Re: The Internet and the Spidermesh

  • barbara_penzance
    Message 1 of 19 , Jun 1, 2009
      Hello,
      Yes, this 'interlocking web' is already in place; it's like a grid stretching over the whole earth, and it is what makes spiritual perception so difficult. What science sees as electromagnetic impulses, the clairvoyant can see as a sort of demon-infested net.
      See also this bit:-

      "Well, the whole way in which people construct machines varies greatly according to the nature of the machine in question; but everything tends towards the gradual development of these still imperfect, primitive machines into a kind of machine which depends upon vibrations, and where the aim is to make the machines effective by means of vibrations or oscillations, by means of movements which run a periodic course. Everything is hastening towards such machines. But if once these machines in their coordinated activity could be constructed in such a way as can be learned from the distribution of foodstuffs in the organization of the cow, then the vibrations which would be conjured up on the earth-globe through the machines, these small earth-vibrations, would so run their course that what is above the earth would sound together with, vibrate together with what is happening on the earth; so that our planetary system in its movements would be compelled to vibrate with our earth-system, just as a string tuned to a certain pitch vibrates in sympathy when another one is struck in the same room.

      That is the terrible law of the sounding in unison of vibrations which would be fulfilled if the alluring call of the cow would so decoy the orient that it would then be able to penetrate in an absolutely convincing way into the unspiritual, purely mechanistic civilization of the west and centre; and thereby it would become possible to conjure up on the earth a mechanistic system fitting exactly into the mechanistic system of the universe. Through this everything connected with the working of air, with the forces of the circumference, and everything connected with the working of the stars, would be exterminated from human civilization. What man experiences, for instance, through the cycle of the year, what he experiences through living together with the sprouting, budding life of spring, with the fading, dying life of autumn — all this would lose its import for him. Human civilization would resound with the clattering and rattling of the vibrating machines and with the echo of this clattering and rattling which would stream down upon the earth from the cosmos as a reaction to this mechanisation of the earth."

      The cosmic Beings have found it very hard to get through to humans in the last 7 years, because of this 'net' covering the earth.

      Steiner saw these things a hundred years ago; they weren't 'prophecies' in the sense of forecasts which may or may not happen, they were definite stages which would come about. But because of the failure of "Plan A" for the 20th century, things have been accelerated. We have the War of All Against All (egoism) for instance, right now.
      We also have more power, though. Steiner points out somewhere that Christ's incarnation had to be brought forward by several hundred years; similarly now, although we are facing things which shouldn't have happened for thousands more years, we do have the spiritual strength to cope with them. And evil doesn't last for very long; it has the seeds of its own destruction within it.

      Love, Barbara

      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "lightsearcher1" <lightsearcher1@...> wrote:

> [...]
      >
      > But that can also happen amid conditions of barbarism.
      >
      > Full and complete manhood, however, cannot come to expression in such a
      > form of intellect, and men will have no relationship to the Beings who
      > would fain come towards them in earth-existence.
      >
      > And all those Beings of whom men have such an erroneous conception
      > because the shadowy intellect can only grasp the mineral nature, the
      > crudely material nature in the minerals, plants and animals, nay even in
      > the human kingdom itself — all these thoughts which have no reality
      > will in a trice become substantial realities when the moon unites again
      > with the earth.
      >
      > And from the earth there will spring forth a terrible brood of beings, a
      > brood of automata of an order of existence lying between the mineral and
      > the plant kingdoms, and possessed of an overwhelming power of intellect.
      >
      > This swarm will seize upon the earth, will spread over the earth like a
      > network of ghastly, spider-like creatures, of an order lower than that
      > of plant-existence, but possessed of overpowering wisdom.
      >
      > These spidery creatures will be all interlocked with one another, and in
      > their outward movements they will imitate the thoughts that men have
      > spun out of the shadowy intellect that has not allowed itself to be
      > quickened by the new form of Imaginative Knowledge by Spiritual Science.
      > All the thoughts that lack substance and reality will then be endowed
      > with being.
      >
      > The earth will be surrounded — as it is now with air and as it
      > sometimes is with swarms of locusts — with a brood of terrible
      > spider-like creatures, half-mineral, half-plant, interweaving with
      > masterly intelligence, it is true, but with intensely evil intent.
      >
      > And in so far as man has not allowed his shadowy intellectual concepts
      > to be quickened to life, his existence will be united not with the
      > Beings who have been trying to descend since the last third of the
      > nineteenth century, but with this ghastly brood of half-mineral,
      > half-plantlike creatures. He will have to live together with these
      > spider-like creatures and to continue his cosmic existence within the
      > order of evolution into which this brood will then enter.
      >
      > This is a destiny that is very emphatically part of human evolution upon
      > the earth, and it is quite well known today by many of those who try to
      > hold humanity back from the knowledge of Spiritual Science.
      >
      > For there are men who are actually conscious allies of this process of
      > the entanglement of earth-existence.
      >
      > http://wn.rsarchive.org/Lectures/Dates/19210513p01.html
      >
      > Also see: http://www.waldorflibrary.org/Journal_Articles/PacificJ29.pdf
      >
      > [End quote]
      >
      > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Kim" <kimgm@> wrote:
      > >
      > > This "Superbrain" religion, is part of the Ahrimanian Deception, if
      > you
      > > can make a Superbrain, then man is only an animal, not even better

    • write3chairs
      Message 2 of 19 , Jun 2, 2009
        --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "elfuncle" wrote:

        > I don't understand what you mean by "it's happening."

        What I meant was that technology and science is bearing down on us more all the time. I am reminded of a book my daughter was assigned to read in the math and science academy she attended for her junior and senior year of high school. Prior to the first day of class, all the students were required to read ENOUGH, by Bill McKibben. They also discussed it in small groups over the summer.

> [...]
        >
        > Next time you're listening to your brother's GPS, consider this:
        >
        > http://wn.rsarchive.org/Books/GA010/English/GA010_c02.html
        > <http://wn.rsarchive.org/Books/GA010/English/GA010_c02.html>
        >
        > "The student has also to bestow a further care on the world
        > of sound. He must discriminate between sounds that are produced
        > by the so-called inert (lifeless) bodies, for instance, a bell,
        > or a musical instrument, or a falling mass, and those which
        > proceed from a living creature (an animal or a human being.)
        > When a bell is struck, we hear the sound and connect a pleasant
        > feeling with it; but when we hear the cry of an animal, we can,
        > besides our own feeling, detect through it the manifestation of
        > an inward experience of the animal, whether of pleasure or pain.
        > It is with the latter kind of sound that the student sets to
        > work. He must concentrate his whole attention on the fact that
        > the sound tells him of something that lies outside his own soul.
        > He must immerse himself in this foreign thing. He must closely
        > unite his own feeling with the pleasure or pain of which the
        > sound tells him. He must get beyond the point of caring whether,
        > for him, the sound is pleasant or unpleasant, agreeable or
        > disagreeable, and his soul must be filled with whatever is
        > occurring in the being from which the sound proceeds.
        > Through such exercises, if systematically and deliberately
        > performed, the student will develop within himself the faculty
        > of intermingling, as it were, with the being from which the
        > sound proceeds. A person sensitive to music will find it
        > easier than one who is unmusical to cultivate his inner life
        > in this way; but no one should suppose that a mere sense for
        > music can take the place of this inner activity. The student
        > must learn to feel in this way in the face of the whole of
        > nature. This implants a new faculty in his world of thought
        > and feeling.
        > Through her resounding tones, the whole of nature begins to
        > whisper her secrets to the student. What was hitherto merely
        > incomprehensible noise to his soul becomes by this means
        > a coherent language of nature. And whereas hitherto he only
        > heard sound from the so-called inanimate objects, he now is
        > aware of a new language of the soul. Should he advance further
        > in this inner culture, he will soon learn that he can
        > hear what hitherto he did not even surmise. He begins to hear
        > with the soul."
        >
        > ( -- Rudolf Steiner: Knowledge of the Higher Worlds, II,
        > The Stages of Initiation, written in 1904, GA 10)
        >
        > Of course this challenge is far greater with high quality
        > recorded sound, but it's crucial that we learn to perceive
        > the difference between what comes from the mineral kingdom
        > and electrical energies on the one hand, and living sentient
        > beings on the other hand, which also include purely spiritual
        > (non-corporeal) beings when the threshold is crossed.
        > The confusion of these categories is part and parcel of the

        Thanks for this, Tarjei. It is enlightening. And yet music wouldn't even be possible if not for human influence. Nor would those GPS devices work if not for humans using their faculties to create the technology that makes it all possible.

        You also remind me of a conversation I had yesterday with a female friend who was describing a kind of mental and emotional torture that doesn't even come close to physical pain. A soul wound. The kind of feeling that arises when a person is treated with cruelty or even indifference, which can feel like abandonment or neglect. I learned some shocking news yesterday, from my daughter. A close friend of hers recently revealed that her father had been molesting her since (at least) she was five years old. It's continued over time, too, even as recent as a few weeks ago. I cannot comprehend the mindset of a person who could do that to his own daughter. Unconscionable barely describes it. This is also an example of the "soul wound" my friend was talking about. How does a person heal a soul wound?

        What would Rudolf do? (WWRD)

        Jenny
        Message 3 of 19 , Jun 2, 2009
          --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "write3chairs" <write3chairs@...> wrote:

          > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "elfuncle" wrote:
          >
          > > I don't understand what you mean by "it's happening."
          >
          > What I meant was that technology and science is bearing down on us more all the time.

          That's very true, but it doesn't mean singularity is happening, although it's great movie fantasy material.

          > What would Rudolf do? (WWRD)

          He would probably have checked out GPS, and now he's our mutual Facebook friend :) ; he criticized alarmists against technological developents; there were those in the 19th century who thought cattle would get nervous disorders or something because of trains passing by. And he once remarked about the novelty of riding in an automobile, although he never drove one.

          Message 4 of 19 , Jun 2, 2009
            On the other hand, Jennifer, we also have this:

             http://wn.rsarchive.org/Books/GA026/English/RSP1973/GA026_c29.html

            183. In the age of Natural Science, since about the middle of the nineteenth century, the civilised activities of mankind are gradually sliding downward, not only into the lowest regions of Nature, but even beneath Nature. Technical Science and Industry become Sub-Nature.

            184. This makes it urgent for man to find in conscious experience a knowledge of the Spirit, wherein he will rise as high above Nature as in his sub-natural technical activities he sinks beneath her. He will thus create within him the inner strength not to go under.

            185. A past conception of Nature still bore within it the Spirit with which the source of all human evolution is connected. By degrees, this Spirit vanished altogether from man's theory of Nature. The purely Ahrimanic spirit has entered in its place, and passed from theory of Nature into the technical civilisation of mankind.

            ( -- Rudolf Steiner: Anthroposophical Leading Thoughts, From Nature to Sub-Nature [1925], GA 26)

            Tarjei