Re: SV: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Re: The Rainbow Christ

    Message 1 of 418 , May 1, 2010

      1827.*

      III.

      RAIN AND RAINBOW.

      DURING a heavy storm it chanced
      That from his room a cockney glanced
      At the fierce tempest as it broke,
      While to his neighbour thus he spoke:
      "The thunder has our awe inspired,
      Our barns by lightning have been fired,--
      Our sins to punish, I suppose;
      But in return, to soothe our woes,
      See how the rain in torrents fell,
      Making the harvest promise well!
      But is't a rainbow that I spy
      Extending o'er the dark-grey sky?
      With it I'm sure we may dispense,
      The colour'd cheat! The vain pretence!"
      Dame Iris straightway thus replied:
      "Dost dare my beauty to deride?
      In realms of space God station'd me
      A type of better worlds to be
      To eyes that from life's sorrows rove
      In cheerful hope to Heav'n above,
      And, through the mists that hover here
      God and his precepts blest revere.
      Do thou, then, grovel like the swine,
      And to the ground thy snout confine,
      But suffer the enlighten'd eye
      To feast upon my majesty."

      Message 418 of 418 , May 19, 2010

        Those who don't feel this Love

        By Rumi

        Those who don't feel this Love
        pulling them like a river,
        those who don't drink dawn
        like a cup of spring water
        or take in sunset like supper,
        those who don't want to change,

        let them sleep.

        This Love is beyond the study of theology,
        that old trickery and hypocrisy.
        If you want to improve your mind that way,

        sleep on.

        I've given up on my brain.
        I've torn the cloth to shreds
        and thrown it away.