Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Re: Body of Christ

  • Richard Distasi
    Message 1 of 85 , Dec 1, 2003
      Tarjei wrote:

      "Are you saying that a shorter time than 'centuries' - i.e. the equivalent
      of time elapsed between birth and death - is the time now spent in the
      spiritual world by normal people like you and me?"

      Yes, that's what I am trying to say. Didn't Steiner mention that the souls that were first involved in the early years of the Anthroposophical Movement would be reincarnating again in the second half of the 20th. century.? I thought that I had read that somewhere.

      Also. you are right about the souls who rush back to earth due to the heavy influence of Ahriman in their souls. As I recall Steiner warned that barbarism would be a problem in the close of the 20th. century due to souls who in the late 19th. century and early 20th. century did really nothing in the way of taking up any kind of spiritual life. As a consequence they could not find communion with higher Beings in their after life. Likewise, if one does not connect with progressive Beings one then attracts lower adversarial Beings.

      rick distasi
      Message 85 of 85 , Dec 16, 2003
        Tarjei,

        I wish I could locate the quote from Steiner in which he said that because of the ahrimanic impulses that weave through human souls today that the time spent between incarnations is much shorter now. It may be from, "The Ahrimanic Deception" lecture. Not only are initiates returning sooner and I believe that because of their advanced state they were always able to do so but also everyone has a stronger and more developed Ego than what was the case centuries and millennia ago. The need to spend centuries in the spiritual world in times past was necessary because the Ego was much weaker than it is now for most people. Also the time spent in the spiritual world was often in a condition in which it was asleep. The bible has several references to the dead in which it refers to the dead as those who are in sleep. And these books were written during their times which were two thousand years ago and more. The Ego would return to the earth when either physical conditions changed dramatically or in the post Atlantean Period when the cultural change would be a factor. The world is culturally changing more rapidly now than ever before. Look back to the early years of the 20th. century and now to the present. It is almost two different worlds. To be present at the beginning of the 20th. century and not reincarnate again until centuries into the future would be a great loss for the human soul/Ego. You can't gain in the spiritual world what can only be gained here on earth.

        I don't feel that the dynamics of reincarnation are stagnate but rather they are ever in flux and flow with the dynamics of human evolution. Spending centuries in the spiritual world between incarnations is a thing of the past. Steiner may point out that the human Ego follows generations of people here on earth before it reincarnates. But let's be realistic in what we see about us in the world today. Since W.W.II the world has experienced a tremendous population explosion and I simply cannot accept that we all now spend centuries following a bloodline in which we then incarnate. This may still hold true for those who have a very special role to play in human evolution and that they need to incarnate into very special conditions but for the most part I think we incarnate when we are ready and we take on an incarnation that is closest to what would fit our destiny. I don't think that it is as precise and exact as many occultists espouse though this would be the ideal rather than the actual reality anymore.

        rick distasi