The End of the World

    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 30, 2009
      I picked up an earlier note of mine, "Rudolf Steiner blasts monotheism -- again!" and developed it into a blog article, basically chewing out a small chunk of the superstitious, egotripping, irrational balderdash better known as Christian beliefs, throwing their own Bible at them.

      http://uncletaz.blogspot.com/2009/08/end-of-world.html

      Tarjei
    • Kees hotmail
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 30, 2009
        Drunvalo Melchisedek

        more of that kind
        the angels are coming in ufos to earth to save us(;-)

        Kees from Holland

        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 30, 2009
          Hi Friends, with Ted Kennedy passing there has been alot of coverage of speeches he made on the television and in the newspapers. I thought it so interesting I found myself experiencing what others had termed as Camelot. There is this nobility that somehow exudes in a way off of those brothers. Considering what Ms. Shriver did as well with the forming of the Special Olympics and her overall cando spirit I do feel that this family somehow in someway felt aligned with some higher caller as a whole. I never really put any attention to this when others would say it but listening in on Ted Kennedy's thoughts at various times in his life kind of surprised me.

          One of the things I found interesting is that they were thinkers. And this thinking was trying to align itself with God and at the same time with the social considerations that man finds himself in today.

          I have an article from the times that I want to share a comment he made at Liberty Liberty Baptist College at the invitation of Jerry Falwell:

          " People of conscience should be careful how they deal in the word of their Lord. In our own history, religion has been falsely invoked to sanction prejudice - even slavery - to condemn labor unions and public spending for the poor. I believe the prophecy, 'The poor you have always with you' is an indictment, not a commandment.' (...) quoting Pope John Paul XXIII "We must beware of those who burn with zeal but are not endowed with much sense.."

          I also found it interesting that when he was trying to figure out the boundaries between supporting pro choice laws and morality along the religious lines. They say the Kennedy family pulled together a group of religious scholars, mostly Jesuits,  The article shares that the 'great Jesuit Rev. John Courtney Murray, influenced who 'distinguished between the moral aspects of an issue and the feasibility of enacting legislation enacting legislation about that issue.'

          " The Hyannis Port theologians agreed that Catholic lawmakers 'might tolerate legislation that would permit abortion under certain circumstances if political efforts to repress this moral error led to greater perils to social peace and order.'

          The more I consider the greatness, coolness, clearness, agreeing or not agreeing, in some of the top Jesuit teachers, not their essoterists, I find them so well aligned with the Rabbinical thinking! It's just that they understand Jesus to have come but the thinking, the push in both of these religious mannerisims are one after the other in a way. The Jesuit scholars and the Rabbis have really brought a clear thinking, again agreeing or not with what they share is besides the point, to the moral elements of the Bible.

          All good things,

        • val2160
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 30, 2009
            http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/08/29/politics/main5274088.shtml?tag\
            =cbsContent;cbsCarousel

            <dottie_z@...> wrote:

            > Hi Friends, with Ted Kennedy passing there has been alot of coverage
            of speeches he made on the television and in the newspapers. I thought
            it so interesting I found myself experiencing what others had termed as
            Camelot. There is this nobility that somehow exudes in a way off of
            those brothers. Considering what Ms. Shriver did as well with the
            forming of the Special Olympics and her overall cando spirit I do feel
            that this family somehow in someway felt aligned with some higher caller
            as a whole. I never really put any attention to this when others would
            say it but listening in on Ted Kennedy's thoughts at various times in
            his life kind of surprised me.

            > One of the things I found interesting is that they were thinkers. And
            this thinking was trying to align itself with God and at the same time
            with the social considerations that man finds himself in today.

            > I have an article from the times that I want to share a comment he
            made at Liberty Liberty Baptist College at the invitation of Jerry
            Falwell:

            > " People of conscience should be careful how they deal in the word of
            their Lord. In our own history, religion has been falsely invoked to
            sanction prejudice - even slavery - to condemn labor unions and public
            spending for the poor. I believe the prophecy, 'The poor you have always
            with you' is an indictment, not a commandment.' (...) quoting Pope John
            Paul XXIII "We must beware of those who burn with zeal but are not
            endowed with much sense."

            > I also found it interesting that when he was trying to figure out the
            boundaries between supporting pro choice laws and morality along the
            religious lines. They say the Kennedy family pulled together a group of
            religious scholars, mostly Jesuits, The article shares that the 'great
            Jesuit Rev. John Courtney Murray, influenced who 'distinguished between
            the moral aspects of an issue and the feasibility of enacting
            legislation enacting legislation about that issue.'

            > " The Hyannis Port theologians agreed that Catholic lawmakers 'might
            tolerate legislation that would permit abortion under certain
            circumstances if political efforts to repress this moral error led to
            greater perils to social peace and order.'

            > The more I consider the greatness, coolness, clearness, agreeing or
            not agreeing, in some of the top Jesuit teachers, not their essoterists,
            I find them so well aligned with the Rabbinical thinking! It's just that
            they understand Jesus to have come but the thinking, the push in both of
            these religious mannerisims are one after the other in a way. The Jesuit
            scholars and the Rabbis have really brought a clear thinking, again
            agreeing or not with what they share is besides the point, to the moral
            elements of the Bible.

            > All good things,
            > Dottie
            >
            > "If there is something more powerful than destiny, this must be the
            human being who bears destiny unshaken." Rudolf Steiner

          • write3chairs
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 30, 2009
              --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "val2160" wrote:

              > http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/08/29/politics/main5274088.shtml?tag\
              > =cbsContent;cbsCarousel

              "Time never heals; we carry on because we have to."
              Kennedy, in a personal letter sent to Christy Coombs,
              who lost a loved one in the 9/11 attacks (ABC News, Thursday)

              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 30, 2009
                His sons were saying a few things about their father not being perfect, far from it in fact, but that he believed in the power of redemption and that every day when something was brought to his attention he tried to make amends....to me this is the consciousness soul gesture in the world.

                All good things,

> [...]

                > circumstances if political efforts to repress this moral error led to
                > greater perils to social peace and order.'
                > >
                > > The more I consider the greatness, coolness, clearness, agreeing or
                > not agreeing, in some of the top Jesuit teachers, not their essoterists,
                > I find them so well aligned with the Rabbinical thinking! It's just that
                > they understand Jesus to have come but the thinking, the push in both of
                > these religious mannerisims are one after the other in a way. The Jesuit
                > scholars and the Rabbis have really brought a clear thinking, again
                > agreeing or not with what they share is besides the point, to the moral
                > elements of the Bible.
                > >
                > > All good things,
                > > Dottie
                > >
                > > "If there is something more powerful than destiny, this must be the
                > human being who bears destiny unshaken." Rudolf Steiner

                <*> Your email settings:
                    Individual Email | Traditional

                <*> To change settings online go to:
                    (Yahoo! ID required)

                <*> To change settings via email:
                    mailto:anthroposophy_tomorrow-digest@yahoogroups.com
                    mailto:anthroposophy_tomorrow-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              • val2160
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 31, 2009
                  Also on Saturday:

                  MEXICO CITY, Aug. 30, 2009

                  Jackson Fans Stage Massive 'Thriller'

                  World Record Claimed as Nearly 13,000 (Including Zombies) Recreate Dance on Singer's Birthday

                  (AP) Thousands of Mexicans claimed they broke the record for most people dancing to "Thriller" simultaneously in one place on Saturday, which would have been Michael Jackson's 51st birthday.

                  The majority of the fans wore the singer's trademark black fedora, white gloves and aviator shades for the mass re-enactment of the groundbreaking 1983 video in front of Mexico City's Monument of the Revolution.

                  Cheers went up as organizers told the crowd that they "beat it," with 12,937 people putting their best foot forward.

                  The current record was set in May by a group of students in Virginia, according to the Guinness Book of World Records.

                  Guinness must now certify whether the Mexican fans really performed the entire, intricate dance routine. It was expected to announce its final decision in a week's time.

                  Saturday's mass dance in Revolution Plaza had its roots in a Facebook group that was joined by thousands of fans.

                  Organizers held rehearsals for several Sundays leading up to the attempt, and posted a YouTube video for those who wanted to practice but could not attend in person.

                  The rainy start to the afternoon failed to deter the fans, who withstood the inclement weather to get in a few final practices with their dance steps before the formal attempt.

                  The downpour let up in time.

                  "Yes, there's a lot of chaos," said Viridiana Cabrera, who came dressed in full zombie make-up.

                  "But the truth is that to be in an event like this one on Michael Jackson's birthday is, well, unique," she added.

                  Jackson impersonator Hector Jackson said the fans gathered in the capital on Saturday had done Mexico proud.

                  "We raised high the name of Mexico, that was the best," he said.

                  http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/08/30/entertainment/main5275048.shtml?tag=cbsContent;cbsCarousel

                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 31, 2009
                    --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "elfuncle" <coolvibes@...> wrote:

                    > I picked up an earlier note of mine, "Rudolf Steiner blasts monotheism -- again!" and developed it into a blog article, basically chewing out a small chunk of the superstitious, egotripping, irrational balderdash better known as Christian beliefs, throwing their own Bible at them.
                    >
                    > http://uncletaz.blogspot.com/2009/08/end-of-world.html
                    >
                    > Tarjei

                    The Apocalypse will arrive...  ...when they try to remake THIS movie!