Re: Mary Magdalene

    Message 1 of 65 , Dec 2, 2003
      Hi JoAnn,

      Fiction books seem to be my least favorite books, however, with all
      the Magdalelen 'fact' books, reporting her sexual dalliances with
      Jesus the Christ and her being black and this being the 'real' reason
      Christian Jews looked down upon the Magdalene, I think I am open to
      reading some 'acknowledged' fiction of her from an inspirational
      level.

      Have you ever read Mysts of Avalon? I have it on my shelf and so many
      people have said you must read this book. So, I will get this book
      you mention below as well as maybe begin reading the Mysts of Avalon.
      Thank you.

      All my best,
      Dottie

      Message 65 of 65 , Dec 15, 2003
        > Lazarus-John didn't only write the Fourth Gospel, but also the
        Apocalypse.
        > These most profound and sublime documents of all time could only be
        written
        > by someone who had been personally initiated by Christ Himself:
        Lazarus.

        Dear Tarjei,

        I am inspired to write a 'scholarly' :) piece on this today. In this
        I would like to say Magdalene was also initiated by Christ. There is
        absolutely no way around it. I am not sure if your comment means that
        only Lazarus was initiated by Christ, does it?

        Not only this but this week the headline for the Christmas Time
        Magazine was Magdalene. Kind of interesting beings it usually is the
        Mother Mary and the Babe. My friend saw the cover on my desk and
        mentioned 'boy that looks like Mona Lisa'. And you know what, he is
        right. So, got to thinking which led me to Da Vincis Mona Lisa. Now
        reading the novel, The Da Vinci Codes something interesting it
        brought out by known art scholars and that is that the picture is
        actually considered a male/female painting. Magdalene: male/female.
        Now, obviously this does not mean that I am right regarding Magdalene
        however these little points will keep coming up till we get it about
        this Feminine Mystery that was hidden by the Church. Peter was the
        outer church and Magdalene represents the inner church.

        I am going to pull this together in a little paper. I do not believe
        it goes against anything Dr. STeiner said. I do believe that as
        students we are not to stop at his death with the things he shared
        with us. We are to go further or we are stuck in the mud. He hinted
        that the Feminine Mysteries are going to be unveiled and they are. He
        did not say who represented them although he did hint at it. If we
        read his works between the lines, like we do the Bible, we will come
        to this truth.

        Its funny because a thought just came to me about John/Lazarus
        writing the Fourth Gospel. Usually Mother Mary is not considered an
        ispirant yet she is considered to have lived with this John. Now
        suddenly people are starting to say John was inspired by living with
        the Holy Mother intimating that it is a book by both in a sense.
        People are starting to feel this Magdalene/Daughter intuitive energy
        because they are acknowledging her in a sense. It is so readily
        available to one who seeks.

        Sincerely,