Re: The Fleeing Youth

  • Robert
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 10, 2010

      Hi Rick,

      I very much appreciate your study on the Christ and the Fleeing Youth. There has been no answer to your post yet. So let me try and give a short comment.

      Dick: It is commonly accepted that the mission of Christ was an act that was independent of any corresponding and requisite deed on the part of humanity. Though this is true this book asserts that the future spiritual evolution of humanity was dependent on human comprehension and understanding of the Event of Golgotha.

      Ottmar: I fully agree with this statement of yours (mind my little change in your statement, I couldn´t make up my mind about your ´in part´ yet.)

      I´m not sure what you really meant on one other point.

      Christ -in the highest sense- is part of the Trinity, that means he is a being from beyond (before and outside) the creation. Christ descended through the spheres and in the period of the old sun, he appeared as an hierarchical being, he was the ´leader of …´, but he was more than that. Just like in Jesus Christ he was fully man and fully God.

      (Sophia also is a being from beyond the creation, from beyond the hierachies. ´I existed before the world was created.´

      Then there is another question: on which hierarchical level is Luzifer the ´Brother of Christ´.)

      Mythology and Rudolf Steiner spoke of many ´appearances´ of the Christ before he appeared in Jesus Christ. Then, of course, there are many ´appearances´ or deeds of Christ after the Mystery of Golgotha. We all know this.

      John spoke of Christ on his way back through the spheres. In Revelation 3, John depicted Christ as he will appear or can be described on the future Jupiter.    Here you have a fine depiction of Albrecht Durer. http://ergebung.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/b8durer.jpg

      There is another aspect to the future work of Christ. People tortured and misunderstood Jesus Christ, thus they created Karma. But through this Karma there is the possibility for Christ to ´reach´ or touch those who had ´sinned´ against him. The ´sinners´created a line of karmic communication through which mankind can be helped, reached by Christ. In this light, their ´sins´ also were a sacrifice, for their respective karmic group or even mankind.

      The riddle or question of the 2 Johns in Rudolf Steiner´s famous last lecture has often been dealt with. Lately there appeared German language books on the theme by well-known Judith von Halle and an angry book in answer to it by Mieke Mosmuller. The German language blogs were filled with discussions on this. Sergej Prokofieff of course has his own opinion on the 2 Johns.

      Greetings from the white Black Forest  Ottmar