the two-slit experiment with light

  • Mikko Nuuttila
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2009
      Has anyone truly wondered about the nature of the two-slit experiment with light?
      It is easy to perform at home:
      you cut two vertical slits on paper and shine light through them on a wall from an appropriate distance.
      When the distance is appropriate, you'll see light on the wall as if from many vertical slits.
      In quantum physics, the phenomenon is explained in terms of the dual particle/wave nature of light
      and in terms of refraction but I find the terms tell me absolutely nothing phenomenologically.
      I would prefer some more occult terms perhaps.
      If you come up with something, let me know.

      Mikko

    • jmn36210
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2009

        Hi Mikko,

        Light and Darkness --- from a phenomenological perspective:

        http://www.rsarchive.org/Lectures/GA/index.php?ga=GA0320

        Jean-Marc

        --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, Mikko Nuuttila <bellmeine@...> wrote:

        > Has anyone truly wondered about the nature of the two-slit experiment with light?
        > It is easy to perform at home:
        > you cut two vertical slits on paper and shine light through them on a wall from an appropriate distance.
        > When the distance is appropriate, you'll see light on the wall as if from many vertical slits.
        > In quantum physics, the phenomenon is explained in terms of the dual particle/wave nature of light
        > and in terms of refraction but I find the terms tell me absolutely nothing phenomenologically.
        > I would prefer some more occult terms perhaps.
        > If you come up with something, let me know.
        >
        > Mikko

      • val2160
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 3, 2009
          --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, Mikko Nuuttila <bellmeine@...> wrote:

          > Has anyone truly wondered about the nature of the two-slit experiment with light?
          > It is easy to perform at home:
          > you cut two vertical slits on paper and shine light through them on a wall from an appropriate distance.
          > When the distance is appropriate, you'll see light on the wall as if from many vertical slits.
          > In quantum physics, the phenomenon is explained in terms of the dual particle/wave nature of light
          > and in terms of refraction but I find the terms tell me absolutely nothing phenomenologically.
          > I would prefer some more occult terms perhaps.
          > If you come up with something, let me know.

          epic fail pictures

          Consciousness is faster than light.