Judas

  • Kim
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 30, 2010
      Daskalos have told about Judas in connection with Christ:
      'So we are facing such conditions that must be dissolved, and obliterated because there are personalities that are sensitive and receptive to such conditions. Judas the Iscariot was such a person. We must not call him a traitor. When one of Jesus' disciples sighed once and said harsh words about the Iscariot, Jesus said, "Be aware, because every time you say the word traitor for some Judas, at that moment you are crucifying me." '
      'Judas has incarnated many times since then, as a rich man, as a poor man, as a troubled man, as a common man, just like every other human being. Today he is incarnated within a Jewish body and he is a great mystic.'

      There followed a few moments of silence. Then someone asked whether it could be argued that for Judas the betrayal of Christ was an experience that he had to go through.
      'It was a bitter experience,' Daskalos replied, 'and a tragic role he played, for which, nevertheless, he was responsible since he vibrated on that level. The role of Judas is something within the Divine Plan because it facilitates its unfolding.' 'Was it necessary,' someone else asked, 'for Jesus to be betrayed or was it possible for Him to be arrested in some other way?' 'Perhaps,' Daskalos replied, 'it was necessary in order to attract the attention of mankind, to stimulate involvement, to create the rifts and conflicts between the two sides, those who called Him Holy and those who denied His Divinity. Perhaps things had to be that way, to create the controversies in order for the appropriate conditions to mature.'
      Kim:
      The name Judas is interesting and following Steiner he was incarnated 200 BC also under the name Judas as one of the sons of Mattathias, and Steiner wrote about Judas Maccabeus that "He was the one who at that time fought more bravely than all the others for his own people. In his whole soul he was dedicated to his people, and it was he who was successful in forming an alliance with the Romans against King Antiochus of Syria (I Macc:8).".
      It sounds like Jacobs son Judah, about which Jacob says:
      "Judah, thou art he whom thy brethren shall praise: thy hand shall be in the neck of thine enemies; thy father's children shall bow down before thee. … Judah is a lion's whelp … The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be."
      The Sons of Jacob and the Zodiac
      So he loses his scepter at Golgotha.
      Kim

      Ref:
      "Among the five sons of Mattathias is one who is already called
      Judas in the Old Testament. He was the one who at that time fought
      more bravely than all the others for his own people. In his whole
      soul he was dedicated to his people, and it was he who was
      successful in forming an alliance with the Romans against King
      Antiochus of Syria (I Macc:8). This Judas is the same who later had
      to undergo the test of the betrayal, because he who was most
      intimately bound up with the old specifically Hebrew element, could
      not at once find the transition into the Christian element, needing
      the severe testing of the betrayal. Again, if we look at the purely
      artistic aspect, how wonderfully do the two figures stand out; the
      grand figure of the Judas in the last chapters of the Old Testament
      and the Judas of the New Testament. It is remarkable that in this
      symptomatic process, the Judas of the Old Testament concluded an
      alliance with the Romans, prefiguring all that happened later,
      namely the path that Christianity took through the Roman Empire, so
      that it could enter into the world. If I could add to this
      something that can also be known but that cannot be given in a
      lecture to an audience as large as this, you would see that it was
      precisely through a later incarnation of Judas that the fusion of
      the Roman with the Christian element occurred. The reincarnated
      Judas was the first who, as we might say, had the great success of
      spreading Romanized Christianity in the world. The treaty concluded
      by the Judas of the Old Testament with the Romans was the prophetic
      foreshadowing of what was later accomplished by another man, who is
      recognized by occultists as the reincarnation of that Judas who had
      to go through the severe soul-testing of the betrayal. What through
      his later influence appears as Christianity within Romanism and
      Romanism within Christianity is like a renewal of the alliance
      concluded between the Old Testament Judas and the Romans, but
      transferred inot the spiritual."

      Rudolf Steiner, Lecture 2, Pgs. 35-36 (paperback) of The Gospel of
      St. Mark, September 16, 1912.

      Zodiac with Old RulersZodiac with the tribes of Israel.