SV: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Re: Healing

  • Are Thoresen
    Message 1 of 59 , Aug 26, 2010

      Dottie,

      As far as I understand what you describe; this is how I diagnose my patients every day …….

      Are

      That's a good lecture Val thanks.

      I was thinking this:

      'There is no need for Spiritual Science to be afraid of showing how so-called mental or psychical disease is invariably connected with some organic phenomenon or other in the body of man. Spiritual Science must show with all emphasis that when a “soul-complex” — a deviation from the so-called “normal life of soul” — is studied, the most that can be achieved is a one-sided diagnosis. Psycho-analysis, therefore, can never lead to anything more than a diagnosis, never to a real therapy in this domain. In mental or spiritual diseases therapy must proceed to administer a cure for the body and for this reason there must be exact knowledge of the ramifications of the Spiritual in the material. We must know where to take hold of the material body (which is permeated with Spirit) in order to cure the disease of which abnormal conditions of soul are but the symptoms. Again and again it must be emphasised by Spiritual Science that the root of so-called mental or psychical diseases lies in the organic system of the human being. But it is only possible to understand abnormal organology when the Spirit can be traced in the most minute parts of matter.'

      Dottie:

      ...is interesting in that I am called to remember this 'spinal fluid' issue I hear alot about. I wonder what this has to do with mental illness such as the sort I see everyday.

      And the 'plastic forming forces'....I have been pondering these things in relations to exactly how can I know these sheaths in the sense from experience as just reading it doesn't do it for me.....I can't get a picture in me of how this occurs, where one imprints onto another. I mean I need someone who has experienced this to share it with me versus a painting or someone speaking from what Rudolf Steiner said...I need someone with an actual experience of this occurring and how it does so....know anyone? :)

      All good things,

      Dottie

    • Are Thoresen