Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] confusion between fact and opinion

  • Peter Staudenmaier
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 6, 2004
      Hi Deborah, you wrote:

      "There are a lot of different views of what evolution is and how it
      works. The idea that evolution is not progressive is certainly
      popular in some circles, but this is a philosophical opinion not a
      fact."

      I largely agree. But the notion that this idea is somehow peculiar to me is silly. Contemporary evolutionary biology is built around this idea. Perfectionism isn't in the running anymore as far as scientific frameworks for natural evolution go. It hasn't been for a century and a half now.

      By the way, you mentioned that you've only read one of my articles, and that it lacked citations and a bibliography. In that case, it was one of my popular articles. You might want to look at some of my scholarly work as well. See if your library has the new Encyclopedia of World Environmental History, for example, and take a look at the entry on fascism (no endnotes due to editorial policy for the volume, but I'd be interested to hear if it meets your standards).

      Peter

      Mit schönen Grüßen von Yahoo! Mail.
      Mit dem Yahoo! Messenger können Sie Freunde noch schneller erreichen!