Jonus and Peter

    Message 1 of 90 , Sep 5, 2009
      Hey Friends, in looking, boy it has been a while, in looking at the end of John finally! I found it interesting again that Jesus calls him 'son of Jonah'/....when looking this up I find that Jonah means Dove....Son of the Dove....

      The obvious correlation between Jonah and Peter is clear but are they one following the other as in the reincarnation of:  I don't know but what I can see is that it is clear we have not only in Peter but also in Jonah the trial of truthfullness, this being the only attribute not repeated by Jonah of God's traits....we can see Peter not telling the truth when the cock crows three times and we might be able to see the clues as to certain apostles, such as when Jesus called one from under the tree as one with no guile, so too we see Peter being called forth out of his own past history...so it seems to me....d

      [edit] Jonah in Judaism

      "The book of Jonah (Yonah יונה) is one of the 12 minor prophets included in the Jewish Bible. According to tradition Jonah was the boy brought back to life by Elijah the prophet, and hence shares many of his characteristics (particularly his desire for 'strict judgment'). The book of Jonah is read every year, in its original Hebrew, on Yom Kippur - the Day of Atonement, as the Haftorah at the afternoon mincha prayer.
      Teshuva - the ability to repent and be forgiven by God - is a prominent idea in Jewish thought. This concept is developed in the book of Jonah: Jonah, the son of truth, (The name of his father "Amitai" in Hebrew means truth,) refuses to ask the people of Ninveh to repent. He seeks the truth only, and no forgiveness. When forced to go, his call is heard loud and clear. The people of Ninveh repent ecstatically, "fasting, including the sheep", and the Jewish scripts are critical of this[3]. When praying, Jonah repeats God's 13 traits failing to say the last one which is "...and Truthful", and changing it with "...and who is willing to forgive the bad".[4]. God responds by showing Jonah that he is "angry at doing good", and that he too would agree to spare an ephemeral plant [5] if it has importance for him."

    • Kim
      Message 90 of 90 , Sep 16, 2009
        The second Deed of Christ were in the start of Atlantis, connected with
        Enoch/Michael and the Luciferic spirits cast down on Earth, and the
        third deed at the end of Atlantis, with Abraham/Shekinah where
        Ahrimanian spirits were let loose. In 1879 there was another 'up-cast'
        of Ahrimanian spirits when the New Michael became Archangel.
        Kim

        <dottie_z@...> wrote:

        > Oh is that what you mean when you say 'the deeds of Christ' I wasn't
        sure what you were referring to and I kept not asking...as I thought it
        had something to do with the forty days in the desert and his rebuking
        of Lucifer and Ahriman...d

        > "If there is something more powerful than destiny, this must be the
        human being who bears destiny unshaken." Rudolf Steiner

        Sister Soul
        > To: anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com
        > Date: Wednesday, September 16, 2009, 9:52 PM
        >

        > The Deeds of Christ?
        > Kim
        >
        > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, dottie zold dottie_z@
        wrote:

        > > Right but Christ works through Sophia each time he encountered the
        world I think Rudolf Steiner shares....and I think he mentions 3 such
        occurrances.....I am not thinking this is one of them but I do not know