Re: Ahriman and Yetzer ha Ra

  • Kim
    Message 1 of 18 , Jan 17, 2010
      It could mean wisdom, but Kadmon means primordial, and he is said to have his feet on the Earth and his head in the heaven, he is the Kabbalah tree of life, so he contains of course also wisdom. I am not sure I fully understand the split between the sistersouls Adam and Nathan Jesus, but the three sons Cain and Seth who incarnates on Earth and Abel, who God loved, stayed back in heaven, represents Ahriman, Lucifer, and Christ, respectively. kim

      I have appended some definitions of Adam Kadmon:

      From Chaos and the Primordial

      The highest, or most exalted, of the five worlds is called Adam Kadmon. Adam means "in the likeness of" or "in the image of," from the Hebrew word domeh. Kadmon means "primordial", or "primary", from the Hebrew root kadam. So, Adam Kadmon is the primordial world which is "in the likeness of" the Infinite Light which preceded it and which was concealed in the process of creation. This means that even though Adam Kadmon is a world, meaning that it comes into being through the concealment of the Infinite Light, it is such an elevated plane of reality that it is "in the likeness of" the Infinite Light (which, by nature, "precedes" the world of Adam Kadmon).

      Adam Kadmon ... mirrors the original Infinite Light

      Thus, although the world of Adam Kadmon is a world, it is a level so sublime, pure and transcendent that that it is almost imperceptible. It cleaves to and mirrors the original Infinite Light.

      In Kabbala, the world of Adam Kadmon represents the transcendent will of G-d. G-d's desire for the Creation and how it is manifest are planned out in one broad, all-encompassing overview, without separation into specific details. This is called the machshava kedumah, or "primordial thought" of Adam Kadmon. The primordial thought functions as the blueprint for all of Creation.

      In the world of Adam Kadmon everything is seen in one broad overview, but the exact details are not yet separated and ordered into the categories of reality. All the details of Creation, from the beginning of space to the end of space and from the beginning of time to the end of time, are all superimposed in this one thought, for, in Adam Kadmon, there is no concept of space and time whatsoever. There is as yet no inside and no outside, no up and no down, no before and no after. There is only a potential for these limitations. Everything is undefined, unified, and simultaneous. Here lies the root and source of all the other planes of reality, which descend from Adam Kadmon.

      As the light descends from Adam Kadmon, it breaks up into ten individual qualities

      It is clear that the succeeding levels of Creation, i.e. the series of worlds which descend from Adam Kadmon, particularly the lowest world, cannot possibly exist within the parameters of the existence of Adam Kadmon. Everything in Adam Kadmon is undefined, unified, and simultaneous, superimposed in a single primordial thought, which contradicts the very idea of worlds in the sense that we understand them, as limited being which presupposes separation and division. Subjectively, in terms of our awareness of G-d, the world of Adam Kadmon parallels the highest source of consciousness in man. It is the awareness of total unity with the Infinite Light.

      The first step in bringing about the separation and division necessary for creating the lower worlds, is by "breaking" the unity of the light as it is in Adam Kadmon. As the light descends from Adam Kadmon, it breaks up into ten individual qualities or attributes (sefirot, sefira in the singular), which act as separate independent points of light. Each of these points is an extremely powerful concentration of light as it descends from Adam Kadmon. These are called the sefirot of Tohu, which means "chaos" or "disorder". The world of Tohu is not included in the scheme of the five worlds mentioned previously, by virtue of the fact that it shattered and does not exist as a stable plane of reality.

      Fra MiMi.hu:

      Adam Kadmon - The Divine Names
      Adam Kadmon
      As well as the Tzimtzum, Luria introduced into the Kabbalistic cosmology an extra world, ...

      Adam Kadmon
      In Judaism, Adam Kadmon means "first man," or archetypal man, who became in the ancient mystical writings of the Israelites the paradigm of the divine power emanating from God, that is, the En Sof, which made unformed substance into man.

      Adam Kadmon (Heb.)
      Archetypal man, Humanity. The "Heavenly man" not fallen into sin. Cabalists refer it to the Ten Sephiroth on the plane of human perception.

      ADAM KADMON is HUMANITY, or humankind--Homo Sapiens--the SPHYNX, i.e., "the being with the body of an animal and the face of a superman." ...

      Adam Kadmon: Secret Fire and YHVH
      "For our God is a consuming fire." Hebrews 12:29 ...

      END QUOTE Pico appears to be referring to the Adam Kadmon, dividing the parts of the body into three, that is, the upper three sefirot, the middle three, and the lower three, with the bottom, Malkhut, comprising all of the above.

      Because we now know that Etteilla was a Mason and studied the Hebrew and Greek creation myths, I am inclined to rename his Emperor "Adam Kadmon" (see "Gnostic Tarot").

      The Sephirothic Tree is sometimes depicted as a human body, thus more definitely establishing the true identity of the first, or Heavenly, Man--Adam Kadmon--the Idea of the Universe.

      The macrocosm is often represented as the Adam Kadmon, through which the limitless light manifests. This Adam Kadmon is the image of a man which contains the ten spheres of the Hebrew tree of life.

      The Hebrews in their philosophic books assert that God made the universe of Ideas before the universe of forms; the celestial man, Adam Kadmon, is the original, whereof the terrestrial man is the copy, and Philo says that God, ...

      mentors how to merge his intense visualization of the genital organs (based on precisely detailed anatomical engravings) with his visualization of the sexual dynamics within the androgynous, microcosmic "Divine Human" (the Kabbalists' Adam Kadmon).

      " Another aspect of the "Adam Kadmon," the "Perfect Man," "The divine androgyne." Love as the efforts of "Adam Eadmon" to find himself. The equilibrium of contraries. The unification of the duad, as the means of attaining the Light.

      The Kabbalists say that the Supreme, after he had established the ten Sephiroth -- which, in their totality, are Adam Kadmon, the Archetypal Man, used them as a chariot or throne of glory in which to descend upon the souls of men." ...

      Much of this focus will relate to the qabalistic "universes" (tarot users will recognize these as the sources for the suits under the Golden Dawn system), the most sacred of God's names (YHVH), Adam Kadmon (the archetypal human), ...

      Message 2 of 18 , Jan 18, 2010
        See, Sophia is the Tree of Life, and if Kadmon means primordial the Ka is wisdom so it has to mean Primordial Wisdom, which we know as Sophia or Christ Sophia. I imagine it can be also seen as the Nathan Jesus who received Christ and the Mary who recieved the Sophia, if we look at the feet in the earth and the head in the heavens.

        All good things,

        It could mean wisdom, but Kadmon means primordial, and he is said to have his feet on the Earth and his head in the heaven, he is the Kabbalah tree of life, so he contains of course also wisdom. I am not sure I fully understand the split between the sistersouls Adam and Nathan Jesus, but the three sons Cain and Seth who incarnates on Earth and Abel, who God loved, stayed back in heaven, represents Ahriman, Lucifer, and Christ, respectively. kim

        I have appended some definitions of Adam Kadmon:

        From Chaos and the Primordial

        Message 3 of 18 , Jan 18, 2010
          Sophia is the feminine deity relating to the left pillar of the Tree of
          Life, so she could not be the Androgyne Adam Kadmon. Adam Kadmon is the
          full tree as it comes out of Pralaya. Through the start of Manvatara the
          Sephirots (planets and the zodiac) detaches themselves from Adam Kadmon
          and before the new Pralaya the new Adam Kadmon (Adam 2) unifies the
          Sephira again.
          Kim

          Message 4 of 18 , Jan 18, 2010
            Kim, I think, I am not sure that's the whole picture....Sophia was there at the beginninng...okay maybe we have to again look at the three spheres of the Tree....

            This morning I considered that Sophia was fallen from on high, I am not talking about the pillar, I am talking about the descent that then formed mankind as he is now. And so from her Fall, she is the tree as I am considering it.

            When I first began this work I had the Tree of Life appear in my room, and that was my beginning introduction to Sophia and also Christ in the form of the Tree....so I was considering this morning how it was that Sophia fell and split, split was was formed as whole, which is how we have something on the left and on the right, versus a whole....and the purity is in the center, impurity as they stand alone on the left and the right...Sophia falling was the original logos which was understood as feminine, when she fell she had to then become male....that's what I think that mystery is about when Christ Jesus says about the Magdalene 'I will make her male' He is relating to what now has to come about for the reversal of the Fall....She then again retains her status rightfully...well, you know this is not in Anthro speak obviously, and Sergei speaks to it and so does Adri in another way that uses the terminology of Rudolf Steiner, so I get what I am saying has much more depth to it when understood in all the finer components of Rudolf Steiner's work....

            I am not so sure you are right, but isn't that always so with us, you stating something as fact and me saying 'uhmmmm I'm not so sure about that:))

            All good things,
            Dottie

            p.s. and i am grateful for the conversation as its helping me to better understand the form that represents Paracelsus...i wonder almost if that a part of becoming a true healer, one also understands the fall and the resurection from a thinking heart, the consciousness soul...their's purpose in that huh?...d

            <dottie_z@...> wrote:

            > See, Sophia is the Tree of Life, and if Kadmon means primordial the Ka
            is wisdom so it has to mean Primordial Wisdom, which we know as Sophia
            or Christ Sophia. I imagine it can be also seen as the Nathan Jesus who
            received Christ and the Mary who recieved the Sophia, if we look at the
            feet in the earth and the head in the heavens.

            > All good things,
            > Dottie
            >

            > "Hence only by means of love can we give real help for karma to work
            out in the right way." Rudolf Steiner

            <*> Your email settings:
                Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
                http://groups..yahoo.com/group/anthroposophy_tomorrow/join
                (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • Kim
            Message 5 of 18 , Jan 18, 2010
              OK, now i know what you mean. Sophia was the god nearest by man in
              creation, we were the leaves on her branches. Things changed with
              Christ, we became leaves on him, and he a branch on her.
              I think she is an emanation of a higher mother god, Elohim, rather than
              a fallen deity, in the same way that Christ isn't a fallen deity.
              I have heard about the making of a man of Magdalene, but I can't
              remember the context and I haven't seen a reasonable explanation.
              Kim

              Message 6 of 18 , Jan 18, 2010
                Ah, I like that, 'I know what you mean' after only the second post, I imagine we are really getting comfortable with one another now! that's cool. I mean we coulda been in one of them long drawn out debates where we are basically saying the same thing but just speaking the language of gorsh :)

                Love,

                Message 7 of 18 , Jan 18, 2010
                  Making Magdalene into a male is in the Gospel of Phillip I believe. And this term is similar to the one about 'he kisses her often on the mouth' these are mystery considerations of passing wisdom and then with the fallen Sophia, as feminem Logos and then Christ coming to show the way back up as a masculine Logos now upon us since the beginning of Christian thought....early days of Christianity was this change, or just before really, as it was dawning upon us.

                  Love,

                  <dottie_z@....> wrote:

                  > Kim, I think, I am not sure that's the whole picture....Sophia was
                  there at the beginninng...okay maybe we have to again look at the three
                  spheres of the Tree....

                  > This morning I considered that Sophia was fallen from on high, I am
                  not talking about the pillar, I am talking about the descent that then
                  formed mankind as he is now. And so from her Fall, she is the tree as I
                  am considering it.

                  > When I first began this work I had the Tree of Life appear in my room,
                  and that was my beginning introduction to Sophia and also Christ in the
                  form of the Tree....so I was considering this morning how it was that
                  Sophia fell and split, split was was formed as whole, which is how we
                  have something on the left and on the right, versus a whole....and the
                  purity is in the center, impurity as they stand alone on the left and
                  the right...Sophia falling was the original logos which was understood
                  as feminine, when she fell she had to then become male....that's what I
                  think that mystery is about when Christ Jesus says about the Magdalene
                  'I will make her male' He is relating to what now has to come about for
                  the reversal of the Fall....She then again retains her status
                  rightfully...well, you know this is not in Anthro speak obviously, and
                  Sergei speaks to it and so does Adri in another way that uses the
                  terminology of Rudolf Steiner, so I get what I am saying
                  >  has much more depth to it when understood in all the finer components
                  of Rudolf Steiner's work....

                  > I am not so sure you are right, but isn't that always so with us, you
                  stating something as fact and me saying 'uhmmmm I'm not so sure about
                  that:))

                  > All good things,
                  > Dottie
                  >
                  > p.s. and i am grateful for the conversation as its helping me to
                  better understand the form that represents Paracelsus...i wonder almost
                  if that a part of becoming a true healer, one also understands the fall
                  and the resurection from a thinking heart, the consciousness
                  soul...their's purpose in that huh?...d

                  > "Hence only by means of love can we give real help for karma to work
                  out in the right way." Rudolf Steiner

                • Kim Graae Munch
                  Message 8 of 18 , Jan 19, 2010
                    Message
                    We have been talking about the feminine for many years now, it was you who put me on the trail way back, and I have also seen her, and still do, as the tree of life, but she was the microcosmic tree of life where Adam Kadmon could be said to be the macrocosmic tree.
                    Love,
                    Kim

                        anthroposophy_ tomorrow- digest@yahoogrou ps.com
                        anthroposophy_ tomorrow- fullfeatured@ yahoogroups. com