Golden Thread

  • write3chairs
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2009
      I am happy to see this group come to life again!
      Nice to hear from Dick and also from the
      anthro-veterans who have been haunting this
      board for years now. ;)
      Oh yeah, I am one of those, too.

      Isn't it interesting how the work of Rudolf Steiner
      draws people from so many different walks of life?
      I sometimes come back to the idea of a
      "golden thread," like the mythological one
      Ariadne gave to Theseus which he used to
      find his way out of the Minotaur's labyrinth.
      It may be "just a story," but it still illustrates
      a common concept of an idea that has the
      potential for salvation within it.

      My golden thread these days is learning about
      trauma and healing, from the perspective of
      Peter A. Levine. I am reading his book,
      "Waking the Tiger," in which he shatters
      some myths about "the painful reliving of
      memories" and their ability to help in the
      healing process. What brings about healing
      is actually releasing that bound up energy,
      which was frozen there at the time of
      the traumatic event.

      Levine writes: "I believe that the key to
      healing traumatic symptoms in humans lies
      in our being able to mirror the fluid adaptation
      of wild animals as they shake out and pass
      through the immobility [freezing] response
      and become fully mobile and functioning again."

      Well, I am not sure how this relates to
      Rudolf Steiner, but here on the eve of the 4th of July,
      maybe someone will find a connection. :)

      Love,
      Jenny