Re: SV: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] General Principles

  • val2160
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2010
      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, Kim Graae Munch <kimgm@...> wrote:

      SV: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] General Principles

      Yes, rather Ahrimanic;-)

      Kim

      engrish
funny This Place Has Come in Really Handy

           Technology represents philosophy resolved to the most cogent argument . . . If man did this, such would result.  In technology, man is empowered to explore and develop his own "if" without reference to the limiting response of other preoccupied egos.  Through technology alone, the creative individual can of free will arrange for the continuing preservation of mankind despite individual man's self-frustrating propensities.  Mechanisms are the antithesis of the Frankenstein concept.  They represent the direct and only means of articulation of free will.  Mechanisms can only be operated by man. - R. Buckminster Fuller

      Message 2 of 5 , May 2, 2010
        Before and in the beginning of the industrial revolution, before the Consumer Society, things were manufactured in the near area, both food and non food, and there wasn't produced anything which weren't used, and therefore the need for storage and transport were negligible. Today we have waste in transportation, in destruction of both unused and used goods, and production of enormous amounts of unnecessary products.
        It's really fantastic that it's possible to produce gods in China and send it to USA and Europe, and that it's still cheaper than producing it locally. No, it's not fantastic, it's because petrol is too cheap in comparison to the amount back on Earth. Set CO2 tax on petrol, and the local companies could compete.
        Kim

        Message 3 of 5 , May 2, 2010
          <kimgm@...> wrote:

          > Before and in the beginning of the industrial revolution, before the
          > Consumer Society, things were manufactured in the near area, both food
          > and non food, and there wasn't produced anything which weren't used,
          and
          > therefore the need for storage and transport were negligible. Today
          we
          > have waste in transportation, in destruction of both unused and used
          > goods, and production of enormous amounts of unnecessary products.
          > It's
          > really fantastic that it's possible to produce gods in China and send
          > it to USA and Europe, and that it's still cheaper than producing it
          > locally. No, it's not fantastic, it's because petrol is too cheap in
          > comparison to the amount back on Earth. Set CO2 tax on petrol, and the
          > local companies could compete.
          > Kim

          Yes, the industrial revolution provides a demarcation between what man,
          historically considered and now, considers fantastic.-Val