came about...and it seems to me this is what we can find in this word 'mabul' flood.

                Mabul comes from the Hebrew verb, yabul, which means "to flow copiously and with some violence." Other floods mentioned in the Old Testament are translated by a different word, setep, which is describing localized floods (Ps 32:6; Nahum 1:8; Dan 9:26; 11:22; Job 38:25).

                And out of this flood we have a Noah, an adamkadmon type of figure wherein he sends out three of his own forces into the world, three doves, three indwelleres, or in other words, the three marys:):):) Theosophia, Philosophia, Anthroposophia, all of one Sophia, Shekinah, the last being the one who remained with the earth along with that damn raven! not good.

                Hmmm we have a whole new story here for our times....that's what I'm thinking..we have a new way to present this thing....to my christian brothers and sisters....I came to a thought yesterday that I could put together a point by point bulletin (what a word) list of what does this mean, starting with:

                Solomon is presented with two children to be cut in half.......:) whew,

                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 3, 2010
                  And because I don't know any better:

                  "This contains the kernel of Philo's philosophical doctrine of the creation of the original man. He calls him the idea of the earthly Adam, while with the rabbis the spirit (רוח) of Adam not only existed before the creation of the earthly Adam, but was preexistent to the whole of creation. From the preexisting Adam, or Messiah, to the Logos is merely a step."

                  Dottie: It seems to me Noah is the man to come after Adam in the sense that it is Adam who is turning into a star...its a difficult thing to express because you have Adam made out of the earth...and the picture I have of this now is that he is the earth....and its his body......well I can't express it but if we look at 'image' and ...so in a way Noah is the new Adam in the real physical world ....nope can't do it, has to do i am sure with the seven layers to every mystery of which we seem to know only 2 at this point regarding the 'creation stories'....

                  Zohar
                  Closely related to the Philonic doctrine of the heavenly Adam is the Adam Ḳadmon (called also Adam 'Ilaya, the "High Man," the "Heavenly Man") of the Zohar, whose conception of the original man can be deduced from the following passages: "The form of man is the image of everything that is above [in heaven] and below [upon earth]; therefore did the Holy Ancient [God] select it for His own form."[8]
                  As with Philo the Logos is the original image of man, or the original man, so in the Zohar the heavenly man is the embodiment of all divine manifestations: the Ten Sefirot, the original image of man. The heavenly Adam, stepping forth out of the highest original darkness, created the earthly Adam.[9] In other words, the activity of the Original Essence manifested itself in the creation of man, who at the same time is the image of the Heavenly Man and of the universe,[10] just as with Plato and Philo the idea of man, as microcosm, embraces the idea of the universe or macrocosm.

                  [edit] Luria

                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 3, 2010
                    So i guess what im trying to get at is 'who visited abraham' and 'what does this have to do with noah' and ...yes, that's what im trying to figure out...itd be interesting to look at last years time of what i had been living with that's trying to birth forth now...i think lats year was the first year i noted in myself that there was a process that i seemed to have lived with than then after michaelmas things came forth...i guess this rhythm is here once again...to be conscious of the years questions and to see what is manifested forth is going to be a new life thing i guess....abrahama ey? whew, d

                    Message 9 of 10 , Oct 3, 2010

                      ..but I am looking to find tor and torah....if tor by itself means dove...what does this 'ah' stand for. Val?

                      That which the dove emanates from.-Val
                      Message 10 of 10 , Oct 3, 2010
                        I want to say that this 'rock' if it is the one that the Muslims do a once a  year to, was actually originally of the three feminine beings, I can't recall exactly but I remember this in my beginning research...that before they came to the one male god they, like all the others, were matriarchal in their spirit gesture....and that rock was of the three sisters or something...again I imagine the three marys...d

                        > Tor is also connected to the Knights of the Roundtable. Adopted son of
                        King Ars/Aries, the natural son of Pellinore, (Shepherd King) , Tor and
                        his twelve half brothers, including a Percival were raised as shepherds
                        but King Arthur made him a knight, old norse meaning Thor.

                        > Shekinah is also understood as 'indwelling' and so if we look to the
                        idea that the dove dwelled within Noah we have a better understanding of
                        who sent out this dove...and then interestingly enough I recall that
                        photo of Pope John Paul a few months or weeks before his death: the
                        doves he released from his window, refused to leave his breast, they
                        kept flying back into the  window covering his chest as he warmly smiled
                        and tried to free them...indwelling, the skekinah, the Sophia, and now
                        we have her known in our time as Anthroposophia, as having already moved
                        through man....but I am looking to find tor and torah....if tor by
                        itself means dove...what does this 'ah' stand for. Val?

                        > http://www.dhushara.com/book/torah/tor.htm
                        >
                        > The Rock symbolizes the unity of the three faiths of the God of
                        Abraham (Bernheim).

                        > "Here is Jerusalem, and you should know why you came here.
                        > Above Jerusalem, in heaven, there grows a tree,
                        > and out of the roots of the tree flow three rivers,
                        > and these rivers are Judaism, Christianity and Islam".
                        > Grand Mufti Ja'abary of El-Aksa
                        >

                        > Fulfilling the Torah of Moses in the Shekhinah and the Asherah
                        >

                        > "She so pervades this lower world ...
                        > that if you search in deed, thought and speculation,
                        > You will find Shechinah
                        > for there is no beginning and no end to her."
                        > Rabbi Joseph 13 th-century.
                        >
                        > Whoever is humble will ultimately cause the Shekihnah to dwell upon
                        this Earth.
                        > Whoever is haughty brings about the defilement of the Earth and the
                        departure of the Shekihnah.
                        > The glow of lovers is a reflection of her presence
                        > She is the flaming jewel of the Torah and the Holy Queen of the
                        Kabbalah
                        > She is the ancient one, the Holy Apple Orchard
                        > She is the immanent indwelling presence of the living God
                        > She is the animating life force of the Earth"

                        <*> Your email settings:
                            Individual Email | Traditional

                        <*> To change settings online go to:
                            (Yahoo! ID required)