Re: Singularity Revisited

    Message 1 of 19 , Jun 2, 2009
      On the other hand, Jennifer, we also have this:

       http://wn.rsarchive.org/Books/GA026/English/RSP1973/GA026_c29.html

      183. In the age of Natural Science, since about the middle of the nineteenth century, the civilised activities of mankind are gradually sliding downward, not only into the lowest regions of Nature, but even beneath Nature. Technical Science and Industry become Sub-Nature.

      184. This makes it urgent for man to find in conscious experience a knowledge of the Spirit, wherein he will rise as high above Nature as in his sub-natural technical activities he sinks beneath her. He will thus create within him the inner strength not to go under.

      185. A past conception of Nature still bore within it the Spirit with which the source of all human evolution is connected. By degrees, this Spirit vanished altogether from man's theory of Nature. The purely Ahrimanic spirit has entered in its place, and passed from theory of Nature into the technical civilisation of mankind.

      ( -- Rudolf Steiner: Anthroposophical Leading Thoughts, From Nature to Sub-Nature [1925], GA 26)

      Tarjei