Southern Cross Review Nr. 68

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 2, 2010
      Dear ATers,

      Welcome to our first 2010 issue (on time for a change) at http://SouthernCrossReview.org

      In the "Editor's Page" I tell you why I am disappointed in President Obama's decision to continue the war in Afghanistan.

      In the "Fiction" section this month there are two bilingual stories by Yours Truly (translated by María Teresa Gutiérrez) as well as a monolingual one by Paul Holler.

      "Current Events" includes an article by Tom Englehardt about the war in Afghanistan and one by Gaither Stewart about the decline of Italy and the Berlusconi phenomenon.

      Did you know that reincarnation is also contained in Judaism? Check out the article in "Features" by Yerachmiel Tilles and learn how. Under the same section learn more about the world's need for many many more vegetarians.

      Under "Education" Stephen Sagarin gives us his version of what Waldorf education really is.

      In "Anthroposophy" alongside many-sided Rudolf Steiner you'll find an introduction (bilingual) by your editor.

      A long analysis and review of Dawkin's "The God Delusion" by Valdemar Setzer describes Dawkin's delusions.

      Some of Rudyard Kipling's best poetry brings of the rear of this issue, including my favorite: Gunga Din. Warming: Kipling was far from being politically correct.

      Enjoy,

      Frank

      Frank Thomas Smith, Editor
      http://SouthernCrossReview.org
    • jeff.baggaley
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 5, 2010
        Dear Frank,

        Thanks for this.

        Have you completed your translation of Steiner's Leading Thoughts?

        Thanks,

        Jeff

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 5, 2010
          --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "jeff.baggaley" <jeff.baggaley@...> wrote:

          > Dear Frank,
          >
          > Thanks for this.
          >
          > Have you completed your translation of Steiner's Leading Thoughts?
          >
          > Thanks,
          >
          > Jeff

          No, Jeff, I'm still slogging on. I counted the pages left: 26, but it ain't easy. Now that I see that at least someone is interested, I'll sigh and continue RIGHT NOW. Btw, I use "Guidelines" instead of "Leading Thoughts" What's a leading thought? :-)
          Frank

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 5, 2010
            OK, thanks Frank. Very best with the completion of the translation.