Raven and the Dove

    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 7, 2009
      Hey Friends, I was looking for this Elias Artista and went looking at Og, Enoch, and Noah....and I found a passage below that speaks to what we see in Da Vinci's Baptism: the Raven and the Dove....and even unto this was there a healing it seems...and this Raven does not want to be sent out by Noah in case he encounters the Angel of heat or the Angel of Cold where then his species would cease to exist...I thought that was pretty incredible....and then God saves this species, this Raven, as it is that which feeds Elijah...so we can see the Dove for Jesus and the Raven for John the Baptist/Elijah.

      And then we have this new element of...sheesh, this new Adam and Eve thing going on it seems in a midrash....like a third creation story in a way...and almost for me something of Isis and Osiris....and then we have Noahs three sons, and can we see Abel, Cain, and Seth in these three...do we have a recapitulation of sorts?.....

      aiwaz

      Being in great distress, Noah prayed to God to shorten the time of his suffering. God answered him that He had decreed that the Flood should last twelve months and that such decree might not be changed (Tan., Noaḥ, 17; Midr. Agadat Bereshit l.c. iv. 12). The mountain on which the ark rested, and on which Noah afterward settled, is called in the Book of Jubilees (v. 38) and "Sefer Noaḥ" (l.c.) "Lubar," which Delitzsch supposes to be the Elbruz. When Noah sent the raven to see whether the waters were abated, it refused to go, saying: "Thy Lord hateth me; for, while seven of other species were received into the ark, only two of mine were admitted. And thou also hatest me; for, instead of sending one from the sevens, thou sendest me! If I am met by the angel of heat or by the angel of cold, my species will be lost." Noah answered the raven: "The world hath no need of thee; for thou art good neither for food nor for sacrifice." God, however, ordered Noah to receive the raven into the ark, as it was destined to feed Elijah (Sanh. 108b; Gen. R. xxxiii. 6). When Noah, on leaving the ark, saw the destruction wrought on the world, he began to weep, saying: "Lord of the world, Thou art merciful; why hast Thou not pitied Thy children?" God answered him: "Foolish shepherd! Now thou implorest My clemency. Hadst thou done so when I announced to thee the Flood it would not have come to pass. Thou knewest that thou wouldest be rescued, and therefore didst not care for others; now thou prayest." Noah acknowledged his fault, and offered sacrifices in expiation of it ("Zohar Ḥadash," p. 42a, b). It was because Noah neglected to pray for his contemporaries that he was punished with lameness and that his son Ham abused him

      Read more: http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/view.jsp?artid=318&letter=N#ixzz0TJQ91xPb

    • val2160
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 8, 2009
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Book_(Jung)

        --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Kim" <kimgm@...> wrote:

        > Over in ANow they mentioned Elias Artista, but not much information
        was
        > put forward about him. Do any of you know more about him?
        >
        > Here is an extract from Adept Alchemy
        > <http://www.rexresearch.com/adept/aa10eso.htm> :
        >
        > In Chapter 8 of his treatise De Minerabilis, Paracelsus predicted the
        > advent of Elias Artista (Elias the Artist), Master of Alchemy.
        Elsewhere
        > in the literature of Hermetic science, Elias Artista is referred to as
        > "a symbol of the ripeness of the age! He is the great day to come when
        > all secrets shall be brought to light, and things now rooting in the
        > dark earth shall be brought to light, and things now rooting in the
        dark
        > earth shall come forth to full growth and flower and bear a treasure,
        > which is for the healing of nations... a symbolic representation, the
        > collective breath of generous vindications. Spirit of Liberty, of
        > science and love which must regenerate the world!"
        > Paracelsus, Glauber, Thomas Norton, Alexander Seton and other
        > alchemists wrote of Elias as if he were an individual. Paracelsus
        wrote:
        > "What is small and humble, God has revealed, but the more important is
        > still in the dark and shall likely remain so until the arrival of
        Elias
        > Artista... One shall come after me whose splendor is not yet in this
        > life, and who shall reveal much." According to Glauber, "This Elias
        > Artista shall restore the true spagyric medicine of the old Egyptian
        > Philosophy which was lost over a thousand years. He shall bring it
        with
        > him and show it to the world."
        > In Nineteen eighty-four: science between utopia and dystopi

        <http://books.google.dk/books?id=EvjRu_fluhgC&pg=PA49&lpg=PA49&dq=%22Eli\
        \

        as+Artista%22&source=bl&ots=lZxafBJtqJ&sig=Fmcegq99vCzoI7mnTzi3Zce5DkU&h\
        \

        l=en&ei=t6PLSvfWC43Q-QbYveDjBA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=3#v=\
        \
        > onepage&q=%22Elias%20Artista%22&f=false> a By Everett Mendelsohn,
        Helga

        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 8, 2009
          Well that's pretty interesting Val. I was thinking that this term 'collective unconscious' in a sense seems to be something also tied to the essence of the Akashic records, or maybe the etheric essence...something about how these archetypes/experiences live in the world, in the soul world in a way....and Salome that is so interesting to me. If I recall she is also mentioned at the foot of the cross....and well that is so damn interesting to me. I remember before coming across that point but I just didn't have time...and now considering this Mary of Cleophas...and the secrecy surrounding her in a way....and then looking at John the Baptist/Elijah, and Salome and that Salome did this dance of the Seven Veils or the closing and reopening of the chakras....death and then birth, I wonder almost if she represents for John the Baptist what the Magdalene represented for Christ Jesus in the raising of Lazarus and other miracles where the Marys are present....that is so damn interesting....

          > Over in ANow they mentioned Elias Artista, but not much information
          was
          > put forward about him. Do any of you know more about him?
          >
          > Here is an extract from Adept Alchemy
          > <http://www.rexresearch.com/adept/aa10eso.htm> :
          >
          > In Chapter 8 of his treatise De Minerabilis, Paracelsus predicted the
          > advent of Elias Artista (Elias the Artist), Master of Alchemy.
          Elsewhere
          > in the literature of Hermetic science, Elias Artista is referred to as
          > "a symbol of the ripeness of the age! He is the great day to come when
          > all secrets shall be brought to light, and things now rooting in the
          > dark earth shall be brought to light, and things now rooting in the
          dark
          > earth shall come forth to full growth and flower and bear a treasure,
          > which is for the healing of nations... a symbolic representation, the
          > collective breath of generous vindications. Spirit of Liberty, of
          > science and love which must regenerate the world!"
          >      Paracelsus, Glauber, Thomas Norton, Alexander Seton and other
          > alchemists wrote of Elias as if he were an individual. Paracelsus
          wrote:
          > "What is small and humble, God has revealed, but the more important is
          > still in the dark and shall likely remain so until the arrival of
          Elias
          > Artista... One shall come after me whose splendor is not yet in this
          > life, and who shall reveal much." According to Glauber, "This Elias
          > Artista shall restore the true spagyric medicine of the old Egyptian
          > Philosophy which was lost over a thousand years. He shall bring it
          with
          > him and show it to the world."
          > In Nineteen eighty-four: science between utopia and dystopi

          <http://books.google.dk/books?id=EvjRu_fluhgC&pg=PA49&lpg=PA49&dq=%22Eli\
          \

          as+Artista%22&source=bl&ots=lZxafBJtqJ&sig=Fmcegq99vCzoI7mnTzi3Zce5DkU&h\
          \

          l=en&ei=t6PLSvfWC43Q-QbYveDjBA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=3#v=\
          \
          > onepage&q=%22Elias%20Artista%22&f=false> a By Everett Mendelsohn,
          Helga
          > Nowotny
          >
          > contains a chapter with references and speculations.
          >
          > Kim

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
              mailto:anthroposophy_tomorrow-digest@yahoogroups.com
              mailto:anthroposophy_tomorrow-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • val2160
          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 8, 2009

            The Red Book of C.G. Jung
            Creation of a New Cosmology

            October 7, 2009 - January 25, 2010

            This unprecedented exhibition marks the first public presentation of the preeminent psychologist C. G. Jung's (1875-1961) famous Red Book. During the period in which he worked on this book Jung developed his principal theories of archetypes, collective unconscious, and the process of individuation. It is possibly the most influential unpublished work in the history of psychology. More than two-thirds of the large, red, leather-bound manuscript's pages are filled with Jung's brightly hued and striking graphic forms paired with his thoughts written in a beautiful, illuminated style. Jung was fascinated by the mandala—an artistic representation of the inner and outer cosmos used in Tibetan Buddhism to help practitioners reach enlightenment—and used mandala structures in a number of his own works. Jung's first known mandala-like work, Systema mundi totius (1916), will be on display. Created between 1914 and 1930, the Red Book has never before been seen in public, outside the circle of Jung's family and very close friends. Alongside the 95-year-old volume will be a number of oil, chalk, and tempera paintings and preparatory sketches related to it and other original manuscripts, including the Black Books, which contain ideas and fantasies leading up to the Red Book. The exhibition coincides with W.W. Norton & Company's publication of a facsimile and translation of the Red Book.

            Copies of the new publication will be available for perusal in a reference area in the gallery and available for purchase in the Shop @ RMA. The works of art and archival materials included in The Red Book of C.G. Jung are on loan from the Foundation for the Works of C. G. Jung, the Jung family private archive, and private collections. W.W. Norton & Company's publication is edited by Dr. Sonu Shamdasani, General Editor of the Philemon Foundation and Philemon Professor in Jung History at the Wellcome Trust Centre for the History of Medicine at University College, London. The Red Book is one of the volumes of the Philemon Series, sponsored by the Philemon Foundation.

            Image reprinted from The Red Book by C. G. Jung (c) Foundation of the Works of C. G. Jung. With permission of the publisher, W.W. Norton & Company, Inc.

            > Well that's pretty interesting Val. I was thinking that this term 'collective unconscious' in a sense seems to be something also tied to the essence of the Akashic records, or maybe the etheric essence...something about how these archetypes/experiences live in the world, in the soul world in a way....and Salome that is so interesting to me. If I recall she is also mentioned at the foot of the cross....and well that is so damn interesting to me. I remember before coming across that point but I just didn't have time...and now considering this Mary of Cleophas...and the secrecy surrounding her in a way....and then looking at John the Baptist/Elijah, and Salome and that Salome did this dance of the Seven Veils or the closing and reopening of the chakras....death and then birth, I wonder almost if she represents for John the Baptist what the Magdalene represented for Christ Jesus in the raising of Lazarus and other miracles where the Marys are present....that
            > is so damn interesting....

            > "If there is something more powerful than destiny, this must be the human being who bears destiny unshaken." Rudolf Steiner

          • val2160
            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 8, 2009
              http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/20/magazine/20jung-t.html

              (multimedia on left)

              The New York Times
              September 20, 2009

            • Kim
              Message 6 of 12 , Oct 8, 2009
                Hi Val,
                do you have a hint?

                On the other hand it's quite interesting with Jungs's meeting with the two figures Elijah and Salomo, daughter of Herodias, and who gave her mother John the Baptist's head. With time the Elijah figure developed into the guiding spirit Philemon. Symbolically seen, Salome is the Sentient Soul, Elijah the Intellectual Soul, and Philemon the Conscioussness soul, Anima, Lower I and Higher I.

                Kim

                Message 7 of 12 , Oct 8, 2009
                  The name is a translation of Elias is Elijah/Ilyas or so it has been shown here and other places:

                  5(1621) foot: refers to the physical ascension to the Heavens of
                  Prophets such as Enoch [Idrîs], Elijah [Ilyâs], Jesus [`îsà], and
                  Muhammad (according to Muslim belief, during his "Night
                  Journey" and "Ascension"). It also refers to the essential
                  superiority of the saintly human being over the angel, according to
                  Islamic theology and sufi teachings.
                  'And the 'artiste' part seems to recall Novalis stream....anyhow it seems Illyas is Elijah.' And Elijah, for the Hebrews, preceeds the Messiah.

                  All good things,

                  Message 8 of 12 , Oct 8, 2009
                    You know its funny if we look at Elijah and we consider John the Baptist...I mean utlimately they look like they have nothing in common. John does no healing, none that we have heard of and yet Elijah is so grand in the Old Testament that it is  no wonder if the Jews were looking for Elijah they could not find him, for John the Baptist had no miracles for them other than an admonition to walk the straight path and to baptise. But this baptism was not understood unto whatfor as the Christ was to come and one can see Elijah completely bow himself down for Christ Jesus.

                    See, no one knew what to look for it seems. No one understood or understands the humility of the one called the Messiah/Christ and what another great one such as Zarathustra or Elijah, would do in this new context of the Son of God appearing on the Earth: as the Son sacraficed Himself so did Elijah and Zarathustra.

                    The story below of Elijah and the Widow is really close the stories in the New Testaments concerning the woman at the Well and the sins and also the healings....its so interesting to me:

                    1 Kings Chapter 17

                    א  וַיֹּאמֶר אֵלִיָּהוּ הַתִּשְׁבִּי מִתֹּשָׁבֵי גִלְעָד, אֶל-אַחְאָב, חַי-יְהוָה אֱלֹהֵי יִשְׂרָאֵל אֲשֶׁר עָמַדְתִּי לְפָנָיו, אִם-יִהְיֶה הַשָּׁנִים הָאֵלֶּה טַל וּמָטָר--כִּי, אִם-לְפִי דְבָרִי.  {ס}1 And Elijah the Tishbite, who was of the settlers of Gilead, said unto Ahab: 'As the LORD, the God of Israel, liveth, before whom I stand, there shall not be dew nor rain these years, but according to my word.' {S}
                    ב  וַיְהִי דְבַר-יְהוָה, אֵלָיו לֵאמֹר.2 And the word of the LORD came unto him, saying:
                    ג  לֵךְ מִזֶּה, וּפָנִיתָ לְּךָ קֵדְמָה; וְנִסְתַּרְתָּ בְּנַחַל כְּרִית, אֲשֶׁר עַל-פְּנֵי הַיַּרְדֵּן.3 'Get thee hence, and turn thee eastward, and hide thyself by the brook Cherith, that is before the Jordan.
                    ד  וְהָיָה, מֵהַנַּחַל תִּשְׁתֶּה; וְאֶת-הָעֹרְבִים צִוִּיתִי, לְכַלְכֶּלְךָ שָׁם.4 And it shall be, that thou shalt drink of the brook; and I have commanded the ravens to feed thee there.'
                    ה  וַיֵּלֶךְ וַיַּעַשׂ, כִּדְבַר יְהוָה; וַיֵּלֶךְ, וַיֵּשֶׁב בְּנַחַל כְּרִית, אֲשֶׁר, עַל-פְּנֵי הַיַּרְדֵּן.5 So he went and did according unto the word of the LORD; for he went and dwelt by the brook Cherith, that is before the Jordan.
                    ו  וְהָעֹרְבִים, מְבִאִים לוֹ לֶחֶם וּבָשָׂר בַּבֹּקֶר, וְלֶחֶם וּבָשָׂר, בָּעָרֶב; וּמִן-הַנַּחַל, יִשְׁתֶּה.6 And the ravens brought him bread and flesh in the morning, and bread and flesh in the evening; and he drank of the brook.
                    ז  וַיְהִי מִקֵּץ יָמִים, וַיִּיבַשׁ הַנָּחַל:  כִּי לֹא-הָיָה גֶשֶׁם, בָּאָרֶץ.  {ס}7 And it came to pass after a while, that the brook dried up, because there was no rain in the land. {S}
                    ח  וַיְהִי דְבַר-יְהוָה, אֵלָיו לֵאמֹר.8 And the word of the LORD came unto him, saying:
                    ט  קוּם לֵךְ צָרְפַתָה אֲשֶׁר לְצִידוֹן, וְיָשַׁבְתָּ שָׁם; הִנֵּה צִוִּיתִי שָׁם אִשָּׁה אַלְמָנָה, לְכַלְכְּלֶךָ.9 'Arise, get thee to Zarephath, which belongeth to Zidon, and dwell there; behold, I have commanded a widow there to sustain thee.'
                    י  וַיָּקָם וַיֵּלֶךְ צָרְפַתָה, וַיָּבֹא אֶל-פֶּתַח הָעִיר, וְהִנֵּה-שָׁם אִשָּׁה אַלְמָנָה, מְקֹשֶׁשֶׁת עֵצִים; וַיִּקְרָא אֵלֶיהָ וַיֹּאמַר, קְחִי-נָא לִי מְעַט-מַיִם בַּכְּלִי וְאֶשְׁתֶּה.10 So he arose and went to Zarephath; and when he came to the gate of the city, behold, a widow was there gathering sticks; and he called to her, and said: 'Fetch me, I pray thee, a little water in a vessel, that I may drink.'
                    יא  וַתֵּלֶךְ, לָקַחַת; וַיִּקְרָא אֵלֶיהָ וַיֹּאמַר, לִקְחִי-נָא לִי פַּת-לֶחֶם בְּיָדֵךְ.11 And as she was going to fetch it, he called to her, and said: 'Bring me, I pray thee, a morsel of bread in thy hand.'
                    יב  וַתֹּאמֶר, חַי-יְהוָה אֱלֹהֶיךָ אִם-יֶשׁ-לִי מָעוֹג, כִּי אִם-מְלֹא כַף-קֶמַח בַּכַּד, וּמְעַט-שֶׁמֶן בַּצַּפָּחַת; וְהִנְנִי מְקֹשֶׁשֶׁת שְׁנַיִם עֵצִים, וּבָאתִי וַעֲשִׂיתִיהוּ לִי וְלִבְנִי, וַאֲכַלְנֻהוּ, וָמָתְנוּ.12 And she said: 'As the LORD thy God liveth, I have not a cake, only a handful of meal in the jar, and a little oil in the cruse; and, behold, I am gathering two sticks, that I may go in and dress it for me and my son, that we may eat it, and die.'
                    יג  וַיֹּאמֶר אֵלֶיהָ אֵלִיָּהוּ אַל-תִּירְאִי, בֹּאִי עֲשִׂי כִדְבָרֵךְ; אַךְ עֲשִׂי-לִי מִשָּׁם עֻגָה קְטַנָּה בָרִאשֹׁנָה, וְהוֹצֵאת לִי, וְלָךְ וְלִבְנֵךְ, תַּעֲשִׂי בָּאַחֲרֹנָה.13 And Elijah said unto her: 'Fear not; go and do as thou hast said; but make me thereof a little cake first, and bring it forth unto me, and afterward make for thee and for thy son.
                    יד  כִּי כֹה אָמַר יְהוָה אֱלֹהֵי יִשְׂרָאֵל, כַּד הַקֶּמַח לֹא תִכְלָה, וְצַפַּחַת הַשֶּׁמֶן, לֹא תֶחְסָר:  עַד יוֹם תתן- (תֵּת-) יְהוָה, גֶּשֶׁם--עַל-פְּנֵי הָאֲדָמָה.14 For thus saith the LORD, the God of Israel: The jar of meal shall not be spent, neither shall the cruse of oil fail, until the day that the LORD sendeth rain upon the land.'
                    טו  וַתֵּלֶךְ וַתַּעֲשֶׂה, כִּדְבַר אֵלִיָּהוּ; וַתֹּאכַל הוא-והיא (הִיא-וָהוּא) וּבֵיתָהּ, יָמִים.15 And she went and did according to the saying of Elijah; and she, and he, and her house, did eat many days.
                    טז  כַּד הַקֶּמַח לֹא כָלָתָה, וְצַפַּחַת הַשֶּׁמֶן לֹא חָסֵר--כִּדְבַר יְהוָה, אֲשֶׁר דִּבֶּר בְּיַד אֵלִיָּהוּ.  {פ}16 The jar of meal was not spent, neither did the cruse of oil fail, according to the word of the LORD, which He spoke by Elijah. {P}
                    יז  וַיְהִי, אַחַר הַדְּבָרִים הָאֵלֶּה, חָלָה, בֶּן-הָאִשָּׁה בַּעֲלַת הַבָּיִת; וַיְהִי חָלְיוֹ חָזָק מְאֹד, עַד אֲשֶׁר לֹא-נוֹתְרָה-בּוֹ נְשָׁמָה.17 And it came to pass after these things, that the son of the woman, the mistress of the house, fell sick; and his sickness was so sore, that there was no breath left in him.
                    יח  וַתֹּאמֶר, אֶל-אֵלִיָּהוּ, מַה-לִּי וָלָךְ, אִישׁ הָאֱלֹהִים:  בָּאתָ אֵלַי לְהַזְכִּיר אֶת-עֲו‍ֹנִי, וּלְהָמִית אֶת-בְּנִי.18 And she said unto Elijah: 'What have I to do with thee, O thou man of God? art thou come unto me to bring my sin to remembrance, and to slay my son?'
                    יט  וַיֹּאמֶר אֵלֶיהָ, תְּנִי-לִי אֶת-בְּנֵךְ; וַיִּקָּחֵהוּ מֵחֵיקָהּ, וַיַּעֲלֵהוּ אֶל-הָעֲלִיָּה אֲשֶׁר-הוּא יֹשֵׁב שָׁם, וַיַּשְׁכִּבֵהוּ, עַל-מִטָּתוֹ.19 And he said unto her: 'Give me thy son.' And he took him out of her bosom, and carried him up into the upper chamber, where he abode, and laid him upon his own bed.
                    כ  וַיִּקְרָא אֶל-יְהוָה, וַיֹּאמַר:  יְהוָה אֱלֹהָי--הֲגַם עַל-הָאַלְמָנָה אֲשֶׁר-אֲנִי מִתְגּוֹרֵר עִמָּהּ הֲרֵעוֹתָ, לְהָמִית אֶת-בְּנָהּ.20 And he cried unto the LORD, and said: 'O LORD my God, hast Thou also brought evil upon the widow with whom I sojourn, by slaying her son?'
                    כא  וַיִּתְמֹדֵד עַל-הַיֶּלֶד שָׁלֹשׁ פְּעָמִים, וַיִּקְרָא אֶל-יְהוָה וַיֹּאמַר:  יְהוָה אֱלֹהָי, תָּשָׁב נָא נֶפֶשׁ-הַיֶּלֶד הַזֶּה עַל-קִרְבּוֹ.21 And he stretched himself upon the child three times, and cried unto the LORD, and said: 'O LORD my God, I pray thee, let this child's soul come back into him.'
                    כב  וַיִּשְׁמַע יְהוָה, בְּקוֹל אֵלִיָּהוּ; וַתָּשָׁב נֶפֶשׁ-הַיֶּלֶד עַל-קִרְבּוֹ, וַיֶּחִי.22 And the LORD hearkened unto the voice of Elijah; and the soul of the child came back into him, and he revived.
                    כג  וַיִּקַּח אֵלִיָּהוּ אֶת-הַיֶּלֶד, וַיֹּרִדֵהוּ מִן-הָעֲלִיָּה הַבַּיְתָה, וַיִּתְּנֵהוּ, לְאִמּוֹ; וַיֹּאמֶר, אֵלִיָּהוּ, רְאִי, חַי בְּנֵךְ.23 And Elijah took the child, and brought him down out of the upper chamber into the house, and delivered him unto his mother; and Elijah said: 'See, thy son liveth.'
                    כד  וַתֹּאמֶר הָאִשָּׁה, אֶל-אֵלִיָּהוּ, עַתָּה זֶה יָדַעְתִּי, כִּי אִישׁ אֱלֹהִים אָתָּה; וּדְבַר-יְהוָה בְּפִיךָ, אֱמֶת.  {פ}24 And the woman said to Elijah: 'Now I know that thou art a man of God, and that the word of the LORD in thy mouth is truth.' {P}

                    Bible - Kings -
                    1 Kings Chapter 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
                    2 Kings Chapter 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

                    Got a question or comment?  Write Us!

                    Message 9 of 12 , Oct 8, 2009
                      Hi Friends, I was looking to understand the difference between astral images and how they appear and the akashic records....it seems the true records, or the higher pictures occur out of higher Devachan whereas those that are the shadow of sorts appear in the lower worlds. But along the way I found this and I was surprised as I hadn't encountered this before or if I did it was early on. Here below is a review from Mr. Mathern's site and we find a passage connected to the Malkuth and the Tree of Life: http://www.doyletics.com/arj/tgosmrvw.htm

                      "Since the compass points in all directions in the spiritual world, and there are an infinite number of directions, the result of penetrating the Macrocosm will be a labyrinth for one who is not ready. "Man is protected by the sleeping state from penetrating consciously into the Macrocosm without due preparation." [page 122] In fact, the number of important directions in the Macrocosm is twelve and they are indicated by the twelve signs of the zodiac. The danger from expansion is getting lost, whereas the danger from contraction into one's physical and etheric bodies is megalomania or inflation of the ego as psychotherapists call it. This overpowering by mystical experiences is seen often in mental patients who claim to be Napoleon or Jesus Christ.
                      [page 123] Unless there has been proper preparation, the Ego descends into the sphere of the physical and etheric bodies unpurified, and a man is so overpowered that the resulting mystical experiences preclude inner truth, inasmuch as deceptive pictures arise before him.
                      The expansion into the Macrocosm is one of the main themes of the Gospel of Matthew Steiner tells us:
                      [page 130] Our attention is drawn to the fact that Christ Jesus had been living hitherto in the physical body which afterwards hung on the Cross. He had been concentrated in one point of space and now expanded into the Cosmos. Those who would seek for Him now could not find Him in this physical body but would have to seek Him with clairvoyant vision in the spirit which pervades space.
                      What had formerly required three-and-a-half days and external help from a guide was accomplished by Christ alone. He had rebuilt the Temple in three days, and indicated to all that He must no longer be sought in the physical sheath in which He had been confined, but must now be sought in the cosmic space of the spiritual world. In the following passage from St. Matthew translated by Steiner, the cosmic space appears in the metaphor of "clouds":
                      [page 130] 'Hereafter ye shall see at the right hand of Divine Power the Being who is now born as the prototype of the evolution of humanity and He will appear to you out of the clouds.'
                      In the next section of the book Steiner takes us through the path of Initiation through the ten Sephirot of the Kabbalah, from Malkhut to Keter. The process begins with Malkhut, and then from the bottom of the Table, proceeds upward in the three stages of Mineral, Plant, and Animal for each of the astral, etheric and physical bodies. The I or Ego of humanity may be considered the highest of the members of the body comprising a human, but, being the newest, it is the lowest stage, "the rudiments of the highest perfection attainable by man." [page 137] Thus we begin with Malkhut, the Kingdom, or Ego and proceed to the astral body as the next most recently acquired body. Hod is the astral body or 'spirit revealing itself outwardly', Netzah is the denser or impermeable astral body, and Yesod is an intermediate stage.
                      Bodies\Kingdoms
                      Mineral
                      Plant
                      Animal
                      Physical
                      Binah
                      Hokmah
                      Keter [Crown]
                      Etheric
                      Geburah
                      Tipheret
                      Gedulah [Hesed]
                      Astral
                      Netzah
                      Yesod
                      Hod
                      The oldest body is the physical body which has been worked on by divine spiritual beings for millions upon millions of years. Between the recent astral body and the ancient physical body lies the intermediate etheric body which balances and buffers the forces of the neophyte astral body. The etheric body is older, much more godlike, and is encountered in the second stage of Initiation. First one encounters Gedulah, which is that greatness bringing its inner richness to expression. Geburah is similar but conveys the impression of a kind of aggressiveness. Tipheret is called Goodness and Beauty, for the reason that it is like a balance between Geburah and Gedulah, an inner richness without the aggressiveness.
                      At the next stage of Initiation, Beings of Wisdom are encountered and this quality of wisdom is called Binah in its densest form, and in its less dense form, Hokhmah. The final stage is Keter in which "divine-spiritual Beings of the greatest sublimity" are encountered. This stage is known as the Crown. So the process of Initiation begins with the physical Kingdom of Malkhut and proceeds to the divine-spiritual world of Keter.
                      [page 142] It was the Essenes who first taught of the coming of One who would bring down for the 'I', for the Ego living in Malkhut, what is above in the 'Kingdoms of Heaven.'
                      Thus it can be understood that before the Christ event, "In your own Ego you search in vain for the Kingdoms of Heaven." [page 147] And after the Christ event the situation became as Christ Jesus said: "The time has come when in their own Egos men will find the Spirit when they seek the Kingdoms of Heaven." [page 147]

                    • Kim
                      Message 10 of 12 , Oct 9, 2009
                        In Denmark and other European countries, Elijah is called Elias. By the way, John is called Johannes. At the time of Gilgamesh there was a sage called Oannes, and he should be John the Baptist/Elijah.