Re: Steiner on climate change

    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 17, 2009
      This is extremely interesting, Kim; I'll certainly look into this volume -- What was the GA#?

      Tarjei

      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 17, 2009
        I just found GA 130 on my shelf: Rudolf Steiner Press, Revised Edition 1984, "Thirteen lectures given in various European cities in the years 1911 and 1912," which may be the same edition that's in the RS Archive online, but there's no sign of these particular notes as far as I can see. The problem with Google Books is that they skip some of the pages.

        Tarjei

        --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "elfuncle" <coolvibes@...> wrote:

        > From the looks of it in Google Books, it's volume GA 130: "Esoteric Christianity and the Mission of Christian Rosenkreutz," which is in the RS archives:
        >
        > http://wn.rsarchive.org/Lectures/EsoChristian/EsoChr_index.html
        >
        > But the lecture notes from 29 Jan 1911 in Cologne, where your quote is taken from, don't seem to be there. I know I've held this book in my hands, but I don't think it's on my shelf yet. Thanks for sharing this.
        >
        > Tarjei
        >

        > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Kim" <kimgm@> wrote:
        > >
        > > We stand on an earth that progresses towards dissolution. Gradually
        > > lakes and rivers will dry up. The face of the earth changes through such
        > > transformations. Geology alone tells us that we have already reached an
        > > epoch of disintegration. The well-known geologist Suess confirms that
        > > processes of decomposition are now taking effect in the earth rather
        > > than ones of renewal and growth. That has already been occurring
        > > throughout the last great evolutionary epoch of the earth, and specially
        > > intensely since the year 1250. Some researchers and people of genius in
        > > their own fields show the odd spark of insight: Burdach forinstance. He
        > > has noticed a radical change since the Renaissance, but knows nothing
        > > about the change of direction of the earth's axis at the time the
        > > Spirits of Personality withdrew. Esoteric Christianity ...
        > > <http://books.google.dk/books?id=M452MXtqqLkC&pg=PP10&lpg=PP10&dq=rudolf\
        > > %20Steiner%201250&source=bl&ots=FPRScIZKTD&sig=0Wrn5y5PMfL0OA24HwmRb-_jl\
        > > 9Q&hl=en&ei=leUnS4K7Oonl-Qa15amkDQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=\
        > > 10&ved=0CC0Q6AEwCQ#v=onepage&q=1250&f=false> Kim

      • Kim Graae Munch
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 17, 2009
          Message
          I have a German version, which I have send to you. It's not a standard lecture but notes from the lecture added as an appendix.