On Mars Day parallels to AT

  • eyecueco
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 6 9:05 AM
      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, Jo Ann Schwartz <
      sr_joanna@y...> wrote:
      > Tuesday of Holy Week : Mars Day
      > Emil Bock
      > The Three Years

      Jo Ann,

      Thanks for sending these in (and thanks to Liz for
      saving these scans over the years).

      Rereading Mars Day several paragraphs stood
      out as relevant to what is currently going on at AT,
      so I am going to take the liberty of reposting, a few
      excerpts as I think they apply to all of us here,
      and are worth thinking reflectively:

      "Just as dogs bark and bite only when they are afraid, so
      these ostensible questions, which are really arrows of
      hate, are the outcome of fear."

      " It is the downfall of a whole world that the
      Christ sets before their souls. The division,
      manifest all day between the hostile opponents
      and the little band striving for discipleship--this
      too becomes translucent. The history of the
      world will bring nothing less than a great
      dividing of mankind. Some strive towards
      the divine; others strive against it. And
      no matter how imposing what is accomplished
      on earth by the antagonists, it is only the
      outcome of a hidden fear. "

      Again, because it is relevant...

      "The history of the world will bring nothing
      less than a great dividing of mankind. Some strive
      towards the divine; others strive against it. And
      no matter how imposing what is accomplished on
      earth by the antagonists, it is only the outcome of
      a hidden fear."

      Christ told use two thousand years ago a division
      of humanity will come about, a division into two _races_,
      the good race and and the evil race in the distant future.
      Was Christ a racist? :-)

      "Some day the Bridegroom of the soul will come;
      some day the One who entrusted the talents to
      his servants when He went way, will come again
      to claim the reckoning."

      "The words of the Tuesday in Holy Week, taken
      together, are wonderfully relevant to every battle
      of light with darkness, every struggle for Christian
      discipleship in conflict with Christ's enemies."

      "Goethe's statement that world history is nothing
      else than a continuous fight of belief against
      unbelief touches the truth that is given in all
      detail during the Tuesday of Holy Week."

      "The battle is not necessarily fought by one group
      of men against another. It must be carried on
      within ourselves."

      And, again...

      "It must be carried on within ourselves."

      (Just because some of us belief Steiner's Christologies
      doesn't mean we don't fall prey daily, several times a day
      to our own struggle. Christ would never have said to his
      Mars opponents some of the things said to PS and those
      considered 'the opponents" here. :-( He did not name call,
      and deride and I feel increasingly sad to see this increasing
      at AT, to be honest.
      It sure doesn't reflect well on eitherSteiner, or our
      position, imo.
      Do we love our opponents as Christ did His?
      If not, why not?)

      "In each human soul fear and courage, opposition
      to Christ and discipleship of Christ, are mingled."

      Paulina