Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Benny in the Bathtub Bulletin

Expand Messages
  • Ben Gilberti
    Attached is the July Issue of the Prosperos Newsletter [Bathtub Bulletin] in which I m featured with two articles I wrote, Infinity Resonating in Finite
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 27, 2009
    • 1 Attachment
    • 2.2 MB
    Attached is the July Issue of the Prosperos Newsletter [Bathtub Bulletin] in which I'm featured with two articles I wrote, "Infinity Resonating in Finite Definition," and "God and Watermelon", and and a handful of other articles and jokes I've submitted to the publication. 

    The Prosperos was the organization that trained me in Fourth Way Ontological Mysticism, beginning in 1971, certifying me to teach the subject in 1976.

    Both above mentioned articles, however, reflect relatively new Vichara insights. 

    Much Love, 

    Ben  

    http://bengilberti.com






  • Frank Thomas Smith
    ... Hi Ben, Sounds like the Greek (and anthroposophical) Man, know thyself . What does, however, seem strange to me is when you say that knowledge is not
    Message 2 of 6 , Jul 27, 2009
    • 0 Attachment
      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, Ben Gilberti <b7gilberti@...> wrote:
      >
      > Attached is the July Issue of the Prosperos Newsletter [Bathtub Bulletin]
      > in which I'm featured with two articles I wrote, "Infinity Resonating
      > in Finite Definition," and "God and Watermelon", and and a handful of
      > other articles and jokes I've submitted to the publication. 
      >
      > The
      > Prosperos was the organization that trained me in Fourth Way
      > Ontological Mysticism, beginning in 1971, certifying me to teach the
      > subject in 1976.
      >
      > Both above mentioned articles, however, reflect relatively new Vichara insights. 
      Hi Ben,
      Sounds like the Greek (and anthroposophical) "Man, know thyself". What does, however, seem strange to me is when you say that knowledge is not necessary.
      Frank
    • Mike helsher
      ... Good question Frank, and something that has been on my mind lately: the idea of knowledge itself, and its correlation with discernment. Steiner suggested
      Message 3 of 6 , Jul 28, 2009
      • 0 Attachment
        --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Thomas Smith" <eltrigal78@...> wrote:
        >
        > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, Ben Gilberti <b7gilberti@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Attached is the July Issue of the Prosperos Newsletter [Bathtub Bulletin]
        > > in which I'm featured with two articles I wrote, "Infinity Resonating
        > > in Finite Definition," and "God and Watermelon", and and a handful of
        > > other articles and jokes I've submitted to the publication. 
        > >
        > > The
        > > Prosperos was the organization that trained me in Fourth Way
        > > Ontological Mysticism, beginning in 1971, certifying me to teach the
        > > subject in 1976.
        > >
        > > Both above mentioned articles, however, reflect relatively new Vichara insights. 
        > Hi Ben,
        > Sounds like the Greek (and anthroposophical) "Man, know thyself". What does, however, seem strange to me is when you say that knowledge is not necessary.
        > Frank
        >

        Good question Frank, and something that has been on my mind lately: the idea of knowledge itself, and its correlation with discernment. Steiner suggested the sacrifice of thoughts, which is to throw them into the fire. From our linear perspective, this is completely baffling, to me anyways. We acquire all this completely personal "characterological disposition" as these individual life experiences progress, and then we're asked to throw it all in the fire. I guess you get to see and feel what's left, but I'm a bit dumb founded buy the experience, and I have no words that can explain it. But here I am, writing these words.

        Best

        Mike
      • Jorge Rey
        Hello Mike, when Steiner lectured about the Lords prayer, did referred to such sacrifice? here the quote... ...One may picture this “great sacrifice,” the
        Message 4 of 6 , Jul 29, 2009
        • 0 Attachment
          Hello Mike, when Steiner lectured about the Lords prayer, did referred to such sacrifice? here the quote...

          ...One may picture this “great sacrifice,” the highest expression of will in divine nature, by imagining oneself before a mirror in which one's image is reflected. This image is, of course, an illusion, a semblance. Now carry over this image to the point of imagining yourself dying, sacrificing your existence, your feeling and thought, your very being, to inject life into that image. Spiritual science in all ages has called this phenomenon the “outpouring,” “the emanation.” If you could really make this sacrifice, it would be clear that you would no longer be here because you would have given up your whole being to this reflected image to imbue it with life and consciousness.

          When the will has become capable of making the “great sacrifice,” it actually creates a universe, great or small, whose mission is bestowed upon it by its creator. Such is the creative will in the Divine Being...


          Jorge




          From: Mike helsher <mhelsher@...>
          To: anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com
          Sent: Wednesday, July 29, 2009 1:13:48 AM
          Subject: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Re: Benny in the Bathtub Bulletin

           

          --- In anthroposophy_ tomorrow@ yahoogroups. com, "Frank Thomas Smith" <eltrigal78@ ...> wrote:
          >
          > --- In anthroposophy_ tomorrow@ yahoogroups. com, Ben Gilberti <b7gilberti@ > wrote:
          > >
          > > Attached is the July Issue of the Prosperos Newsletter [Bathtub Bulletin]
          > > in which I'm featured with two articles I wrote, "Infinity Resonating
          > > in Finite Definition," and "God and Watermelon", and and a handful of
          > > other articles and jokes I've submitted to the publication. 
          > >
          > > The
          > > Prosperos was the organization that trained me in Fourth Way
          > > Ontological Mysticism, beginning in 1971, certifying me to teach the
          > > subject in 1976.
          > >
          > > Both above mentioned articles, however, reflect relatively new Vichara insights. 
          > Hi Ben,
          > Sounds like the Greek (and anthroposophical) "Man, know thyself". What does, however, seem strange to me is when you say that knowledge is not necessary.
          > Frank
          >

          Good question Frank, and something that has been on my mind lately: the idea of knowledge itself, and its correlation with discernment. Steiner suggested the sacrifice of thoughts, which is to throw them into the fire. From our linear perspective, this is completely baffling, to me anyways. We acquire all this completely personal "characterological disposition" as these individual life experiences progress, and then we're asked to throw it all in the fire. I guess you get to see and feel what's left, but I'm a bit dumb founded buy the experience, and I have no words that can explain it. But here I am, writing these words.

          Best

          Mike

        • Ben Gilberti
          Hi Frank. I m almost certain that the knowledge that is not necessary, is intellectual or conceptual knowledge, rather than the knowledge that arises from
          Message 5 of 6 , Jul 29, 2009
          • 0 Attachment
            Hi Frank.

            I'm almost certain that the "knowledge" that is not necessary, is intellectual or conceptual knowledge, rather than the knowledge that arises from the direct experience of something, like "knowing" the taste of watermelon by eating a piece rather than by trying to "know" its taste by listening to a superb lecture about it.

            :x

            --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Thomas Smith" <eltrigal78@...> wrote:
            >
            > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, Ben Gilberti b7gilberti@ wrote:
            > >
            > > Attached is the July Issue of the Prosperos Newsletter [Bathtub Bulletin]
            > > in which I'm featured with two articles I wrote, "Infinity Resonating
            > > in Finite Definition," and "God and Watermelon", and and a handful of
            > > other articles and jokes I've submitted to the publication. 
            > >
            > > The
            > > Prosperos was the organization that trained me in Fourth Way
            > > Ontological Mysticism, beginning in 1971, certifying me to teach the
            > > subject in 1976.
            > >
            > > Both above mentioned articles, however, reflect relatively new Vichara insights. 
            > Hi Ben,
            > Sounds like the Greek (and anthroposophical) "Man, know thyself". What does, however, seem strange to me is when you say that knowledge is not necessary.
            > Frank
            >
          • Kim Graae Munch
            Hi, Maybe the difference lies in the difference between using the Consciousness soul and using Intellectual soul. Kim ... From:
            Message 6 of 6 , Jul 29, 2009
            • 0 Attachment
              Message
              Hi,
              Maybe the difference lies in the difference between using the Consciousness soul and using Intellectual soul.
              Kim
              -----Original Message-----
              From: anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com [mailto:anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Ben Gilberti
              Sent: Wednesday, July 29, 2009 4:48 PM
              To: anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com
              Subject: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Re: Benny in the Bathtub Bulletin

               

              Hi Frank.

              I'm almost certain that the "knowledge" that is not necessary, is intellectual or conceptual knowledge, rather than the knowledge that arises from the direct experience of something, like "knowing" the taste of watermelon by eating a piece rather than by trying to "know" its taste by listening to a superb lecture about it.

              :x

              --- In anthroposophy_ tomorrow@ yahoogroups. com, "Frank Thomas Smith" <eltrigal78@. ..> wrote:
              >
              > --- In anthroposophy_ tomorrow@ yahoogroups. com, Ben Gilberti b7gilberti@ wrote:
              > >
              > > Attached is the July Issue of the Prosperos Newsletter [Bathtub Bulletin]
              > > in which I'm featured with two articles I wrote, "Infinity Resonating
              > > in Finite Definition," and "God and Watermelon", and and a handful of
              > > other articles and jokes I've submitted to the publication. 
              > >
              > > The
              > > Prosperos was the organization that trained me in Fourth Way
              > > Ontological Mysticism, beginning in 1971, certifying me to teach the
              > > subject in 1976.
              > >
              > > Both above mentioned articles, however, reflect relatively new Vichara insights. 
              > Hi Ben,
              > Sounds like the Greek (and anthroposophical) "Man, know thyself". What does, however, seem strange to me is when you say that knowledge is not necessary.
              > Frank
              >

            Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.