Re: future yoga and Ahriman

  • fs13997
    Message 1 of 39 , Oct 9, 2009
      Hi Mikko,
      The 'pure thought' Steiner speaks about is not, of course, the simple abstraction that can be ordinarily performed in our mind when for example we think an object. That's ordinary thought. I can think of the structure of an atom with all its orbitals s, p, d, etc., without an actual perception of the object of my thought. However, pure thought is the experience of the etheric life of thinking.
      An asnwer to your proposition may be found in a book written by Massimo Scaligero: "Yoga Meditation Magic." Scaligero wrote that: "[t]here is a Yoga of the new times, but it is not Traditional Yoga, and to be precise it could not be called Yoga, because it the technique through which the 'spiritual' that becomes unconsciously extrinsic as rational thought and Science is identified or isolated; such technique opens the possibility to experience in its pure state the supersensible element that ordinarily alienates itself in the course of scientifc investigation. It is the same Supersensible that constitutes the essence of the Traditions, which can be perceived as the form of its further movement because, by bringing together thinking and the physical thing, according to the proceedings of Science, it realizes its radical movement within the human. The reintegration of the human should begin from this radical element; the investigator should draw to this radical element. This is the possibility of the Spiritual Science of contemplating from a supertraditional point of view, i.e. beyond East and West, the present presence of the Spiritual within the human inner life, with respect to the scientific experience, and to the discrimination of its inner background from the illusory external appearances.
      The possibility that the cerebral organ conditions thinking causing an irregular cerebral function capable to project itself even into spiritual activities, is due to the series of sensory impressions that resonate in our psyche without the counterpart of a conscious processing. The absence of such elaboration, in turn, is due to the dynamic of thinking being arrested in its act of reflecting but void of its completeness. The first act of reintegration is for thinking the achievement of the wholeness of its movement, the experience of its reflex condition that allows the perception of its metadialectical antecedent. A truthful spiritual technique should furnish the awareness of the priority of such duty of thinking.
      The kind of meditation that is urgent today should be recognized in relationship to the request of thinking consciousness, i.e. the dynamic relationship between the I and thinking. In the epoch of self-awareness it is urgent to our thinking to recognize the essential awareness of its own movement. Our thinking had the burden of bring awareness to sciences, including logic, but not to itself as the source of logic. The contradiction consists in the realization of a rational duty that is justified exclusively in reference to a Principle of responsibility and in the simultaneous absence of a conscious relationship with such Principle. We can say that the rationality of modern man is a logically unfinished process. Therefore, the first task of those who want to pursue an inner path is to become aware of the state of their thinking. They should know what they 'noetically' do when they choose an esoteric path. They should not take lightly a rite, or a method, or a discipline, if the only true discipline can be suggested to them by the state of thinking itself, through which they move to the quest for their Self."

      Hope this helps.
      Federico

      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, Mikko Nuuttila <bellmeine@...> wrote:

      > Steiner says the yoga of the future will be detached from the senses and in the realm of pure thought.
      > Isn't this somewhat like the definition of Ahrimanic clairvoyance by him, where you for instance see the structure of the atom as an exercise in thinking without physically being able to view it? I saw the connection this morning after a night's sleep.
      > Is this connection coincidental, for Steiner does not really advocate Ahriman?
      > On the other hand, we must be able to learn to deal with Him, which is taking him in by showing astonishment at His achievements to maintain a natural balance between forces, it is said.
      > Mikko

    • Kim Graae Munch
      Message 39 of 39 , Oct 31, 2009
        Message
        Hi Federico,

        I know that, but you have in reality two interior meetings: The lower meeting between the astral body and the etheric body (Anima/Animus), they join again as they have been before. The other are where the Consciousness soul (Sophia) joins with Manas, which should be what he means.

        Kim