Re: Soulmates (posted on Facebook by Amy Zerner)

  • write3chairs
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2010
      Well there is one thing missing from that description Jennnnnn, the fire that starts it all, like a good knockem down larger than life snowball fight....needs to be some upheaval first in the midst of this joy :))) so thinks me, thanks for that, d

      Good point, Dottie! I found the various descriptions quite interesting. It seems to me this perception of soulmates is so subjective and yet this couple who wrote a book about them is sponsoring a contest, presumably to choose a definition that matches closely with their own (subjective) perception. Who can really define a soulmate, though? I agree with you about the fireball, the sometimes explosive nature of intimate relationships. In my mind, the 8th description comes closest to my own experience of a soulmate. But even so, I don't know for sure if it is accurate. It only makes sense, based on what I have come to believe about the nature of life and lifetimes.

      Cheers,
      Jenny
    • Kim Graae Munch
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 1, 2010
        Few know much about it. Don't Federico know something?
        Kim

        ____________ _________ _________ _________ _____

        Good point, Dottie! I found the various descriptions quite interesting. It seems to me this perception of soulmates is so subjective and yet this couple who wrote a book about them is sponsoring a contest, presumably to choose a definition that matches closely with their own (subjective) perception. Who can really define a soulmate, though? I agree with you about the fireball, the sometimes explosive nature of intimate relationships. In my mind, the 8th description comes closest to my own experience of a soulmate. But even so, I don't know for sure if it is accurate. It only makes sense, based on what I have come to believe about the nature of life and lifetimes.

        Cheers,
        Jenny

        Bruger du Yahoo!?
        Er du træt af spam? Yahoo!Mail har den bedste spambeskyttelse, der findes
        http://dk.mail.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 1, 2010
          I love especially what Rilke said regarding love in the book Letteres to a Young Poet...he said 'love is waisted on the young, one has to realize that each person is going through a set of life experiences, perfecting themselves to meet the other that is perfecting themselves for the other, and in this they have prepared themselves on a most intimate level'....well not exactly those words but you get the gist" :)

          Love love love, d

[...]

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to: