Bullshit in the Abyss

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 12, 2009
      There's some mindless bullshit going on in the Abyss these days about this forum, dragging my name into it for some reason, after the AT moderator removed Mason because of his repeated insistence on brandishing Bondarev's anti-Semitism and holocaust denial. He forwards the moderator email to Tom Mellett, who then publishes it in the hole, where everyone is morally shocked about the alleged absence of conscience among Anthroposophy Tomorrow people because Tom claims that the only reason why holocaust deniers won't be tolerated, is that holefolks are among the readers.

      Tom, of course, has no moral scruples it seems, because he is a very cosy collaborator with Peter Staudenmaier, whose historical revisionism is very similar to that of David Irving. He is obviously equally cosy with Mason, who would otherwise not have written to him.

      I don't understand why membership in this now dead forum is such a matter of life and death for some people. No blame on you Mikael, I see nothing inappropriate about your emails or your actions, quite the contrary. In the past, this forum has always endeavored to err on the side of free speech, no matter how outrageous, as long as there were enough active participants to counter such stuff. But with a dead forum, extreme wackos, racists and nutjobs have to go, so you have Uncle Taz' blessing, Mikael.

      The holefolks will never get a life but keep bickering and growling with hatred and hostility against everything anthroposophical until the end of their days, so be it; others will never tire of attracting attention to themselves by playing intellectual games with these hostilities, and others again will never know what kind of asses they make of themselves by promoting racism, anti-Semitism, and Staudenmaier-styled historical revisionism.

      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 13, 2009
        Taz, this list is not dead its just catching its breath and its rhythm. Its' a good thing. Who cares about the Abyss really, its just ignorance that's all. My friends who were checking out Waldorf just thought these people were just a discredit to humanity the way they offer their disputes, and this is an agnostic.

        His child is now in Waldorf kindy and he and his wife are so frieken happy to be at the parent meetings where they get to deepen their own sense of being in the world...it was through this child that they found Anthroposophy...he told them he had been fighting with me for years regarding Rudolf Steiner's work and now he's at the age where he can hear what I was trying to share...its very very cool. My niece is working to get her child in Waldorf as well...its pretty incredible to me how just beautifully and organically they are arriving at these decisions. I tell them about how they have to challenge a teacher in the sense if they are bothered by something just as they would challenge anyone with an understanding that there are definitely going to be differences. I share with them about the reading at a later stage and because all of these peole have gone through such horrors at public schools and because of the way the decadence in the world is moving today they really are embracing this methodology...its very cool.

        Not only that but people, whether they are putting their child in Waldorf or not are realizing that Steiner's teachers really know their stuff when it comes to rhythms of the childhood and teenage years as well as the whole toxic environment we live in regarding plastics, tv. etc. They are looking to Steiner for his understanding on these things...it is very very encouraging is all I have to say.

        All good things again,

        All good things,

[...]

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            mailto:anthroposophy_tomorrow-digest@yahoogroups.com
            mailto:anthroposophy_tomorrow-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • write3chairs
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 13, 2009
          --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "elfuncle" wrote:

          > There's some mindless bullshit going on in the Abyss

          Now that IS morally shocking news, Tarjei. Imagine that!

          > these days about this forum, dragging my name into it
          > for some reason, after the AT moderator removed Mason
          > because of his repeated insistence on brandishing
          > Bondarev's anti-Semitism and holocaust denial.
          > He forwards the moderator email to Tom Mellett,
          > who then publishes it in the hole, where everyone
          > is morally shocked about the alleged absence of conscience
          > among Anthroposophy Tomorrow people because Tom claims
          > that the only reason why holocaust deniers won't be
          > tolerated, is that holefolks are among the readers.
          >
          > Tom, of course, has no moral scruples it seems, because
          > he is a very cosy collaborator with Peter Staudenmaier,
          > whose historical revisionism is very similar to that of
          > David Irving. He is obviously equally cosy with Mason,
          > who would otherwise not have written to him.
          >
          > I don't understand why membership in this now dead forum
          > is such a matter of life and death for some people. No blame
          > on you Mikael, I see nothing inappropriate about your emails
          > or your actions, quite the contrary. In the past, this forum
          > has always endeavored to err on the side of free speech,
          > no matter how outrageous, as long as there were enough
          > active participants to counter such stuff. But with a dead
          > forum, extreme wackos, racists and nutjobs have to go,
          > so you have Uncle Taz' blessing, Mikael.

          Since when did this become a "dead forum," Tarjei?

          Who died? Do tell, so we can send condolences and flowers!

          Jennty