Elderberries

  • DB
    Message 1 of 67 , Dec 10, 2009
      I'm just so dismayed to hear that you're having to struggle so hard just
      to open the doors each day.
      Maybe you won't mind if I ask some nosy questions...Isn't it true that
      you've spent thousands of your own money in the past several years
      helping other people and putting on big AP conferences? Might it not be
      possible to write a short piece on what its like getting Elderberries
      on its feet and ask these colleagues and friends for help in-kind?
      Where's the reciprocity? If I'm right about your material support of
      all these ventures, of course. And even if you haven't donated lots of
      personal cash, why not go ahead and ask for what you need? This is
      obviously not something you're doing to line your own pocket. Lots of
      people just need to be asked and its a good time of the year for it.
      And just on a personal caring note, I see Elderberries, wonderful as it
      is, as a business that can come or go...but you absolutely must take
      care of yourself dear friend Dottie and not become homeless,
      income-less, car-less etc. as you strive so hard to breathe life into
      this beautiful project.
      Please tell me what your mailing address is for the next few weeks.

      much love,
      Deborah
    • Jo Selsjord
      Message 67 of 67 , Aug 23, 2010
        Oh Dottie,

        Hadn't I already been an admirer, your sketch of life at Elderberries
        would surely have captured my heart (as in fact it did - once again).

        Discreetly heartwrenching, with ample nourishment for postmeditation and
        extremely present in your desciptive prowess.

        Your refuge seems to be a haven and asylum also to the inane; I could
        well spend som time at Elderberries, I think . . .

        My respect(s),

        JoS