Equanimity

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 28, 2009
      Hi Friends,

      I receive a monthly newsletter from a long time beautiful Steiner student. And in this months letter there is a quote I want to share with my friends.

      "The Ahriman incarnation will be greatly furthered if men fail to establish a free and independent spiritual life and allow it to remain entangled in economic or political life. For the Ahrimanic power has everything to gain by the spiritual life being even more closely intertwined with these other spheres. To the Ahrimanic power a free spiritual life would denote a kind of darkness and men's interest in it, a burning raging fire."

      Lucifer and Ahriman, lecture 2, November 2, 1919

      I was thinking this is why our thinking, our objective thinking is so important. It seems to me that when we have pure thinking, when we work in pure thinking, we do not allow Ahriman or Lucifer into our realm, our holy of holies: Michael's Intelligence as developed by us in this lifetime and out of the past into the future as wew continue to incarnate.

      This objective thinking, and its so not that difficult if we listen into what is being said in that quote by Rudolf Steiner, or so it is to me. If we can hold whatever comes to us in this world with equanimity, real equanimity, one built out of storms and devestation albeit clear steady maneuvering around the tidals coming in versus taking this side or that side, we cultivate this pure thinking that is not motivated by the things of thi world in a way that we are subjective to our own personal experience at that time.

      To me this means not letting one or the other political side sway us, or one personality or another, nor moving against or for in a way in our thinking. This way we do not fall into a trap of right and wrong and rather move with the angels in their work. Are we not becoming angels? And if we are we too must be able to see with this eye of equanimity, not distanced and removed, rather engaged with love for all.

      I can look at that quote above and realize how I had moved my life towards that understanding by the choices I tried to make with celibacy and poverty. And although I may fail here and there at the same time I realize what I was intending to meet: Michael's Intelligence so that I might serve. And in order to serve damn it, it seems that one has to go through these extreme pitfalls to wake oneself up. Nothing like a good hole to fall in to accomplish this task.. Whew.

      But the political maneuverings we see with such strong opinions in the Steiner's students has to subside if we are to work with the angels. I imagine there will always be the path to walk and the hole to fall in and it seems to me that the least we can do is look up and see what we were trying to get at, or what our angels were reminding us of regarding our tasks when still in the spiritual worlds.

      And this seems to me to be the path of the great streams including Templars, Manicheans, Grail Stream, Rosiccrucians etc. We are walking towards one another from the peripherary it seems and then when we are strengthened we can go out again in our NSEW with renewed hope and love that will warm the hearts of men. For we shall not be judges but mere men who endeavored to overcome Ahriman and lead the way towards balance. But how can we lead when we are still stuck in the subjective mud of our thinking?

      Love,
      Dottie

    • dottie
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 30, 2009
        Hi Friends,

        I had cause to look for ages this morning as I awoke to understand that what I had begun at 7 years age and what faces me now are the alpha and omega of my life. I was able to trace something back to 7 that was just beginning and then to right now which is just ending. It is just so incredibly difficult but realizing there is a rhyme and reason and a logic to these ages I am humbled to keep moving forward without judgement yet with understanding of what my soul was working on. And its interesting to me because 7 was the age I accepted Christ into my life verbally and of course in my heart, but it was also a verbal communication as well, a response to a question posed.

        And now I am in such a fire and I just can't say how excruciating it is to be me right now as there just doesn't seem to be words, only sounds, that can express it. Or even a depthfilled silence that just hits the abyss of my self.

        So looking this morning for some understanding of this 7x7 period I am going through I came upon this from Terence, Steve, and Bradford. I just thought to share it here again.

        All good things,
        Dottie

        June 2nd, 2006

        Age 49 was (Re: Gonzo Journalism and the ZeitGeist)

        --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Hale" <sardisian01@...>
        wrote:

        > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "holderlin66"
        > <holderlin66@> wrote:
        > <snip>
        > "My Mars phase [42-49] was a little rough to come to terms with
        > ambition outwardly, achievements and flaws in the perception of my
        > own shadow...which determined that it was I, and I alone that was
        > repeating certain patterns of behavior..."
        >
        > Steve comments:
        >
        > The first lectures of Steiner's "Karmic Relationships", contain a
        > very significant fact of our present stage of spiritual
        > development. Steiner describes it by giving the influences of the
        > Hierarchies from birth to age 21, 21-42, and 42 to 63. But he also
        > tells us about age 49.

        There is a significant correspondence found in age
        49, the 7th cycle of 7 years. Whatever occurs at
        age 49 sets the tone for the remainder of years.
        Astrologically, age 49 is the mid-heaven point, the
        zenith of the chart. At the first Saturn return the
        stage is set for the next cycle of 28 years. Either
        we will follow the path of our materialistic
        culture and find a sense of achievement therein, or
        we march to the beat of a different drummer and
        painfully extract ourselves from Caesar's world to
        enter the world of Christ. Age 49 marks the height
        of our materialistic pursuit or the Turning Point
        in Time wherein our choice to serve Christ is
        solidly formed. Now the throat center is cleared
        for sounding the words of matter or of the heart.

        Curiously, when we divide the archetype of
        perfection, the circle of 360 degrees by 7, we get
        an irrational number 51.428571428571 .... which
        indicates an evolutionary turn to the next higher
        dimension from the base circle by .428571428571
        that leads to another circle. It appears like a
        spiral of DNA or a child's toy called the Slinky. Or
        a devolutionary turn to a deeper immersion in
        matter, i.e. service of Caesar. Another way of
        picturing this is to draw a Solomon's Seal and add a
        point in the middle of the Seal. That point or dot
        can depict a plane that is either above or below
        the Seal.

        7x7=49, the bench mark of our moral destiny! Bob
        Dylan sang: We can serve the devil or we can serve
        the Lord, but you gotta serve somebody. Age 49
        marks that point in our lives where we are asked
        that question...who are you going to serve? It can
        be the Devil or it can be the Lord!

        Obviously this does not mark the choices that an
        Initiate is faced with, but it does mark the choice
        we Students will face sooner or later in our
        biography. At age 49 a choice needs to be made if
        not already made before.

        Terence
      • bradford
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 30, 2009
          Dottie seems disturbed by some biographical events.
          "So looking this morning for some understanding of this 7x7 period I am
          going
          through I came upon this from Terence, Steve, and Bradford. I just
          thought to
          share it here again.

          All good things,
          Dottie

          Bradford comments;
          In terms of biography, there a few things within biography that I have
          clearly been amazed by. In particular it is how we join the numbers and
          the math of the time stream of our biography - To the listening and
          compassionate tale we step out of our little selfish world and consider
          the tale and place another's biography before us, and ride into the
          amazing Angelic vision and forces that impacted, were overcome, were
          transformed through equations of illness, death, love...children...
          Amazing forces of compassion and cognition impact the soul who explores
          freely anothers biography with them or without them. Because in case the
          facts are there and the numbers, which are partially star numbers, star
          events loaded with earthly experiences. So I examine some of this in
          this particular study.
          http://rileybrad.wordpress.com/2009/09/11/naughty-19-and-nearing-our-ang\
          el/

          The other study, Glimpses into the Etheric Christ Event in the 20th and
          21st centuries, is also a startling field to research in this particular
          study:
          http://rileybrad.wordpress.com/2009/11/27/etheric-christ-glimpses-1/
        • Kim
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 9, 2009
            Hi bradford,
            A good piece on the moon return, but are the sequence of Moon, Mercury,
            Venus right? I thought Steiner said that the right sequence was Moon,
            Venus, Mercury.
            Greetings,
            Kim

            --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "bradford"