Guidelines 171-173

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 6, 2010
      171. The human sensing-organization does not belong to the being of man, rather is it incorporated into him from the environment during his earth life. The perceiving eye is spatially located in man, but essentially it is in the world. And man reaches with his spirit-soul into what the world experiences in him through his senses. [Note: This is what is written in German. However, it would seem that the following makes more sense: "And man reaches with his spirit-soul into what he experiences in the word through his senses." Trans.] And he does not take in the physical environment during his earthly life, but grows into it with his spirit-soul being.

      172. It is similar with the thinking-organization. Man grows by means of it into the stellar world. He recognizes himself as stellar world. He lives and moves within cosmic thoughts when he has shed the sensing-organization in experienced cognition.

      173. After shedding both, the earthly and the stellar worlds, man stands before himself as a spirit-soul being. For he is no longer world, but human in the true sense of the word. And to be conscious of what he experiences here is called self-knowledge, as being conscious in the sensing and thinking organization is called world-knowledge.
    • jeff.baggaley
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 7, 2010
        Thanks very much Frank!

        Do you have one file with the Guidelines translation?

        Very best,

        Jeff

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 7, 2010
          --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "jeff.baggaley" <jeff.baggaley@...> wrote:

          > Thanks very much Frank!
          >
          > Do you have one file with the Guidelines translation?
          >
          > Very best,
          >
          > Jeff

          Yes, it's a work in progress. When finished I intend to offer it as an SCR e-book.
          Frank