Re: Good Anger?

  • write3chairs
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 17, 2009
      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Kim" wrote:

      > Anybody can become angry, that is easy; but to be angry with the right
      > person, and to the right degree, and at the right time, and for the
      > right purpose, and in the right way, that is not within everybody's
      > power and is not easy.
      > Aristotle

      What a great quote, Kim! Very thought provoking.
      I wonder about the context of this. Do you know?
      Was he speaking to a specific instance of anger?

      Jenny
    • Kim
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 17, 2009
        No, I found it when looking for Hanlon's Razor.

        It liked the quote as it had a special significance for me.

        As a young boy I got easy angry, I was an easy victim of teasing, but that ended when I came in the teen's.

        Twenty year ago a manager had disappointed me, so I was angry and couldn't sleep in three days, before I told him what I thought about the problem. Then he told me how to behave in a private company, but three dayes later I became a raise. That was the last time I was uncontrolled angry, I had learned not to have bigger trust in a person than he could bear.

        I few years later a system administrater was scolding my group because we had used one of his chairs, calling us thieves and other things like that. I could then feel the anger, but I had it so much under control that I could decide if I wanted to use it or not. I chose to use it and I told him to behave, angry but under full control. From that time he became extremely serviceminded toward me, which wasn't his normal behavior. I havent had any need for anger since.

        I think it's a good example for Aristotle quote.

        Kim