Good Anger?

  • Kim
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 17, 2009
      Anybody can become angry, that is easy; but to be angry with the right person, and to the right degree, and at the right time, and for the right purpose, and in the right way, that is not within everybody's power and is not easy.
      Aristotle
    • write3chairs
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 17, 2009
        --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Kim" wrote:

        > Anybody can become angry, that is easy; but to be angry with the right
        > person, and to the right degree, and at the right time, and for the
        > right purpose, and in the right way, that is not within everybody's
        > power and is not easy.
        > Aristotle

        What a great quote, Kim! Very thought provoking.
        I wonder about the context of this. Do you know?
        Was he speaking to a specific instance of anger?

        Jenny
      • Kim
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 17, 2009
          No, I found it when looking for Hanlon's Razor.

          It liked the quote as it had a special significance for me.

          As a young boy I got easy angry, I was an easy victim of teasing, but that ended when I came in the teen's.

          Twenty year ago a manager had disappointed me, so I was angry and couldn't sleep in three days, before I told him what I thought about the problem. Then he told me how to behave in a private company, but three dayes later I became a raise. That was the last time I was uncontrolled angry, I had learned not to have bigger trust in a person than he could bear.

          I few years later a system administrater was scolding my group because we had used one of his chairs, calling us thieves and other things like that. I could then feel the anger, but I had it so much under control that I could decide if I wanted to use it or not. I chose to use it and I told him to behave, angry but under full control. From that time he became extremely serviceminded toward me, which wasn't his normal behavior. I havent had any need for anger since.

          I think it's a good example for Aristotle quote.

          Kim