Re: the other side of the coin

  • DB
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 25, 2010
      from WW's poetry:
      ...I celebrate myself, and sing myself...
      The scent of these arm-pits aroma finer than prayer...
      I dote on myself, there is that lot of me and all so luscious...
      Something I cannot see puts upward libidinous prongs,
      Seas of bright juice suffuse heaven....

      Makes me hope Whitman found himself a nice lithium spring somewhere...

      Interesting factoid from Wikipedia...
      "Whitman also influenced Bram Stoker
      <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bram_Stoker>, author of /Dracula
      <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dracula>/, and was the model for the
      character of Dracula <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Count_Dracula>.
      Stoker said in his notes that Dracula represented the quintessential
      male which, to Stoker, was Whitman, with whom he corresponded until
      Whitman's death.[" <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walt_whitman#cite_note-146>

      Deborah
    • val2160
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 25, 2010
        --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, DB <laquerencia33@...> wrote:

        > from WW's poetry:
        > ...I celebrate myself, and sing myself...
        > The scent of these arm-pits aroma finer than prayer...
        > I dote on myself, there is that lot of me and all so luscious...
        > Something I cannot see puts upward libidinous prongs,
        > Seas of bright juice suffuse heaven....
        >
        > Makes me hope Whitman found himself a nice lithium spring somewhere...
        >
        > Interesting factoid from Wikipedia...
        > "Whitman also influenced Bram Stoker
        > <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bram_Stoker>, author of /Dracula
        > <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dracula>/, and was the model for the
        > character of Dracula <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Count_Dracula>.
        > Stoker said in his notes that Dracula represented the quintessential
        > male which, to Stoker, was Whitman, with whom he corresponded until
        > Whitman's death.[" <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walt_whitman#cite_note-146>

        File:Walt Whitman, steel engraving, July 1854.jpg

        "(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 25, 2010
          that is a nice looking man... yes.

          > ...I celebrate myself, and sing myself...
          > The scent of these arm-pits aroma finer than prayer...
          > I dote on myself, there is that lot of me and all so luscious...
          > Something I cannot see puts upward libidinous prongs,
          > Seas of bright juice suffuse heaven....
          >
          > Makes me hope Whitman found himself a nice lithium spring somewhere...
          >
          > Interesting factoid from Wikipedia...
          > "Whitman also influenced Bram Stoker
          > <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bram_Stoker>, author of /Dracula
          > <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dracula>/, and was the model for the
          > character of Dracula <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Count_Dracula>.
          > Stoker said in his notes that Dracula represented the quintessential
          > male which, to Stoker, was Whitman, with whom he corresponded until
          > Whitman's death.[" <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walt_whitman#cite_note-146>

          Walt Whitman, age 37, frontispiece to Leaves of Grass, Fulton St., Brooklyn, N.Y., steel engraving by Samuel Hollyer from a lost daguerreotype by Gabriel Harrison.

        • val2160
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 27, 2010
            that is a nice looking man... yes.

            Yes,  even dead he still speaks well for Levi's.-Val

            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 27, 2010
              Ya know Val, you are too funny and I love you so much for it, I do. I thought I could get away with just saying that was a nice looking man and then I realized 'well, Val, I think has another reason for showing that picture but ima reply anyway because he is a beautiful man:)

              whew, d

              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 27, 2010
                I wish to notify you that late Engr. Jürge Krügger made you a beneficiary to his WILL. He left the sum of Thirty Million, One Hundred Thousand Dollars. According to him this money is to support your humanitarian activities and to help the poor and the needy in our society. Please if I reach youas I am hopeful,endeavour to get back to me as soon as possible to enable me conclude my job.Note: You are advise to contact me with my personal email address: dan.amenchamber2009@...<mailto:dan.amenchamber2009@...> Yours in Service, Barrister Daniel Amen.

              • val2160
                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 28, 2010
                  Walt Whitman was 37 when he wrote about his armpit's aroma being finer
                  than prayer and 37 in the picture. That's all I had in mind at the
                  time. -Val

                  <dottie_z@...> wrote:

                  > Ya know Val, you are too funny and I love you so much for it, I do. I
                  thought I could get away with just saying that was a nice looking man
                  and then I realized 'well, Val, I think has another reason for showing
                  that picture but ima reply anyway because he is a beautiful man:)

                  > whew, d
                  >

                  > "Hence only by means of love can we give real help for karma to work
                  out in the right way." Rudolf Steiner

                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 28, 2010
                    and that's why i am never surprised by anything you write or say because i can see where it leads next, for good or stab :) d

                    <dottie_z@...> wrote:

                    > Ya know Val, you are too funny and I love you so much for it, I do. I
                    thought I could get away with just saying that was a nice looking man
                    and then I realized 'well, Val, I think has another reason for showing
                    that picture but ima reply anyway because he is a beautiful man:)

                    > whew, d
                    >

                    > "Hence only by means of love can we give real help for karma to work
                    out in the right way." Rudolf Steiner

                    <*> Your email settings:
                        Individual Email | Traditional

                    <*> To change settings online go to: