Contra thesis: Ahriman is Masculine and Lucifer is Feminine

  • Kim
    Message 1 of 50 , Sep 18, 2009
      HTML clipboard

      New Thesis

      In trying to prove things it's customary to make a counter thesis, so lets make the thesis that Ahriman is Masculine and Lucifer is Feminine.

      Are my description in the following OK? If not, what should be changed, and how does it relate to Lucifer and Ahriman?

      Characteristics of Man and Woman

      Let's look at men and women from childhood to grand parents and compare their characteristics. Alone the childhood description should be enough to test the hypothesis.

      The boy is lazy and self centered, does everything to escape duties, hates school, except maybe a few things like math or sport, where they can compete. Boys are inclined for the psychic illness ADHD, which is extreme lack of control.

      The girl is good in everything which has to do with control, she want to play Father, Mother and children, she can see the idea behind going to school. Girls are inclined for eating disorders as Anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa, which are expressions of extreme control.

      Boys loves birthdays, loves to be in the center and receive lots of toys. They are much better receiving than giving gifts.

      Girls loves birthdays, but are generally more interested in arranging the birthdays, especially the older they get, than being the center of it or receiving gifts, and it's usually a recurring disappointment to receive her husbands gift, until she learns to give him a specific gift list. As men don't remember memorable days, including their own birthday, it's good practice to remind them beforehand, as it forestalls many a disagreement on those memorable days.

      When they grow up the woman have jobs as social workers, teachers, or in big companies, and so forth. It attracts them as they like job's where they can manage peoples life's.

      Men prefer job's as the lone rider, small dynamic companies where the world changes constantly, and as chiefs they aren't really interested in managing those under them, they are more interested in the fight with the other chief on the same level, and making themselves seen on the next level. A woman chief takes care of those under her, and less interested in the fight with the others. Men likes lofty ideas, woman practical things. Men goes primarily after the goal, where woman takes care of the means.

      In the family, it's the mother who keeps the family together, it takes a little time for the husband to learn that he is not bachelor any more. The woman makes sure the rules and customs are kept, and the father executes the sentence. Woman brings order in the life's of men and men brings chaos into the life of woman. The marriage has two dangers, the one where the man's egoism and chaos destroys the security of the family, the other where the wife domesticates both man and children which leaves them with no free will at all.

      The men may have a hobby room where they are allowed to play, or they becomes members of some masonry, where they can play, or make some foot work for their career.

      In old age it's the grandmother who keeps the whole family together, keeps the local society together through gossip, which is the life nerve in small societies, or through social clubs and the like. The men and grandparent tells stories to the children about themselves, from when they were young, teach them about how manage in practice (wisdom), and not about how it's supposed to be (knowledge).

      If the wife dies first it only takes short time before her husband dies, as the structure and center of his life are gone.

      In other words, women brings order in Chaos, the chaos men leaves after them everywhere in their lives. Set a man in a kitchen and it looks like WW2.

      These characteristics change of course with .

      As everywhere in life there are exceptions to this, depending on development, with the degree of Love and Will women and men have developed. There are men with feminine characteristic and interests and women with very masculine interests. In Denmark we have a director of a big magazine imperia and she has traveled to the North pole, on feet, in her spare time, and other such behaviors, which only boyish men think is fun.

      Primary objectives

      Women's primary objective is to fight the inertia and control of Ahriman to develop Love and Compassion. With Love and Compassion she would be a boon for her surroundings, without, she would hold the family or group in an iron grip. In practice they should learn to do things because it's the right, not because of custom or duty.

      Men's primary objective is to fight the egotism of Lucifer developing Will and Wisdom. Without Will and Wisdom man is a danger for his surroundings. Men should learn to do things for the common good, not because of personal gain, but because he likes to.

      Characteristics of Ahriman and Lucifer

      Lucifer, according to Rudolf Steiner

      • Lucifer is a proud Spirit who likes to soar away into the heights where lofty visions open out.
      • It takes effect in egoism of which most people are entirely unaware.
      • Everything by which he tries to loosen his connection with reality, to soar above his actual circumstances--all this points to the Luciferic. So, too, does the impulse that is always tending to diminish the interest we take in our fellow-men.
      • Luciferic forces slip on all sides into the man's astral body and penetrate him with their activities, which find expression in his lower passions.
      • In the revolutionary stream lives Lucifer.
      • As the Light Bearer he has particular gifts for humankind, especially that of wisdom, the gift he first offered to Adam and Eve. By their eating of the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge, Lucifer promised that they would "be as gods." ref.

      Ahriman, according to Rudolf Steiner

      • We have to call in Ahriman to create a polarity to Lucifer. And this we can do by cultivating the polar opposite of love.
      • And then we release Ahriman, when we meet what has come about with understanding, when we do not merely demand our rights out of self-love but understand what has come about in the world.
      • In the conservative stream lives Ahriman.
      • All that is connected with man's lust for ruling over his fellows, all that is in opposition to healthy social impulses, is of an Ahrimanic nature.... The man possessed by Ahriman would like to have as many men as possible in his power and then to proceed...to make use of human frailty in order to rule over men."
      • In this fictional essay Soloviev described the appearance of a great individual who taught world peace and became first the World Leader, and later the reuniter of the world's religions. He is a vegetarian and anti-vivisectionist and brings great material prosperity and physical comfort to all who acknowledge his authority, all of this without effort on the people's part. The world becomes peaceful, even docile, for the minor sacrifice of individuality and freedom. ref Thomas Poplawski.
      • The influence of Ahriman is seen in the generous gifts that he has bestowed on humankind in the past centuries and for which we must feel very grateful. All of the technological marvels which science has made possible have given many of us relative freedom from all manner of drudgery while maintaining a high standard of living, freeing us to pursue other interests, giving us more time ... or do we have more time? The great difficulty with our acceptance of Ahriman's bounty has been our relative blindness and lack of foresight as we have lost ourselves in its enjoyment. The birth of the ecology movement and discussion of the reductionist nature of science has wakened some consciousness of the danger into which we have strayed. Some awareness has arisen as to what we are sacrificing in the Faustian bargain which society has struck, a sacrifice which involves our very humanity. ref. Thomas Poplawski

      Love in relation to Might and Wisdom, according to Rudolf Steiner

      The following describes Love, which is the Kabbalah center pillar, in relation to Might which is the Kabbalah left pillar, and Wisdom which is the Kabbalah right pillar:

      The older we grow, the more we begin to love the wisdom revealed by life. In the wisdom revealed by life, man forms the seed of his next life as the spiritual core of his being ripens. But the deeds of love are not deeds which look for compensation in the next life. By everything we do out of love, we pay off debts. The only actions from which we have nothing in the future are those we perform out of true, genuine love. It is because men are subconsciously aware of this that there is so little love in the world. A soul must be very advanced before deeds can be performed from which nothing is to be gained for itself; but then the world profits all the more. Love is the "moral" sun of the world. Interest in the earth's evolution is the necessary antecedent of love. A Spiritual Science without love would be a danger for humanity. Without sense-born love, nothing material comes into the world; without spiritual love, nothing spiritual. Creative forces unfold through love. We owe our existence to deeds of love wrought in the past. To pay off debts through deeds of love is therefore wisdom.

      As well as love there are two other powers: might and wisdom. To these two, the concepts of magnitude and enhancement are applicable, but not to love. The all-embracing attribute of the Godhead is therefore not omnipotence, not omniscience, but love. God is supreme love, not supreme might, not supreme wisdom. The Godhead has shared these two with Ahriman and Lucifer. Wisdom and might unfold in the world, but love is a unique, Divine Impulse. The Mystery of Golgotha was fulfilled as a counterweight to the impulses of might and of wisdom. Therefore anyone who knows the mystery of love can be a Christian. Spiritual Science must include this love — otherwise it leads to egoism.

      The Mystery of Golgotha is a Deed of the Gods and a concern of the Gods. This Deed cannot be understood out of wisdom but only out of love. Together with selfishness, evil came into the world. It had to be so, because without the evil, man could not lay hold of the good. But through man's conquest of himself the unfolding of love has been made possible. The darkness has enabled the light to come into our ken. ref.

      Regards,
      Kim

    • dottie
      Message 50 of 50 , Sep 24, 2009
        Hi Val, I didn't realize this was your contribution and now understand what you were talking about in relations to 'not having been signed in'. Pardon me to you and Mr. Hale.

        All good things,
        Dottie