Miryam11

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 7, 2004
      As though it were a password, the men went back into the rock cave. I tried
      to follow them over stone and rubble, tripped and cut my hands and knees.
      Punishment.

      Obviously.

      Anger seized me and anger grew and overwhelmed me and became madness, but
      this was my madness, which I could not control. From which dark depths did
      the knowledge emerge in me about how to conjure up an evil spell? Dry camel
      dung, dead grass, hard roots, in six-pointed star piles, wood and stone
      rubbed together until the spark springs, the pile is lit, pleasant smelling
      wild herbs into the fire, who taught me that? And where did the curses come
      from?

      Bent over the fire, I spoke:

      Curse you, desert monks! Curse those who sacrifice their manliness in order
      to convince the Eternal One to send the Messiah. May the cold of your hearts
      consume your limbs as rust eats iron. May the blood in your veins freeze to
      ice. May the paralysis of death come over you in life.

      The fire went out, the smoke made me drunk. I felt that something foreign
      had taken possession of me and supported and strengthened me. When I came to
      my senses it was morning and very cold, but I was hot with evil joy. Now war
      was declared between me and everything masculine, between me and all the
      pious, between me and Yeshua. I felt strong and free.

      When I returned to my donkey, which I had tied on the bank of the salt-sea,
      he sprang back and refused to let me mount. I had to lead him on a rope.
      Otherwise such a docile animal, what was wrong with him?

      My maid also rejected me. She hadn't gone to Bethany, she waited for me the
      whole night. When she saw me her hair seemed to stand on end.

      What's the matter? Does the smoke smell bother you?
      She was silent - stiff and frightened.
      And now, I said, we ride back to Magdala.
      Not to Bethany?
      No.

      A long way. Several days of travel. I had to sell my donkey for a new one.
      The maid did not say a word to me. Obviously therefore something had
      happened to me. Good. The demon whom I had called was keeping to our
      agreement.

      Finally I arrived home.

      Frank Thomas Smith
      http://SouthernCrossReview.org