Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Elderberries

    Message 1 of 67 , Dec 10, 2009
      Okay Friends! anyone wanting to join Elderberries as a friend must be wearing CLOTHES. Frank!

      Whew,

      From: DB <laquerencia33@...>
      Subject: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Elderberries
      To: anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thursday, December 10, 2009, 10:21 AM

      I do think its an incredibly courageous thing to do and also that if
      Elderberries is to be a community center of sorts then it would be so
      good if the community would come forward now to help it incarnate.  Its
      appropriate for our time, don't you think, that a circle of support
      carry this forward?  At least 12 i would say and then hopefully no one
      person burns out or exhausts herself.

      But this notion that no one has money--ha.  Plenty of people are doing
      just fine.  Taking vacations, buying for Christmas--and lots of folks
      look around for something to donate to as well.  You're local, you've
      done so much work with at risk youth etc.  It would be really great if
      someone with media connections would do a little story on you and
      Elderberries and put it out there.  The good food, the beautiful
      atmosphere, what you want to do in providing job training to young
      people on hard times.  The media are looking for uplifting stories this
      time of year. You'd actually be helping them as well, in a sense.

      Wish I had more connections myself in LA.....

      lv.............
      db

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Jo Selsjord
      Message 67 of 67 , Aug 23, 2010
        Oh Dottie,

        Hadn't I already been an admirer, your sketch of life at Elderberries
        would surely have captured my heart (as in fact it did - once again).

        Discreetly heartwrenching, with ample nourishment for postmeditation and
        extremely present in your desciptive prowess.

        Your refuge seems to be a haven and asylum also to the inane; I could
        well spend som time at Elderberries, I think . . .

        My respect(s),

        JoS