Re: Anthroposophy and Psychognosis

  • ottmar12
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 9 11:38 AM
      The word Anthroposophia is much older, in fact. The first martyr of the Classical Rosicrucians, Adam Haslmayr wrote a book with that title before or after 1610. He was sentences to many years on a galley, because of his connections to the Rosicrucian circle in Tuebingen, around Tobias Hess, who was the spiritus rector there, Johann Valentin Andreae, Schickart and others. Meanwhile an even earlier use of that term anthroposophia was found, but I forgot where, it was if I recall correctly Heinrich Agrippa von Nettesheim or Johann Trithemius, both a century before Haslmayr.
      Rudolf Steiner took up this term to show the contrast to the Theosophia, wisdom of God and wisdom of Man.