SV: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Re: Animal communicators

  • val2160
    Message 1 of 56 , Aug 4, 2010
      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Are Thoresen" <arethore@...> wrote:

      > Hello Tarjei,
      >
      > Yes, I did, but the original character to inspire this movie was
      > clairvoyant, or psychic.

      "Around that time I was staying with a friend in Devon, in the southwest of England, and at supper one evening I heard another friend of his (a veterinarian farrier, called Robbie Richardson) telling someone he had once seen a 'horse whisperer' at work. I had been around horses since I was a young boy, but until that moment had never heard that term. Robbie told me how this traveling horseman had transformed a traumatized pony back to the loving, sweet-natured creature it had once been.

      For some reason the story touched me deeply. I started to research horse whispering and discovered its history goes back many centuries. Probably for as long as man and horses have known each other, there have always been people who seemed to know what was going on inside a horse's head. Sometimes they were seen as witches and some were even burned at the stake because when a horse went berserk, it was thought the devil was in him and, by extension, anyone who could expel the devil must, it was thought, have some kind of magic power.

      Suddenly I realized I had the central character for my Western story and piece by piece the rest of it fell into place. I spent many weeks traveling across the West and met three amazing horsemen: Tom Dorrance, Ray Hunt and Buck Brannaman. Some of you may have read that someone called Monty Roberts was the model for Tom Booker, The Horse Whisperer in the book, and that he helped me with my research. It's not true. met Mr Roberts once, briefly, in England but have never seen him with a horse or seen him since. He had no involvement whatsoever."

      http://www.nicholasevans.com/faq/faq.asp

    • val2160
      Message 56 of 56 , Aug 12, 2010
        My best guess, Frank, is that the good people at the History Channel
        translated öenthusiasmosò as God's use.-Val