Re: Judith von Halle

  • Kim
    Message 1 of 199 , Jul 6, 2009
      Hi Frank,
      Did you meet her?
      Regards,
      Kim

      <eltrigal78@...> wrote:

      > Neither do I have any strong opinions about Judith von Halle, because
      I do not know her personally and I don't see how anyone can either
      accept or reject her claim to having stigmata and permanent fasting
      without knowing her. I don't know if Prokofieff knows her, but I doubt
      it. His position seems to be that the stigmata phenomenon is atavistic
      and therefore incompatible with with anthroposophy, whereas Judith
      closely associates herself with anthroposophy. I think that Dottie
      jumped the gun in associating her with Tomberg or the Catholic Church.
      In the two books by her I've read - "Und wäre Er nicht
      auferstanden..." ("And had He not resurrected..."and the one about the
      Christ statue at the Goetheanum - the former being the most interesting)
      there is no mention that I can remember of either Tomberg or the
      Catholic Church. Dottie's prejudice may have to do with the fact that
      Prokofieff rejects her and that previous known stigmatics were
      Catholics, such as Anne Catherine Emmerich
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anne_Catherine_Emmerich ---unless she knows
      something I don't. Btw, I expect to be in Berlin sometime this year and
      will try to meet her.

      > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "elfuncle" coolvibes@
      wrote:

      > > I backtracked this thread to Frank's original post before the circus
      > > kicked in and everything went haywire (and I certainly take my share
      of
      > > blame for that), but here are my comments:
      > >
      > > I don't have any strong opinions one way or another about Judith von
      > > Halle's stigmata, just like I had no strong opinions about the claim
      > > made some years ago by a Swedish lady that she was the reincarnation
      of
      > > Anne Frank. Controversial claims come with the territory what
      spiritual
      > > science is concerned, and students of anthroposophy, whether they
      are
      > > personally involved in anthroposophical work (medicine, agriculture,
      > > education) or not, are all free to form their own private
      opinions.And
      > > if anyone likes to call such a claim "the end of anthroposophy,"
      "the
      > > end of civilization," or "the end of the universe," they're free to
      do
      > > so. It doesn't mean that it's the end of anarchosophy or the death
      of
      > > Uncle Taz, for instance. It's more like that song with Crosby and
      > > Sinatra, "Have you heard, it's in the stars / Next July we collide
      with
      > > Mars / Did you ever....."
      > >
      > > I seem to recall that according to RS, Francis of Assissi possessed
      the
      > > astral body of Christ, which made it possible for him to go through
      that
      > > incredible transformation as a young man, and to have a healing
      effect
      > > upon Europe to the extent that he actually stopped the spread of
      > > leoprosy, and close to the very end of this life, he identified
      himself
      > > with his Savior so strongly that he got the stigmata.
      > >
      > > I have too little knowledge of Judith von Halle's personal holiness
      > > have any opinion about it one way or another, except that I don't
      think
      > > she'll bring an end to civilization and anthroposophy and cause the
      sun
      > > to go nova, unless she's so hot that she's responsible for global
      > > warming.
      > >
      > > The problem with the Catholic church is that it goes against
      science,
      > > and also against spiritual science, by pushing a system of
      "miracles"
      > > that goes contrary to natural and spiritual laws and is therefore an
      > > offense against the Spirit of the Age.
      > >
      > > Tarjei
      > >

      > > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Thomas Smith"
      > > <eltrigal78@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > A couple of issues ago in "Das Goetheanum" a guy named Dietrich
      Rapp
      > > wrote a review of Sergei Prokofieff's latest book: "Das Mysterium
      der
      > > Auferstehung im lichte der Anthroposophie" (The Resurrection Mystery
      in
      > > the Light of Anthroposophy), in which he criticized the part of the
      book
      > > dealing with the stigmata phenomenon. Basically Prokofieff says it
      is
      > > atavistic and has nothing to do with anthroposophy. But he only uses
      > > examples from the past, not mentioning Judith von Halle, the current
      > > stigmatized anthroposophist. So Rapp calls him dishonest, as he is
      > > obviously referring to Judith without naming her. Then in a later
      issue,
      > > Prokofieff answers the criticism saying that he only wanted to be
      > > objective without personalizing. He also says stigmatization has no
      > > place in Anthroposophy and von Halle's claim that she bears the
      > > resurrection body means, for him, "the end of anthroposophy". So
      Rapp

      Message 199 of 199 , Aug 5 7:15 AM
        Not too long ago women were burned at the stake or hung for being witches. Evidence was based on certain demonic animals, such as black cats, were attracted to them or if they had strangely shaped moles on their bodies. It is obvious that none of these things are remotely connected to witchcraft. I would say that your sudden toxicity to the "buggers" has just as much (nothing) to do with Judith von H. Or perhaps you're a witch as well as a farmer and a veterinarian. (Don't mind me, I can't help it.)
        Frank