Soulmates (posted on Facebook by Amy Zerner)

  • write3chairs
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 28, 2010
      I just now saw this and thought it would be of interest to students of anthroposophy.

      Cheers,
      Jenny

      We received over 60 entries to our contest. First prize is a $500 psychic reading over the phone with Monte. 2nd & 3rd prizes are signed copies of The Soulmate Path. We have narrowed down our favorites to these 8, below. Please vote by giving the number 1 through 8 so you can help us can pick the winners! We enjoyed reading all of the beautiful entries.

      1) Soulmates are two people who are drawn together by a tender, compelling, exciting, all-encompassing affinity for each other. They share a deep sense of trust from their first acquaintance, a feeling of having `come home' with their first embrace, and a sense of timelessness whenever they are in each other's company. When they look into each other's eyes, each sees not only the divinity within the other's soul, but a reflection of the divinity within their own soul. Upon discovering and living their unique soul connection, soulmates experience an expanded sense of joy, peace, passion and purpose in life. Soulmates vibrate together at the same frequency, harmonize in their approach to life, honor each other's individuality, encourage each other's growth, and respect each other's freedom. Each soulmate finds in the other a lover, friend, playmate, confidante, nurturer, teacher, student, champion and spiritual equal. Soulmates are deeply and eternally bonded, and are fully receptive and responsive to each other—physically, emotionally, intellectually and spiritually. Soulmates are generous and devoted life partners; each one freely, comfortably, safely, and happily sharing the full spectrum of their being with the other, and, together, sharing the gift of their love with all those around them.

      Melanie Morgan

      2) Soulmates are soul beings who choose to incarnate and conjoin together in a particular lifetime, in order to achieve a sense of Oneness, healing, or fulfill a major life purpose together. I believe that Soulmates can be those with whom we have lived previous and parallel lives with...and who are in similar light or vibration on the spirit or soul level. I think they have similar soul lessons to learn and can help each other facilitate that process. I think this tends to be on a romantic/life-partner level...yet can also be someone important in one's life such as a grandparent, best friend, or a romantic partner that is not to be married to us forever. I believe the soul manifests infinite possibilities with regards to soulmates, and we can manifest the being who is here to do explore great, connected, spiritual love with us on this planet if we choose to open to that relationship and let the love in!

      Danielle

      3) Soulmates are first and foremost best friends. While most people have many friendships this relationship is characterized by an immediate sense of comfort and intense rapport. Somehow conversations between Soulmates have more feeling, more depth. Soulmates also have a tacit understanding of each other and in many ways being around a Soulmate is similar to travelling home from a distant land. Like the sunlight warms a flower and gives it the strength to open, they warm and nourish each other's hearts. Loving each other feels natural and right just as it feels right to breathe, and without even trying Soulmates motivate each other to be the best person he/she can be. More than anything, being around a Soulmate makes life seem more vibrant, warmer, filled with beautiful music….

      Angela Kennedy

      4) There is a Divine plan for everyone, and it includes a Divine complement for each of us – that person created just for us, to laugh with, face life, live our days and share our experiences. Our Creator instilled in us this driving need to connect with each other. In seeking our soulmate, we are fulfilling nature's highest intention for us.

      Our soulmate is the one who can see most clearly all that is good and right and true about us. Those things we feared made us unlovable -- excess weight, receding hairline, past mistakes – our soulmate finds them either endearing or scarcely an issue. This is because our soulmate is the one person who most clearly sees us as God does. This is the soulmate's purpose – to reflect back to us how God sees us.

      Soulmates understand where we're coming from -- even when we don't. They cry for our pain when we can't. They often read our minds. Soulmates can see just by our posture – from a block away! -- that we're excited or upset. Our soulmate's heart is where we make our home. These connective bonds of love survive death and even lifetimes.

      Tanna Boran

      5)I once read something about something that occurs between cells and receptors when they meet. If the vibration they carry isn't the same, they have to change shape to allow the connection to occur. So they dance- both the cell and receptor dance together, changing forms until a match occurs and the cell can slip through. Some don't need to dance. The cells arrive, ready for the confrontation, but realise the dance isn't needed. They're looking at a mirror image of their own shape. Instead of dancing the cell just enters, no troubles, no incompatibilities, the cell and the receptor site are so similar that the struggle doesn't exist.
      This is how I see the world of relationships. We dance with people, trying to find a matching configuration that will let us become one. Every new person is dancing with you, trying to get in your flow.
      Soul mates are the ones that match. The ones that don't have to wait for the dance to conclude. They don't dance, they glide. They've been waiting for each other. It doesn't matter what happens afterwards, as long as they connect without the usual parallel sychronised randomness. They find each other blindly in a world without maps and guides. They know without thinking that there is nothing else that can happen- They Must Meld. Identical snowflakes. Round pegs and round holes.
      Harmonies.

      From Amy Zander

      6)
      The Heart opens naturally when you are together. You both are elevated to a higher expession of your soul. You have come home with your beloved, and finally you can relax and fully be yourself. You hold a space for each other out of compassion that allows those things inside you that need healing but could not be resolve alone, to finally be resolved with the loving support of your mate. You are a team, and the energy that you generate together radiates powerfully, bringing goodness, love and joy to the family, community and world. In many relationships, once the romance wears off, the honey moon phase ends and there is a feeling of let down and separation. With your soul mate, a new level of love, respect and appreciation is revealed. You not only love this person, you like them, you have found your best friend. With your soul mate, you feel free. You feel free to follow your own spiritual path and create what will allow you to grow and fulfill your destiny without loosing your lover. You feel fearless. Together you have more courage to pioneer and take roads that you might have avoided before. Gratitude takes on a deeper meaning when you find your Soul Mate. There is a sweetness that you could not find before. Everything is brighter, because the electricity that you make together, Lights up the world!

      Rhianne Lhesli

      7) A true soul mate relationship allows each individual to reveal their deepest selves to each other due to the trust built between them through lifetimes of experience and knowing each other. Each partner discovers more of themselves in the love of the other and each partner builds their own capacity to love by their love for the other. There have been many lifetimes of journeys together to help each soul grow. Many of these relationship may have been challenging but the bond of the soul's love for the other brings them back together time after time to help them grow. Finally they reach a point of spiritual evolution where the delight of their soul in each other is evident in every breath and the happiness of the other is one's greatest joy. This shared love is a blessing to everyone in the community.

      Margaret Motheral

      8)
      Soul mates are our favorite partners in our dance of life. They are souls with whom we are vibrationally compatible and with whom we meet up in lifetime after lifetime to experience the adventures of life.

      Sometimes they play the role of a marriage partner, sometimes a brief encounter, sometimes a child or parent or sibling. These variations in the relationship are a gift soul mates give each other along the path of each souls individual journey. Somehow we have separated from oneness enough to allow the discovery of others. Somehow we have forgotten enough so that this re-awakening can be experienced in a new way.

      With our soulmates, the joy and the pain, the success and the failure, the love and the fear, all allow us to deeply experience the wonder of it all... of all we have created. Out of the void, out of cosmic dust, the one consciousness we are has created this wonderful stage of light and dark and lifeforms and emotions and dreams, and our soulmates are the dear ones closest to us while we are on this amazing stage of life.
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 28, 2010
        Well there is one thing missing from that description Jennnnnn, the fire that starts it all, like a good knockem down larger than life snowball fight....needs to be some upheaval first in the midst of this joy :))) so thinks me, thanks for that, d

[...]

        From Amy Zander

[...]

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • write3chairs
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 1, 2010
          Well there is one thing missing from that description Jennnnnn, the fire that starts it all, like a good knockem down larger than life snowball fight....needs to be some upheaval first in the midst of this joy :))) so thinks me, thanks for that, d

          Good point, Dottie! I found the various descriptions quite interesting. It seems to me this perception of soulmates is so subjective and yet this couple who wrote a book about them is sponsoring a contest, presumably to choose a definition that matches closely with their own (subjective) perception. Who can really define a soulmate, though? I agree with you about the fireball, the sometimes explosive nature of intimate relationships. In my mind, the 8th description comes closest to my own experience of a soulmate. But even so, I don't know for sure if it is accurate. It only makes sense, based on what I have come to believe about the nature of life and lifetimes.

          Cheers,
          Jenny
        • Kim Graae Munch
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 1, 2010
            Few know much about it. Don't Federico know something?
            Kim

            Good point, Dottie! I found the various descriptions quite interesting. It seems to me this perception of soulmates is so subjective and yet this couple who wrote a book about them is sponsoring a contest, presumably to choose a definition that matches closely with their own (subjective) perception. Who can really define a soulmate, though? I agree with you about the fireball, the sometimes explosive nature of intimate relationships. In my mind, the 8th description comes closest to my own experience of a soulmate. But even so, I don't know for sure if it is accurate. It only makes sense, based on what I have come to believe about the nature of life and lifetimes.

            Cheers,
            Jenny

            Bruger du Yahoo!?
            Er du træt af spam? Yahoo!Mail har den bedste spambeskyttelse, der findes
            http://dk.mail.yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 1, 2010
              I love especially what Rilke said regarding love in the book Letteres to a Young Poet...he said 'love is waisted on the young, one has to realize that each person is going through a set of life experiences, perfecting themselves to meet the other that is perfecting themselves for the other, and in this they have prepared themselves on a most intimate level'....well not exactly those words but you get the gist" :)

              Love love love, d