Witch riding the back

    Message 1 of 37 , Sep 1, 2010
      Strange experience last night and I'm wondering if anyone else has had such a thing occur and what to make of it....

      I used to have a dream where an old lady would appear and I would know to wake myself up immediately as I felt paralyzed in the dream or something...it was the sign in my consciousness to get up, wake up NOW....and I would struggle to get out of the dream state and I would be screaming and doing all I could to get myself out of the dream state...it was always such a horrfying moment to wake up and a relief when I did....but I always recognized this old lady figure even if she wasn't the same face in each dream, it was I guess the essence....

      My companion, when I told him about this one time, said 'that's a witch riding yo back', as he has experienced this many times, this innability to wake up...but I realized I was wrong to ...i did't express it correctly as I realized what took place last night was what he must have been referring to as 'a witch riding yo back' and that is that a presence of some sort is actually on your back as you sleep or comes to be on top of your back and is the entire lenght of the upper body....

      This is what happened last night. Now I have had moments where the spiritual can indeed 'touch' you physically, it can I've experienced it once or twice and it was strange....or maybe rather it can cause a sensation as a touch to occur....anyway I'm sleeping and suddenly and immediately I become aware of something enfolding me from the back, on my back. And I am scared to death as I try to wake myself up and its somewhere between the dream state and the waking state but fully conscious of a feeling on the body. And I cannot believe that something is holding me or enfolding me and I realize the windowdoor is behind me and that is it possible someone came in without me realizing it and I am really frightened as I try to move my body but cannot and part of me wants to wake up and the other part is afraid to see who it is that is now obviously holding my body....and then I awake and move slightly to realize nobody is on me but it scared me so straight that I cannot sleep for the next three hours hence the late night posts......

      I recall something strange about an anthro saying how we have to look at ourselves from the back...we have to step out the back to see ourselves in front of us, this is the practice....and it has to do with the spine and the energy forces....now I could never do that and in truth never really really applied myself to it, but I wonder if it has something to do with that and because I was scared I could not 'see' what was occuring as one can see when one crosses the Threshold asleep and the colors appear before one or one is in the colors or a part of the colors....

      A young man once stayed at my house a few years ago watching over my foster child while I was away at a workshop. And he related that he had a fight for his life one night while sleeping on my couch in that a figure jumped on his back and he had a fight to the death it seemed. Now this young man does not go around speaking on these things at all although he is a mster at the Revelations portion of the bible and has had strange incidents occur to him that he doesnt' really share with anyone and only me because we speak on these terms from time to time...so I am wondering is it the same thing that occurred to me and what would I have done if I had to fight this thing on my back, what if it came back...and ultimately what is it....

      Anyone have any similar experience with that speficially?

      Message 37 of 37 , Sep 12, 2010
        I'm sort of relieved you're not a Templar, Dottie, because I've been suspecting you of being one of them mamas Frank and I were discussing ;)

        Well, it's not a mosque that's planned for that address some blocks away from Ground Zero, but a Muslim cultural center open to everyone. Note the difference. On the other hand, this project is being financed, they say, by the Fox News organization, tea party folks, so the whole idea behind it is to create controversy. Not a good idea to take their bait.

        As for the fast growth of Islam, getting converts from Christianity and so on, it's basically what Erich Fromm once called fear of freedom, or rather flight from freedom. Christ expects too much responsibility from the individual, and people don't want to turn the other cheek and give everything they have to the poor and so on. Having to pray five times a day, walking around in portable tents, and having to take that trip to Mecca etc. -- these things may be tedious, but as long as you stick to such formalities you don't have to cleanse your own soul and become holy, because Allah is doing all that for you as long as you stick with his external program. It's all about obedience to scripture; what you get in return is freedom from responsibility for your own karma.

        http://wn.rsarchive.org/Lectures/YoungDoctors/19240424a01.html

        "Just think how abstractly, how brutally, how heedlessly investigations are made into these things today and you will realize what is really lacking and has been killed, in spite of the fact that Arabism did conserve much of the wisdom, conscientiousness and skill of ancient times. It has been killed because Moon, Sun and Saturn—this Trinity which was then disguised as Father, Son and Spirit — disappeared and was repudiated by Arabian thought in Mohammedanism with the words: 'Away with this Trinity. Mohammed proclaims only one God!' (Mohammed himself did not say this, but the Angel who inspired him, did. He was not one of the best Angels although he was a very wise one.)"

        ( -- Rudolf Steiner: Course for Young Doctors, Lecture IV, Dornach, April 24, 1924, GA# 316)