RE: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Re: Steiner on sociopaths

  • Sonjia Michaels
    Message 1 of 68 , Aug 15, 2009
      Wow, I think AMORC has been maligned in much the same way Anthroposophy has.  I studied the Alchemical Wedding of Christian Rosenkrantz through AMORC.  And the Kabalah.  The current Imperator of AMORC lives in and works from France.  I haven't been a member in a very long time anyway.  Again, I might question that the rumors about AMORC you have all heard came from the other group -- the Rosicrucians in California.

      I also believe Blavatsky has been maligned -- Steiner even writes (or lectures) about her being in possession of  the BOOK OF DYZAN, which she used in writing the Secret Doctrine.  I agree, however that after her death, her followers went in a quite different direction than one I would follow.

      From: elfuncle <coolvibes@uncletaz. com>
      To: anthroposophy_ tomorrow@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Saturday, August 15, 2009, 1:58 PM

      I was a member of AMORC in the early seventies -- a bad mistake. They were into some bizarre left-handed type occult hypnotism, showing a picture of some politician on the back of their magazine every month whom the members were supposed to influence with suggestive thinking, and I suspected them also of practicing this kind of stuff on their members, telling them to sit in front of a mirror and meditate at a specific hour.

      Other than that creepy stuff, AMORC was such a bore, and it was best summed up by Leonard Cohen when he sang in his old classic, "Dress Rehearsal Rag":

      "Why don't you join the Rosicrucians,
      they can give you back your hope,
      you can find your love with diagrams
      on a plain brown envelope."

      Tarjei

      Message 68 of 68 , Aug 19, 2009
        --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, Richard W <compostking75@...> wrote:

        > What exactly do you take issue with in my last paragraph of my last post?  True, there are no wild cows, or wild broccoli, or whatever.  I think that is the point.  We plant seeds to eat, we raise animals for milk/meat, etc.  You may say that it was wrong to ever "domesticate" an animal, but where does that leave us now?  We are still responsible for them.  Do you think we should let them go extinct?  I am not trying to be sarcastic...just stating what I see as the end result of that logic.  I'm sure you see it differently, but I can't imagine what your answer would be....so feel free to enlighten me.

        Richard,
        There's a big difference between broccoli and cows, the latter being sentient beings. Once there must have been wild ancestor cows, but the deformities (meat/milk machines) we call cows are practically man-made. Yes, we plant seeds to eat: fine, it's necessary and it's good; and yes, we raise animals for milk, meat, etc. None of these are necessary or good. In fact meat in unhealthy and milk is dubious. Furthermore, the land and water required for their subsistence, which would otherwise be cultivated, is as uneconomical as it gets. So the industry involved is cruel but not unusual punishment. And I do *not* say it's wrong to domesticate animals. I have 4 dogs and 5 cats and I have no intention of eating any of them. What should we do with the cows, pigs et al? Yes, let them go extinct, at least in their present unnatural form!