General Principles

  • val2160
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 30, 2010
      Book
Cover Image

      Lecture VI:

      The Tasks of the Michael Age
      Writings in the Astral Light and Evolution-Memory — The Principle of the Rosicrucian Initiation — The Secret of Modern Initiation — The Principle of Initiation as a Principle of Civilisation.

      January 13, 1924

      http://wn.rsarchive.org/Lectures/RosiModInit/19240113p02.html

      I am reminded reading this summary that Kim asked what Steiner had to say about crusades as a spiritual principle or something along those lines.  Well, I don't know but what it reminds me of is that the basis/underlying requirement  for civilization, (physically speaking) as far as I know, is storage.-Val
    • Kim Graae Munch
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 30, 2010
        Yes, rather Ahrimanic;-)
        Kim

        Message 3 of 5 , May 1, 2010
          --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, Kim Graae Munch <kimgm@...> wrote:

          SV: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] General Principles

          Yes, rather Ahrimanic;-)

          Kim

          engrish
funny This Place Has Come in Really Handy

               Technology represents philosophy resolved to the most cogent argument . . . If man did this, such would result.  In technology, man is empowered to explore and develop his own "if" without reference to the limiting response of other preoccupied egos.  Through technology alone, the creative individual can of free will arrange for the continuing preservation of mankind despite individual man's self-frustrating propensities.  Mechanisms are the antithesis of the Frankenstein concept.  They represent the direct and only means of articulation of free will.  Mechanisms can only be operated by man. - R. Buckminster Fuller

          Message 4 of 5 , May 2, 2010
            Before and in the beginning of the industrial revolution, before the Consumer Society, things were manufactured in the near area, both food and non food, and there wasn't produced anything which weren't used, and therefore the need for storage and transport were negligible. Today we have waste in transportation, in destruction of both unused and used goods, and production of enormous amounts of unnecessary products.
            It's really fantastic that it's possible to produce gods in China and send it to USA and Europe, and that it's still cheaper than producing it locally. No, it's not fantastic, it's because petrol is too cheap in comparison to the amount back on Earth. Set CO2 tax on petrol, and the local companies could compete.
            Kim

            Message 5 of 5 , May 2, 2010
              <kimgm@...> wrote:

              > Before and in the beginning of the industrial revolution, before the
              > Consumer Society, things were manufactured in the near area, both food
              > and non food, and there wasn't produced anything which weren't used,
              and
              > therefore the need for storage and transport were negligible. Today
              we
              > have waste in transportation, in destruction of both unused and used
              > goods, and production of enormous amounts of unnecessary products.
              > It's
              > really fantastic that it's possible to produce gods in China and send
              > it to USA and Europe, and that it's still cheaper than producing it
              > locally. No, it's not fantastic, it's because petrol is too cheap in
              > comparison to the amount back on Earth. Set CO2 tax on petrol, and the
              > local companies could compete.
              > Kim

              Yes, the industrial revolution provides a demarcation between what man,
              historically considered and now, considers fantastic.-Val