Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Re: The Nature of Animals

  • Richard Distasi
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 1, 2003
      Christine, Kim and Daniel:

      Christine, you wrote:

      "When we see a tree, we can "release" the nature spirit within it to
      go on in the spiritual world through our being concious of its existence, for
      example."

      And:

      "She told me that by the very fact of their loving contact with us, they do not go back to the group soul as such (or at least not all parts of them do) but that they become "salamanders" ie, spirits of fire that stay around our auras and work to create further bonds of love between us and other animals."

      This has been the point that I had tried to make earlier in another posts. It is not the animal soul, the plant and mineral essence that becomes Ego-endowed in the future (at least I should say as I understand this) but rather it is the nature spirits in these realms that are eventually freed from these realms of which they are dependent upon us to free them from the realms. They are the next wave of Beings to become Ego-endowed. That part of the animal that does not go back to the group soul is the salamander; not the astral body of the animal. By contact with humans it does grow closer to becoming and Ego-endowed Being. Does the family dog have a personality. Anyone who has ever lived with a dog would certainly agree to this. Is this the dog or is it the salamander that grows in soul forces due to its contact with humans; that is, humans act as a conduit for the salamanders growth.

      rick distasi
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 2, 2003
        Hi Paulina,

        You have my total sympathy. I'm not mature at all about the idea of any of my
        little ones crossing over. I don't have human children and I think I just
        couldn't bear it if I did and something happened to one of them! No maturity at
        all - just a big blubbering mess!

        BUT - despite all that, I really do know that they go on. And I don't think
        of these kinds of "salamanders" - let's call them Fire Spirits - are like the
        elemental spirits commonly found in nature. I think they are akin to them, they
        live in the sphere of warmth, but it is a special kind of warmth - a warmth
        engendered only where love exists between animals and humans. I believe that
        they are not amorphous, but retain their "personalities" and are recognizable to
        the ones they love and who have loved them.

        Oh, I wish you could watch "The Pet Psychic". She used to be on Animal Planet
        on Monday nights, but then they said they were moving her to a daytime slot.
        I don't have any cable right now, so I can't find out what is happening. I
        taped a couple of her programs, but I wish I had them all. She is absolutely
        emphatic about both animals and people crossing over exactly when they are meant
        to. Even if the human companion has to put the animal companion "to sleep" this
        is usually the right thing and meant to be and the animals she has spoken
        with thank their humans for releasing them. Other pets come to them just as
        people we love who have gone before come to us. Several times she spoke of other
        people who the humans knew being there with the pet on the other side.
        Absolutely remarkable, the way she speaks. Nothing fuzzy, remote or generalized about
        it. Totally specific references and impossible for even a production company
        with a huge budget to have researched so extensively. She is totally down to
        earth and direct. In one part of her show, she interacts with the animals in an
        audience setting; another part, she works with grieving humans there in the
        studio (usually three per show); and the third part is where she goes to many
        different places (pet sanctuaries, homes, etc.) and works with particular
        questions, usually behavior problems that the humans haven't been able to figure out.

        Like I said before, there is nothing atavistic or medium-like about her -
        just a total gift. Really one from the future, I think. One of the faculties in
        fairy tales which come from the atavistic past but have to be renewed through
        concious love is the ability to speak with animals. I think flying (levitating)
        is another such faculty.

        Yes, these little ones are our "children" in a sense. We take them on freely,
        at least where there is love. And we give them our hearts and they give us
        theirs. And love, in all its many forms and expression, is Eternal.

        As Sonya says "Animals are Forever." : )

        Peace to your heart now and at the crossing,

        Christine
      • golden3000997@cs.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 2, 2003
          PS

          about a little dog I came to love way,way too much. :-(

          NEVER TOO MUCH!!!! : )
        • golden3000997@cs.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 2, 2003
            Very cool Paulina!! : )

            I think it's important that we check things out before making assumptions.
            Everything is very complex, the material and the spiritual world, and not
            everything fits neatly into slots. We need to understand the construct, but use it
            as a springboard to be able to see outside the box. There are literally
            millions of things in the world that did not exist in 1925 when RS died. He couldn't
            simply see them all and say AB and C are going to happen. He said himself that
            Waldorf Education is the perfect system for the 5th Post Atlantean epoch, but
            it wouldn't do at all for the 6th. The directive I value most from him as an
            educator and indeed, as a person simply trying to live in these times is to
            OBSERVE and take it from that as a starting point. We can't observe if we
            pre-judge and refuse to look.

            Not trying to be "preachy" - I've just watched "The Matrix" - thanks to
            Michael H's mention of it in one of his posts and my infinite suseptibility to the
            power of suggestion!

            I really want to analyse it and analyse it! Part of me says, I want to get to
            reality, SEE REALITY, but my real self, the woosie says "Let me out of here!
            I don't want to see anything!" I'm going to find a nice quiet cave somewhere
            and wait until it all blows over. Unfortunately for Tarjei, who said that he
            wanted to wait for a nice long time between incarnations and come back when
            Ahriman had come and gone, he is already here and it's too late to turn back now.
            I think it's definitely the time to "head for the hills" as the Bible says!

            By the way, I watched "The Education of Little Tree" last night. Wonderful
            film. All about the same thing, really, but from a 1930s point of view. The
            battle for Truth is still there. But MUCH nicer scenery!!!

            : ) Christine
          • golden3000997@cs.com
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 2, 2003
              OH, PS - but wasn't Whoopi Goldberg wonderful as a medium in "Ghost"?!

              LOL Christine