Prayer and Anthroposophy

  • fs13997
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 26, 2010
      Scaligero gave indications about prayer. Schematically:
      Meditation = elevation of the soul to the Divine (the end is the Divine itself)
      Prayer = elevation of the soul according to a human request.

      Such request is a "pure ideal determination," or it has no sense (request of our psyche/self oriented)

      Prayer is an act of a magical order: the least we ask for ourselves the more it works.

      The ideal determination is oriented toward the Divine and its force is the degree to which we can overcome our subjective limit in order to give to the prayer an objective power.

      Traditional prayer is possible, or more efficient, praying with "deep intent," i.e. wordless praying - not a mixture of thoughts and feelings that are unable to overcome the subjective limit - that aims at realizing the communion that is inseparable from a reply from the Divine.

      Thinking Feeling Willing are elevated in deep intent - wordless praying - according to a single idea in order for these three forces to achieve the intensity of the [exercise of the] Concentration.

      It is important not to ask anything for ourselves that is not suggested by the Forces themselves. However, the most efficient prayer has no object.

      Prayer is the human mediation for the variations of the collective karma, and therefore, its ultimate content is related with the radical forces of the will, through which the individual karma explicates itself.

      As a form of the Solar Magic, able to stimulate the variations of karma, prayer implicates the connection with the Solar Principle, or the Christ, called the "Lord of karma."

      Our hands open and close a circuit of force in which the infinite Power of the cosmos is present.

      The task of prayer is to raise the human from the state of deafness, banality, and animality, so that the soul could learn about the part of itself buried within the physical body, and therefore ignored, the divine soul, the sophia of love, or Virgin Sophia. The image of the Virgin is the symbol of the deep intent of prayer, i.e. the donation of the whole life to the Force that lightens the human fraternity from univocal essence of the souls.