RE: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] The Sheaths

  • Kim Graae Munch
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 29, 2010
      Message
      Your Etheric body is called a mantle or something like that in the bible. When you get a new mantle you get a new etheric body.
      Kim

      From: Kim Graae Munch <kimgm@yahoo. co.uk>
      To: anthroposophy_ tomorrow@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Thursday, April 29, 2010, 12:42 PM

      Everything is Living! It's not just a saying.

      When a being refine a sheath it seems that they can be copied to use by other beings or themselves. Daskalos has described how elementals could be created and who handled with the creators mind. The old egoes still existed as such elementals.

      Kim

      From: Kim <kimgm@yahoo. co.uk>
      Subject: [anthroposophy_ tomorrow] The Daimon
      To: anthroposophy_ tomorrow@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Thursday, April 29, 2010, 4:04 AM

      Dottie, In connection with the Lower and Higher Christ this text is interesting:
      THE UNIVERSAL DAÏMON

      'The quest for Self-knowledge leads the ancient or Gnostic initiate on a remarkable journey of discovery. At first initiates experience themselves as the eidolon, the embodied personality, and see the Daïmon as a Guardian Angel or Heavenly Twin. The more mature initiate, experiences the Daemon as a higher manifestation of their own Higher Self or Soul. To those blessed with the final vision of complete Self-knowledge or Gnosis, the Daïmon is found to be more awesome still. It truly is the "divine I," the Essence that has no appearance and yet takes all kinds of appearances in the world of creation. Valentinus puts it like this: "Although it appears as if each person has their own Daïmon or Higher Self, the enlightened initiate discovers that actually on the axial Pole of Being there is one Daïmon shared by all, a universal Self, which inhabits every being. Each Soul is a part of the one Soul of God. To know oneself therefore is to know God.

      These mystical teachings are found both in the ancient Mysteries of  Egypt, Greece and in the early Gnostic Christianity. In the ancient Mysteries the initiates used to say: "I am Thou, and Thou art I" and it can also be found in the Gnostic text of the Pistis Sophia and in the New Testament in Gospel of John, we read:  " I in Thou, and Thou in me." (I in you and you in me.)

       The Pagan sage Sextus writes: "If you would know Him by whom you were made, you would know yourself." Similarly, the Christian philosopher Clement writes: "It is the greatest of all disciplines to know oneself; for when a man knows himself, he knows God." Clement taught his Christian initiates to "practice being God" and that the true Gnostic had "already met God.

      Gnostic means "Knower," but it is not some piece of spiritual information that Gnostic initiates know. They "know" because it is their Higher Self that Knows… Hence they are conscious that they are not the ones who know, the ones who experience, it is the Soul, the Higher Self within, the divine "I," the Daemon who KNOWS! The Daïmon communes on the Axial Pole of Being – the Pole of pure Consciousness. The true Gnostic, like the enlightened initiate of the ancient Mysteries, discovers that the Daemon is actually the one Soul of the Universe the pure level of Consciousness that inhabits each one of us. According to the ancient Gnostic sages who have traversed the path of Self-knowledge and reached enlightenment, when, we finally discover who we are, we discover that there is only one Perfect Being, one God.

      Kim