Serpent and the Caduece

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 30, 2009
      Hey Friends,

      I have been thinking about the rosicrucian symbol of the caduece for a few weeks now and I wanted to share a thought about what comes to mind when taking in the symbol.

      For me when looking at this symbol it occurred to me that the only place the two snakes meet is in malkuth, here on earth, malkuth meaning the daughter, the fallen sophia, the fallen wisdom of man. And so it seems to be singularly the fall of man in a way if we follow the symbol of the rod in the middle. And so for me this force, this spirit being, this Adam/Eve, maybe Lilith and whomever...maybe Lucifer or maybe Ahriman, or as some consider Yaweh, this singular being becomes two, splits in Malkuth and then has to make the climb upwards to the heavenly sophia, the heavenly father, once more.

      And in this climb they have to, the human being on the microcosmic level, they have to purify the chakras, the organs of the body that have fallen, they have to return these organs to their heavenly substance while at the same time transforming them into the new for this epoch towards the next epoch.

      And so when Jesus says that Moses is the fist to raise the serpent, Moses is the first to reach back to the heavenly worlds from the human position, he healed the Fall in himself, he transformed his organs and his heart. Or so it comes to me. When we see that Buddha has the serpent raised above him we realize that he too has transformed his organs and now has healed the fall in himself.

      When we look at the idea of the serpent we have the 'wise' ones are those that have overcome and transformed the Fall whereas the 'vipers' and so forth have to do with those who are happy in the lower elements of the fallen ethers of the human world.

      So goes my thinking this morning,
      Dottie

      Kim, look at that symbol and trace your thinking for me if you can when you have time.