Guidelines - 168 - 170
168. At the beginning of the Consciousness Soul age a dampening of the human feeling of connection with the outer-earthly cosmos took place. In contrast thereto, the feeling of connection to the earth by experiencing sense impressions was so strong, especially among scientifically inclined people, that a benumbing resulted.
169. Within this benumbing, the Ahrimanic powers work so dangerously that man lives in the illusion that this strong benumbing experience is the correct one and constitutes real evolutionary progress.
170. Man must find the strength to enlighten his world of ideas and experience them as such, also when they are not supported by the benumbed sense-world. In this experience of the independently enlightened world of ideas the feeling of connection to the outer-earthly cosmos will awaken. The basis for Michael festivals will then arise.
- Hi Friends,I receive a monthly newsletter from a long time beautiful Steiner student. And in this months letter there is a quote I want to share with my friends."The Ahriman incarnation will be greatly furthered if men fail to establish a free and independent spiritual life and allow it to remain entangled in economic or political life. For the Ahrimanic power has everything to gain by the spiritual life being even more closely intertwined with these other spheres. To the Ahrimanic power a free spiritual life would denote a kind of darkness and men's interest in it, a burning raging fire."Lucifer and Ahriman, lecture 2, November 2, 1919I was thinking this is why our thinking, our objective thinking is so important. It seems to me that when we have pure thinking, when we work in pure thinking, we do not allow Ahriman or Lucifer into our realm, our holy of holies: Michael's Intelligence as developed by us in this lifetime and out of the past into the future as wew continue to incarnate.This objective thinking, and its so not that difficult if we listen into what is being said in that quote by Rudolf Steiner, or so it is to me. If we can hold whatever comes to us in this world with equanimity, real equanimity, one built out of storms and devestation albeit clear steady maneuvering around the tidals coming in versus taking this side or that side, we cultivate this pure thinking that is not motivated by the things of thi world in a way that we are subjective to our own personal experience at that time.To me this means not letting one or the other political side sway us, or one personality or another, nor moving against or for in a way in our thinking. This way we do not fall into a trap of right and wrong and rather move with the angels in their work. Are we not becoming angels? And if we are we too must be able to see with this eye of equanimity, not distanced and removed, rather engaged with love for all.I can look at that quote above and realize how I had moved my life towards that understanding by the choices I tried to make with celibacy and poverty. And although I may fail here and there at the same time I realize what I was intending to meet: Michael's Intelligence so that I might serve. And in order to serve damn it, it seems that one has to go through these extreme pitfalls to wake oneself up. Nothing like a good hole to fall in to accomplish this task.. Whew.But the political maneuverings we see with such strong opinions in the Steiner's students has to subside if we are to work with the angels. I imagine there will always be the path to walk and the hole to fall in and it seems to me that the least we can do is look up and see what we were trying to get at, or what our angels were reminding us of regarding our tasks when still in the spiritual worlds.And this seems to me to be the path of the great streams including Templars, Manicheans, Grail Stream, Rosiccrucians etc. We are walking towards one another from the peripherary it seems and then when we are strengthened we can go out again in our NSEW with renewed hope and love that will warm the hearts of men. For we shall not be judges but mere men who endeavored to overcome Ahriman and lead the way towards balance. But how can we lead when we are still stuck in the subjective mud of our thinking?Love,Dottie
- Hi Friends,
I had cause to look for ages this morning as I awoke to understand that what I had begun at 7 years age and what faces me now are the alpha and omega of my life. I was able to trace something back to 7 that was just beginning and then to right now which is just ending. It is just so incredibly difficult but realizing there is a rhyme and reason and a logic to these ages I am humbled to keep moving forward without judgement yet with understanding of what my soul was working on. And its interesting to me because 7 was the age I accepted Christ into my life verbally and of course in my heart, but it was also a verbal communication as well, a response to a question posed.
And now I am in such a fire and I just can't say how excruciating it is to be me right now as there just doesn't seem to be words, only sounds, that can express it. Or even a depthfilled silence that just hits the abyss of my self.
So looking this morning for some understanding of this 7x7 period I am going through I came upon this from Terence, Steve, and Bradford. I just thought to share it here again.
All good things,
June 2nd, 2006
Age 49 was (Re: Gonzo Journalism and the ZeitGeist)
--- In email@example.com, "Steve Hale" <sardisian01@...>
>There is a significant correspondence found in age
> --- In firstname.lastname@example.org, "holderlin66"
> <holderlin66@> wrote:
> "My Mars phase [42-49] was a little rough to come to terms with
> ambition outwardly, achievements and flaws in the perception of my
> own shadow...which determined that it was I, and I alone that was
> repeating certain patterns of behavior..."
> Steve comments:
> The first lectures of Steiner's "Karmic Relationships", contain a
> very significant fact of our present stage of spiritual
> development. Steiner describes it by giving the influences of the
> Hierarchies from birth to age 21, 21-42, and 42 to 63. But he also
> tells us about age 49.
49, the 7th cycle of 7 years. Whatever occurs at
age 49 sets the tone for the remainder of years.
Astrologically, age 49 is the mid-heaven point, the
zenith of the chart. At the first Saturn return the
stage is set for the next cycle of 28 years. Either
we will follow the path of our materialistic
culture and find a sense of achievement therein, or
we march to the beat of a different drummer and
painfully extract ourselves from Caesar's world to
enter the world of Christ. Age 49 marks the height
of our materialistic pursuit or the Turning Point
in Time wherein our choice to serve Christ is
solidly formed. Now the throat center is cleared
for sounding the words of matter or of the heart.
Curiously, when we divide the archetype of
perfection, the circle of 360 degrees by 7, we get
an irrational number 51.428571428571 .... which
indicates an evolutionary turn to the next higher
dimension from the base circle by .428571428571
that leads to another circle. It appears like a
spiral of DNA or a child's toy called the Slinky. Or
a devolutionary turn to a deeper immersion in
matter, i.e. service of Caesar. Another way of
picturing this is to draw a Solomon's Seal and add a
point in the middle of the Seal. That point or dot
can depict a plane that is either above or below
7x7=49, the bench mark of our moral destiny! Bob
Dylan sang: We can serve the devil or we can serve
the Lord, but you gotta serve somebody. Age 49
marks that point in our lives where we are asked
that question...who are you going to serve? It can
be the Devil or it can be the Lord!
Obviously this does not mark the choices that an
Initiate is faced with, but it does mark the choice
we Students will face sooner or later in our
biography. At age 49 a choice needs to be made if
not already made before.
- Dottie seems disturbed by some biographical events.
"So looking this morning for some understanding of this 7x7 period I am
through I came upon this from Terence, Steve, and Bradford. I just
share it here again.
All good things,
In terms of biography, there a few things within biography that I have
clearly been amazed by. In particular it is how we join the numbers and
the math of the time stream of our biography - To the listening and
compassionate tale we step out of our little selfish world and consider
the tale and place another's biography before us, and ride into the
amazing Angelic vision and forces that impacted, were overcome, were
transformed through equations of illness, death, love...children...
Amazing forces of compassion and cognition impact the soul who explores
freely anothers biography with them or without them. Because in case the
facts are there and the numbers, which are partially star numbers, star
events loaded with earthly experiences. So I examine some of this in
this particular study.
The other study, Glimpses into the Etheric Christ Event in the 20th and
21st centuries, is also a startling field to research in this particular
- Hi bradford,
A good piece on the moon return, but are the sequence of Moon, Mercury,
Venus right? I thought Steiner said that the right sequence was Moon,
--- In email@example.com, "bradford"
> Dottie seems disturbed by some biographical events.
> "So looking this morning for some understanding of this 7x7 period I
> through I came upon this from Terence, Steve, and Bradford. I just
> thought to
> share it here again.
> All good things,
> Bradford comments;
> In terms of biography, there a few things within biography that I have
> clearly been amazed by. In particular it is how we join the numbers
> the math of the time stream of our biography - To the listening andconsider
> compassionate tale we step out of our little selfish world and
> the tale and place another's biography before us, and ride into theexplores
> amazing Angelic vision and forces that impacted, were overcome, were
> transformed through equations of illness, death, love...children...
> Amazing forces of compassion and cognition impact the soul who
> freely anothers biography with them or without them. Because in casethe
> facts are there and the numbers, which are partially star numbers,star
> events loaded with earthly experiences. So I examine some of this inhttp://rileybrad.wordpress.com/2009/09/11/naughty-19-and-nearing-our-ang\
> this particular study.
> The other study, Glimpses into the Etheric Christ Event in the 20th
> 21st centuries, is also a startling field to research in thisparticular