Judith von Halle in Dornach

  • ottmar12
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 9 12:36 PM
      I happened to see Judith von Halle in Dornach, in the great hall of the Goetheanum. There she spoke as one of many lecturers during the Whitsun conference. I didn't attend this conference, I accompanied someone who had never been to Dornach, in the Goetheanum before. The great hall there seats about 950 people and I think a few hundred people attended the conference, but for Judith von Halle the Goetheanum was sold out. People came from as far as Milan, Italy, France, distant parts of Germany. (far distances in Europe mean some hundred not thousand kilometres.)

      It´s not the first time that she spoke in the Goetheanum, the Vorstand is sharply divided about her. Prokofieff wrote a sharp book against her, criticizing everybody with stigmata, even denouncing Francesco Assisi. There was much written about this book, in blogs and anthro magazines and at least one book against Prokofieff´s book. But you English speaking folks haven't missed much with these books and comments. Anyway, JvH is supported by at least 1 member of the Vorstand and she was invited by her. There is also much talk about JvH and her group, opening a study centre in Dornach. They seem to have found a big sponsor for this million Euro project. No need to tell about enthusiastic and fuming folks in the rooms of the Vorstand and from LA to OZ.

      In the beginning of her lecture it was difficult for her, I felt, to overcome scepticism, rejection by many in the audience. (Anyone who has experience with giving lectures knows about these astral struggles and phenomena.) Later she had won the audience and it was dead silence, even at the end of the lecture for quite a while.

      As you know she claims to have or use 3 sources of inspiration or information for her lectures, 1 the study of the work of Rudolf Steiner 2 her clearvoyance which she had ever since her childhood (as she says) and 3 her timetravels (which began with her stigmatisation) to the time of the Mystery of Golgotha. When I heard her 2 or 3 years ago, you could clearly distinguish or realize what her sources were on different parts of her lecture. When she had as a basis source number 1, it was traditional anthro talk, like many many lectures you had heard before, when it was source 3 timetravel, her voice, appearance and language, ductus etc was completely different. Now in 2009, in the Goetheanum, you couldn´t distinguish between sources 1, 2 and 3. You had to know Rudolf Steiner very very well and most of the eyewitness accounts of people who surrounded Rudolf Steiner, otherwise you didn´t know whether it were her ideas or GA, some hidden remarks in one of the 350 volumes RS and dozends of historic books.

      I don´t want to retell her lecture, but for some time now she doesn´t only tell about the Mystery of Golgotha, but she tells remarkable things about the first Goetheanum and the collaboration between Rudolf Steiner and Edith Maryon. She touched upon the subjects: who were the leaders on the building site of the first Goetheanum, especially when Rudolf Steiner wasn´t there, answer: Edith Maryon was explicitly given the last word, then the astral protection during the first 7 years of the Goetheanum ( it was a very special soul who gave that protection coat and Rudolf Steiner made a drawing, precise to the metre, as how large this protection coat was), then why the wooden sculpture of The Christ and Luzifer and Ahriman were never transferred into the first Goetheanum and about the 3 parts of the Goetheanum, similar to the Salomo temple, forecourt, the holy and the most holy, and on how the ritual, solemn opening of the Goetheanum was planned by Rudolf Steiner (that´s one subject which you won´t find in the books.)
      Ottmar
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 10 12:50 PM
        --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "ottmar12" <ottmar12@...> wrote:

        > I happened to see Judith von Halle in Dornach, in the great hall of the Goetheanum.... (snip)

        I was also in Dornach, for one day. There were eurythmy performances by graduating groups from Israel, Finland, South Africa and the U.S. Considering that they were beginners, I thought the were very good. Except for the U.S. they were small in number, as little as 3. It was originally scheduled for the Great Hall, but for some reason took place in the Grundstein (little) hall- a mistake, because the place was packed. The U.S. group of about 20 was spectacular. The other groups did a lot of Beethoven, Brahms, although the Israels included some Hebrew recitation. I whispered to my wife before the U.S. group began (the finale): I hope it's not Beethoven nd Brahms. Guess what it was. Beethoven, Dvorak, an English poet. Jeez, I thought, doesn't the U.S. have musicians and poets? Even the director, who intruduced them, was a Brit, and a German broad explained everything in German. We've often heard the complaint that anthroposophy is eurocentric, which I have rebutted, but in this case it was. Whitman, Gershwin, Copeland, fe, would be perfect for eurythmy.