About those Fractal Zooms . . .

  • Ben Gilberti
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 2, 2009
      About those Best Fractal Zooms  They involve trillions of iterations of an extremely simple formula ----  z=z^2+c  ---- in the complex number plane.  The complex number plane boggles the mind, because the x-coordinate are real numbers, and the y-coordinate are "imaginary numbers," or numbers based on the square root of minus one, and there is no such thing as the square root of minus one which is why they are called "imaginary numbers."

      No point in trying to imagine that because it's inherently unimaginable.  That's right, "imaginary numbers" are unimaginable!  But there before our eyes are those fractal zooms in all their amazingly limitless complexity, detail and strange beauty, thumbing their noses at our inability to comprehend.

      http://bengilberti.com

      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 3, 2009
        --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Ben Gilberti" <b7gilberti@...> wrote:

        > About those Best Fractal Zooms
        > <http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=D3041B51C52D9B5C> They
        > involve trillions of iterations of an extremely simple formula ----
        > z=z^2+c ---- in the complex number plane. The complex number plane
        > boggles the mind, because the x-coordinate are real numbers, and the
        > y-coordinate are "imaginary numbers," or numbers based on the square
        > root of minus one, and there is no such thing as the square root of
        > minus one which is why they are called "imaginary numbers."
        >
        > No point in trying to imagine that because it's inherently unimaginable.
        > That's right, "imaginary numbers" are unimaginable! But there before
        > our eyes are those fractal zooms in all their amazingly limitless
        > complexity, detail and strange beauty, thumbing their noses at our
        > inability to comprehend.

        This will clear up EVERYTHING.
        http://southerncrossreview.org/Ebooks/ebfractal2.htm
        fRANK